DC Movie Universe

devils1854

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

the last page of the thread is red flag number 1 that the DCU is in trouble

Haha....because people would rather talk about off topic nonsense than the DCEU itself?    

Thats not far off.

Ive been trying to show faith in them the last few years, and I do think it COULD BE salvageable.     However, after seeing how they are handling the DCEU in regards to moving forward with movies like Lobo and Shazam when they dont even have their main characters developed properly.....I have very little faith in the DCEU anymore.    The studio heads at WB are laughably clueless.  

The extended cut of BvS gave me hope that with a little more efficient screenplay and less things for fanboys the DC universe had hope

The Justice League pretty much ruined it.

Wonder Woman, even with its weak villian, was good but its going to be hard to recapture the magic/excitement of something historic that came with the first one for women.

9 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Wonder Woman, even with its weak villian, was good but its going to be hard to recapture the magic/excitement of something historic that came with the first one for women.

Wrong.  I know your type likes to do this.  "Historical," "yay, women..." It's still wrong.  This crap happens all the time and it is so damn obnoxious because you're literally crapping on the firsts in order to act like there's some big massive conspiracy keeping them from happening.

There was a Wonder Woman movie in 1974.  Then a TV series of Wonder Woman.  There was a Supergirl movie in 1984.  Catwoman in 2004.  Elektra in 2005. 

Then there are other female-led action movies, too.  Aliens.  Terminator 2.  Underworld.  Hunger Games.  Tomb Raider.  More and more and more.  All of those movies were box office hits.  Why?  Because they were good movies.  They were damn good movies except for maybe Hunger Games and Tomb Raider.  Nobody - NOBODY - gives a crap if a movie is led by females instead of men.  Aliens and Terminator 2 are on almost every single man's top 25 list because they don't give a **** if it's a woman or a man or a genderflluid teacup. 

They want good movies.  Wonder Woman was a good movie.  Congratulations on not only crediting an accomplishment in good movies to some feminist propaganda while simultaneously crapping on true pioneers. 

I thought we were past this?  I thought everybody knew that Wonder Woman did well because it was a good movie, not for some stupid BS third wave feminism crap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Wrong.  I know your type likes to do this.  "Historical," "yay, women..." It's still wrong.  This crap happens all the time and it is so damn obnoxious because you're literally crapping on the firsts in order to act like there's some big massive conspiracy keeping them from happening.

There was a Wonder Woman movie in 1974.  Then a TV series of Wonder Woman.  There was a Supergirl movie in 1984.  Catwoman in 2004.  Elektra in 2005. 

Then there are other female-led action movies, too.  Aliens.  Terminator 2.  Underworld.  Hunger Games.  Tomb Raider.  More and more and more.  All of those movies were box office hits.  Why?  Because they were good movies.  They were damn good movies except for maybe Hunger Games and Tomb Raider.  Nobody - NOBODY - gives a crap if a movie is led by females instead of men.  Aliens and Terminator 2 are on almost every single man's top 25 list because they don't give a **** if it's a woman or a man or a genderflluid teacup. 

They want good movies.  Wonder Woman was a good movie.  Congratulations on not only crediting an accomplishment in good movies to some feminist propaganda while simultaneously crapping on true pioneers. 

I thought we were past this?  I thought everybody knew that Wonder Woman did well because it was a good movie, not for some stupid BS third wave feminism crap. 

I re-read what I typed and I forgot to finish the thought. I meant to say first one for women in this new generation. 

I still think my now completed though holds a point. Now that young girls of this new generation have seen a big budget, good messaged female superhero movie that didnt suck, wonder woman 2 wont get the added boost of euphoria the second time around that can cover up the deficiencies like it did with its weak third act/poor villain. Which was really the only point I was trying to make and I dont think its an incorrect point.

And 'i know your type.' Lol child please. Anyone who disagrees with you here and there (obviously not here since i mistakenly left out a few words) isnt some bleeding heart SJW. 

As I stated before, annoying SJW men and the RooshV reading menists are both effing things up for the rest of us middle of the road sensible men.

Just now, ohiogenius said:

And 'i know your type.' Lol child please. Anyone who disagrees with you here and there (obviously not here since i mistakenly left out a few words) isnt some bleeding heart SJW. 

As I stated before, annoying SJW men and the RooshV reading menists are both effing things up for the rest of us middle of the road sensible men.

It doesn't matter.  Nobody gives a **** about female empowerment.  There are 10,000 shows with female leads.  The only thing anybody cares about is whether or not something is a good movie.  You literally just posted an article about the wage gap in response to a joke about the very real SJW Whedon and you expect me to believe you're a middle of the road sensible man?  And you really think me having a problem with you acting like Wonder Woman was the first strong female lead makes me a menist?  That's your own damn fault. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It doesn't matter.  Nobody gives a **** about female empowerment.  There are 10,000 shows with female leads.  The only thing anybody cares about is whether or not something is a good movie.  You literally just posted an article about the wage gap in response to a joke about the very real SJW Whedon and you expect me to believe you're a middle of the road sensible man?  And you really think me having a problem with you acting like Wonder Woman was the first strong female lead makes me a menist?  That's your own damn fault. 

The article wasnt directed at you. The title you said made me chuckle 

That being said, that was like the 2nd or 3rd time I saw some off topic comment about SJW-ing in a short period of time so I just pointed out its just as annoying a SJW.

I clearly stated I mistakenly left out a few words but if you are able to deduce a type based on 1 post of mine, then dont get salty if based yeah on 2 or 3 posts of you get labeled. (for the record while you do sound like one of those guys, I was merely just using a label to point out how absurd it is to make assumptions on small amount of posts)

Just now, ohiogenius said:

The article wasnt directed at you. The title you said made me chuckle 

That being said, that was like the 2nd or 3rd time I saw some off topic comment about SJW-ing in a short period of time so I just pointed out its just as annoying a SJW.

I clearly stated I mistakenly left out a few words but if you are able to deduce a type based on 1 post of mine, then dont get salty if based yeah on 2 or 3 posts of you get labeled. (for the record while you do sound like one of those guys, I was merely just using a label to point out how absurd it is to make assumptions on small amount of posts)

Yeah, well...

giphy.gif

If Aquaman underwhelms, are they early enough in production on everything else to just scrap the DCEU?   Was thinking about it today, and I'm unlikely to see either Aquaman or Flash in theaters unless I see a great trailer followed by strong word of mouth from sources I trust.  Just not that much interest at this point.  It's a shame because I really do think Cavill and Gadot was great casting, but the writing has just been so weak in total.

Edited by THE DUKE

Just now, THE DUKE said:

If Aquaman underwhelms, are they early enough in production on everything else to just scrap the DCEU?  

Don't think so.  I'm pretty sure Shazam has gone into production and it is currently filming.  Wonder Woman 2 is in pre-production. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

Aquaman got a good word of mouth from test screenings.. people are saying it has the best action in the DCU by a good margin

I think that film will be fine since it has Wan directing it.. he's a solid director who can put together great scenes

the only downside is that aquaman has to be in it

14 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

The new 52 aquaman apparently isnt lame. 

Plus with Jason Mamoa, you'd think they would have to make aquaman badass

I just hope they take out the "dude" aspect of Aquaman that was in Justice League.   No idea why they felt the need to make him that way.