DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The motivations for Lex and Bruce hating Superman in BvS were so embarrassingly bad.   A few tweaks here and there and it wouldve been fine, but the way they were written were awful.   It just seemed like Snyder and Goyer thought that their hatreds for Superman needed to be overly convoluted when they didnt.

I get that Batman felt he was a threat. and after Robin was killed he was alot more brutal, but he is supposed to be a genius and the worlds greatest detective....and he just ignored everything Superman did that was good and the fact he saved the planet, and wanted to kill him because he MIGHT turn bad?   Dumb.

Lex just seemed to hate him because he represented god, and he hated god because his daddy was mean to him.   

IMO, Lex shouldve been fascinated with Superman's powers and wanted to team up with him, but when Superman refuses, Lex becomes angry that he cant control Superman like he does everyone else and then manipulated Batman to help him take Superman down....maybe by setting Superman up and making him attack innocent troops or cops or something.    Then Batman's distrust wouldve been more warranted.

I dont have all the answers, but it couldve easily been done much better.   I seriously wonder how some Hollywood writers get work.    

And don't forget the Martha scene. Bats stops trying to kill Superman after spending 2 years doing just that because his mom has the same name? Effing stupid. 

I would've believed it more had he said they're letting him kill his mom and they manipulated him.

Pretty sad when we can come up with something better than the people who make a living off of this. xD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

And don't forget the Martha scene. Bats stops trying to kill Superman after spending 2 years doing just that because his mom has the same name? Effing stupid. 

I would've believed it more had he said they're letting him kill his mom and they manipulated him.

Pretty sad when we can come up with something better than the people who make a living off of this. xD

Obviously, that was one of the dumbest ideas ever.       Not sure how that ever got greenlit, but then again, alot of these things shouldnt have been.

49 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The motivations for Lex and Bruce hating Superman in BvS were so embarrassingly bad.   A few tweaks here and there and it wouldve been fine, but the way they were written were awful.   It just seemed like Snyder and Goyer thought that their hatreds for Superman needed to be overly convoluted when they didnt.

I get that Batman felt he was a threat. and after Robin was killed he was alot more brutal, but he is supposed to be a genius and the worlds greatest detective....and he just ignored everything Superman did that was good and the fact he saved the planet, and wanted to kill him because he MIGHT turn bad?   Dumb.

Lex just seemed to hate him because he represented god, and he hated god because his daddy was mean to him.   

IMO, Lex shouldve been fascinated with Superman's powers and wanted to team up with him, but when Superman refuses, Lex becomes angry that he cant control Superman like he does everyone else and then manipulated Batman to help him take Superman down....maybe by setting Superman up and making him attack innocent troops or cops or something.    Then Batman's distrust wouldve been more warranted.

I dont have all the answers, but it couldve easily been done much better.   I seriously wonder how some Hollywood writers get work.    

Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit, but I always interpreted Lex's hatred for Superman, and to a lesser extent Batman,  as being he had this huge plan to overtake the world, or something similar, but saw Superman, and maybe Batman also, as threats to his plan.  So he tried to turn them against one another to eliminate the threat each posed to whatever plot he was planning.

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit, but I always interpreted Lex's hatred for Superman, and to a lesser extent Batman,  as being he had this huge plan to overtake the world, or something similar, but saw Superman, and maybe Batman also, as threats to his plan.  So he tried to turn them against one another to eliminate the threat each posed to whatever plot he was planning.

Im not saying youre wrong....but I think we can both agree that, if that was Lex's overall plan, it wasnt really made clear, and everything else surrounding it was done/explained poorly.

Thats the biggest issue....no clear motivations.      

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not saying youre wrong....but I think we can both agree that, if that was Lex's overall plan, it wasnt really made clear, and everything else surrounding it was done/explained poorly.

Thats the biggest issue....no clear motivations.      

Very true.  I just figured that Snyder had a long term plan for Lex vs. Supes.  And we didn't get it in SvB.  Not sure if it needed to be more visible.  It could have been explored over the course of the next few movies.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This has been suggested by the internet in general for forever and it is an absolutely fantastic idea. 

Yep. I've been on board with this for the last year. Now it might actually be gaining traction.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, KManX89 said:

I'm still completely baffled that they threw in that convoluted 20 minute prologue to bump the movie's runtime to 75 minutes. I get that the actual KJ portion wasn't long enough to support a film, but they could've and should've just expanded the actual KJ story, it would've been so much better than the mess we actually got.

Ugh, I had forgotten about Batsex