All In - Part Deux

R T

18 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Yeah. I like the Bucks, but without Middleton we needed to steal this one with someone like Grayson or Matthews just raining 3s. I’ll be rooting for the Western Conference come June. 

True. Last year's playoffs, Midds would go 30pt supernova from outside like two games in each series which made the difference. I think its admirable they took Boston to Game 7 without their 2nd best player. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We signed a guy who didn't even long-snap in college. Should work out perfectly. 

Misleading comment, he snapped on FG's and extra points but not punts. It is an odd thing, but it's not like he didn't long-snap in college unless you believe that snapping on punts is the only long snap.   

10 minutes ago, R T said:

Misleading comment, he snapped on FG's and extra points but not punts. It is an odd thing, but it's not like he didn't long-snap in college unless you believe that snapping on punts is the only long snap.   

My point more is that I'm not sure why they mess around with this position so much, especially after it partially cost us a playoff win last year. There are several veteran long snappers sitting out there who have snapped thousands of balls in their careers. I wonder why we haven't just signed one and be done with it versus messing around with rookies. Maybe we're trying to pinch pennies there. 

16 minutes ago, R T said:

I read he was a full time snapper for 3 years and transitioned to tight end this year to try and enhance his pro chances.

Y'all sound like Chili. Breaking down the 90th on the roster who's a ******* long snapper.

The next time you see this dude's name it will be when he's cut. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I read he was a full time snapper for 3 years and transitioned to tight end this year to try and enhance his pro chances.

This is from Acme Packing Company's look at the tryout players. 

Jack Coco, LS, Georgia Tech

Coco was a long snapper for three years in Atlanta but added backup tight end responsibilities midway through the 2020 season and moved to that position full-time in 2021. However, he will return to his snapping duties in camp this weekend as one of two long snappers invited on a tryout basis. Interestingly, he only snapped on place-kicks for the Yellow Jackets, not on punts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Y'all sound like Chili. Breaking down the 90th on the roster who's a ******* long snapper.

The next time you see this dude's name it will be when he's cut. 

The interesting part is not the unknown long snapper, but how it flushes out the guy who wants to sign any old has-been for every roster spot not occupied by a current Pro Bowler. 

• Like 1