DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I love how all yall fall for everything that is rumored about anything DC. None of it is actually true(no trailer for BOP), but its fun watching all yall get all up in arms about it.

Im sure another rumors is going to come out of another unverified source and will be false, and you'll probably just eat it up.

This weird, completely unsubstantiated, and literally unbelievable rumor seems to be the basis for alot of people on here to be writing this movie off completely.

This movie may be awful, because Suicide Squad had a great Trailer too. But the revisionist history denying how off the charts popular Margot's Harley Quinn was, even after the awful SS, is really entertaining to see. She was the reason that movie did as well as it did, she was the biggest Halloween/ Con Costume in years, will be again this year. And Id bet much like Deadpool 2, this will be marketed as the V-Day movie to see and do pretty well.

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This weird, completely unsubstantiated, and literally unbelievable rumor seems to be the basis for alot of people on here to be writing this movie off completely.

This movie may be awful, because Suicide Squad had a great Trailer too. But the revisionist history denying how off the charts popular Margot's Harley Quinn was, even after the awful SS, is really entertaining to see. She was the reason that movie did as well as it did, she was the biggest Halloween/ Con Costume in years, will be again this year. And Id bet much like Deadpool 2, this will be marketed as the V-Day movie to see and do pretty well.

Except I don’t give two craps about Harley Quinn. She was part of a group that interested me in SS. This just looks to be a crappy solo movie masquerading as a team up, with again, no backstory to anyone involved. 

There’s also one photo from the trailer that *may* show the Black Mask. It definitely leans to the rumors about the plot... 

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

There’s also one photo from the trailer that *may* show the Black Mask. It definitely leans to the rumors about the plot... 

Because you have not seen the actual Black mask from a few shots of him from one trailer? Try not to tear an ACL with that leap...

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Because you have not seen the actual Black mask from a few shots of him from one trailer? Try not to tear an ACL with that leap...

Between the painting and the dancers with HQ, it definitely hints at being a BDSM style mask. Again, we don’t know for sure. But it sure as hell is looking like it. 

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am personally just not interested in Harley Quinn solo or the Birds of Prey, especially when they cant even tell good stories with their top chatacters.   The rumors about the plot may not be true, but it wouldnt shock me.

Off the charts popular?   Based on what exactly?  Not saying people didnt like her, but you're going off the deep end.

And no, she was not the reason the movie did so well.  Will Smith was.  Its laughable to ignore his drawing power compared to Margot.   Joker was a bigger draw too, even though he ended up sucking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Off the charts popular?   Based on what exactly?  Not saying people didnt like her, but you're going off the deep end.

We've gone over this before in this thread (or the other one), yes she was, she was huge after that movie came out. And to say any different is being disingenuous

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And no, she was not the reason the movie did so well.  Will Smith was.  Its laughable to ignore his drawing power compared to Margot.   Joker was a bigger draw too, even though he ended up sucking.

Except she was the draw, people said Smith did well, but he wasnt the draw, he never draws anymore. Its not 1998, very few stars pull people in no matter what the movie they are in. But the entire marketing campaign was based on Harley. Go look at the first cuts of the trailers, and the ones just before release. It is all Harley colors, she ends just about every trailer. Just about every review was how enjoyable she was. And its her merch that STILL sells like gangbusters, nothing Joker, Nothing Deadshot, all Harley

Edited by StLunatic88

17 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I love how all yall fall for everything that is rumored about anything DC. None of it is actually true(no trailer for BOP), but its fun watching all yall get all up in arms about it.

Im sure another rumors is going to come out of another unverified source and will be false, and you'll probably just eat it up.

You seem to get cranky every time someone gets too critical of DC movies.

I'm a huge DC fan, and I dont know if the rumors are true, but the reason many are willing to believe the rumors is because of the poor quality of most recent DCEU movies, especially the stories.

Time will tell.  I'm not interested, but it's not because of the rumored story.  Wasnt interested even before the rumor.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

We've gone over this before in this thread (or the other one), yes she was, she was huge after that movie came out. And to say any different is being disingenuous

Except she was the draw, people said Smith did well, but he wasnt the draw, he never draws anymore. Its not 1998, very few stars pull people in no matter what the movie they are in. But the entire marketing campaign was based on Harley. Go look at the first cuts of the trailers, and the ones just before release. It is all Harley colors, she ends just about every trailer. Just about every review was how enjoyable she was. And its her merch that STILL sells like gangbusters, nothing Joker, Nothing Deadshot, all Harley

Harley is a pretty popular character in general, and I'm not saying people didnt like her in Suicide Squad, but this "off the charts" popular narrative has nothing to support it.  Harley was already a very popular costume among girls even before SS.  Obviously, Robbies over sexualized portrayal gave it another push, but outside of people gushing about how she LOOKED, I dont recall tons of people talking up her performance.  In fact, most people I've seen talk about thought she was just okay.  She might've been a bright spot in a terrible movie, but that's not exactly high praise.

