DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Not sure if anyone mentioned this here, but I heard this somewhere and I like it

DC should now make a bunch of Indy-type films like Joker to set up other villian characters 

They can truly be the Anti-Marvel that way. In a way thats more engaging than MoS and BvS.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this here, but I heard this somewhere and I like it

DC should now make a bunch of Indy-type films like Joker to set up other villian characters 

They can truly be the Anti-Marvel that way. In a way thats more engaging than MoS and BvS.

Meh.  This was a perfect storm situation.  I dont think other villains would draw as much. This wasnt a movie written about Joker....it was a character piece that basically shoehorned the Joker persona into it.

On top of that, it doesn't really set anything up.  Joker didnt. 

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Meh.  This was a perfect storm situation.  I dont think other villains would draw as much. This wasnt a movie written about Joker....it was a character piece that basically shoehorned the Joker persona into it.

How about a Godfather type movie introducing The Penguin.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think it does even though it doesn't try too. Not necessarily Arthur himself, but the poverty and crime rate skyrocketing with the Joker leading a new brand of criminals Gotham hasn't seen before.

Setting up villain after villain to show Batman rising against it all would make Pattison's story far more dramatic and daring. I've said this before awhile ago but if all these villain stories were as good as Joker it could help set up the new DCU where the heroes actually have the odd's stacked against them rather then just implying it in film after film. 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

How about a Godfather type movie introducing The Penguin.

That could potentially work, while including the feuding crime families like the Maroni's and Falcone's, who Penguin was tied to. 

They would need to find a great actor to portray him, and find a way to really sell the concept.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I think it does even though it doesn't try too. Not necessarily Arthur himself, but the poverty and crime rate skyrocketing with the Joker leading a new brand of criminals Gotham hasn't seen before.

Setting up villain after villain to show Batman rising against it all would make Pattison's story far more dramatic and daring. I've said this before awhile ago but if all these villain stories were as good as Joker it could help set up the new DCU where the heroes actually have the odd's stacked against them rather then just implying it in film after film. 

The Joker is completely separate though.  Its not part of an extended universe.

Not every villain movie would draw like Joker either.  Joker is one of the most iconic fictional villains ever.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The Joker is completely separate though.  Its not part of an extended universe.

Not every villain movie would draw like Joker either.  Joker is one of the most iconic fictional villains ever.

Technically the individual members of the Avengers shouldn't have had the draw that they did but their movies were massive once they got the ball going. 

It's separate until it's not just like X-Men:FC was supposed to be seperate from the entire X-Men trilogy and yet we still got Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman in DOFP.

Honestly if Joquen Phoenix is up for it, this could kick start what WB was hoping for if they just find the right actors, although given the current rumors about Hill and Rogen this movie will probably stay seperate. 

Individual villain stories leading up to the Batman would be cool but you'd need to be careful with it. You could do Penguin as suggested, you could probably do a Scarecrow movie too. Mr. Freeze has a great story to tell. Two-Face as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Individual villain stories leading up to the Batman would be cool but you'd need to be careful with it. You could do Penguin as suggested, you could probably do a Scarecrow movie too. Mr. Freeze has a great story to tell. Two-Face as well.

Freeze would be the obvious choice to do next. 

• Like 1