Not 1998?  If you think Robbie is anywhere close to the draw Will Smith is, even in 2019, you're seriously delusional.  Dont get me wrong, she was definitely the more memorable character, but Will Smith being in a superhero movie is a HUGE draw.  

Bottom line, I'm not saying she isnt popular as Harley Quinn, but you're seriously overestimating HOW popular.   

It's too bad DC just can't quite get it together.  With Marvel ending the Avengers run for now and headed in a different direction with newer characters, this would be the best time for DC to drop a few great movies and gain some traction with Justice League characters.  Instead, we get Birds of Prey and a Batman movie two years out, a Wonder Woman movie next year, an Aquaman sequel down the road, but no Superman in sight.  Sad really.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, devils1854 said:

Flash sucked this season. The daughter thing was awful.........The Flash does have the best ingredients for a good series, but it gets in its own way having way too many characters, and Iris and daughter suck.

Arrow......Honestly havent really liked this show since around season 3. I havent finished the last season, but the prison stuff was excellent. The best stuff since season 2. The flash forward stuff is awful.

I really like some parts of Supergirl. The girl that plays Supergirl is great. The writers can actually write good female characters unlike Flash and Arrow, but the SJW stuff is way, way over the top, and Im never a person that complains about it, but I have to here. This is the show I fast forward the most when I watch the new seasons on Netflix.

Legends is easily the most fun show of the DCCW shows. Its very meta. You can honestly watch each episode separately like a procedural. I absolutely hate White Canary. She might be the worst character of all the shows, and of course she is the lead here. Constantine is great with the team. I do like the shapeshifter woman from this past season.

Black Lightning.....seen 3 episodes. Coundnt get into it.

Will give Batwoman a chance since its in Gotham.

I'm a huge Flash fan and very much enjoy the show.  That being said...yes...Iris sucks.  I don't get much chemistry between her and Barry.  She's also not a good actress.  Stiff.

I didn't care much for the XS plotline, either.  And really, the Wally West intro was a complete failure.

Caitlin/Frost is what keeps me coming back.  That and Cavanaugh.  I love how he creates all of those Wells characters and he is amazing as Reverse Flash.  That there is worth the price of admission to me!

And I totally dig Legends.  You are spot on with how you can flip in and out of that show.  My wife watches it on occasion and loves it, and she never catches episodes back to back.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm a huge Flash fan and very much enjoy the show.  That being said...yes...Iris sucks.  I don't get much chemistry between her and Barry.  She's also not a good actress.  Stiff.

I didn't care much for the XS plotline, either.  And really, the Wally West intro was a complete failure.

Caitlin/Frost is what keeps me coming back.  That and Cavanaugh.  I love how he creates all of those Wells characters and he is amazing as Reverse Flash.  That there is worth the price of admission to me!

And I totally dig Legends.  You are spot on with how you can flip in and out of that show.  My wife watches it on occasion and loves it, and she never catches episodes back to back.

Iris is pretty much the reason why i stopped watching the show. Hated every scene she was in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Iris is pretty much the reason why i stopped watching the show. Hated every scene she was in.

Her and Felicity are both insufferable.  Laurel used to be too.

One minute they are strong women who can take on anything, the next minute they are whining over the dumbest shiz.

Terrible writing + bad acting makes them hard to stomach...especially when they sometimes get more attention than the freaking title characters.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Her and Felicity are both insufferable.  Laurel used to be too.

One minute they are strong women who can take on anything, the next minute they are whining over the dumbest shiz.

Terrible writing + bad acting makes them hard to stomach...especially when they sometimes get more attention than the freaking title characters.

Yeah during season 3 all Felicity did was complain. I didn’t buy laurel becoming (forgot the name) and someone beating up all these dudes, while she takes punches from them.

4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Yeah during season 3 all Felicity did was complain. I didn’t buy laurel becoming (forgot the name) and someone beating up all these dudes, while she takes punches from them.

I like Felicity early on. But after her and Oliver became an item, she plummeted. She started whining over stupid stuff, and the actress portraying her absolutely sucks in dramatic scenes. Every time she whimpered in sadness, I wanted to choke her.

Laurel is actually Black Canary in the comics but she was terrible as Black Canary in this. Sarah and the other girl were much better.

The love interests in the CW shows are the characters that make it obvious that in the end, they are still just CW shows. Between the on again off again nature of the relationships for big chunks of the show, and the need to have that scene every episode where X member of team Arrow/Flash storms off for some reason ranging from petty and immature to character changing, you get a situation where the love interests are basically just sources of drama for the protagonist, rather than being real characters in and of themselves. Makes them really unlikable characters because of how poorly written they are.

• Like 1