Vikings QB Sam Bradford to IR, Teddy Bridgewater Officially Activated

SteelKing728

There was talk that he'd never play again. That his career was over in a matter of seconds. What he's doing is extremely rare for any player in any sport.

He likely won't play this week or next. Probably after the bye.

How will this impact the Vikings? What QB do they go with?

What QB do they go with?

Only certainty is Bradford if he's healthy.

Other than that, roll with Case if he keeps playing well, otherwise give B-Dub a go. Really don't care who plays at all. Just go with healthiest guy who is playing his best.

10 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

I don't think they will play him this year, he hasn't played a game in nearly 2 years so he is going to need time.

He will need time for sure. It will be hard to justify pulling Keenum if he keeps playing well enough to win games.

Bradford is done. I wouldn't be shocked if MN puts him on IR to make room for Teddy.

11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Depends on what the news is with Bradford who is dealing with his own knee issue. Really depends on how quickly / if Bridgewater can shake off the rust.

There is concern that Bradford might be done for the year or longer. Nothing substantial though.

I think we'll see Bridgewater get some snaps this year, even if in garbage time. Right now we're assuming (and nothing seems to suggest this won't be the case), that Keanum starts the rest of the season (or until he falters) and Bridgewater would take over because Bradford doesn't seem like he'll be healthy again this season.

Great news. I’ve always been a big Bridgewater fan and I hope he gets his shot. It’d benefit him a lot in 2018 both contractually and physically if he can knock some rust off before hitting free agency.

Unfortunately, I only really see this happening if Bradford stays hurt and Keenum starts to blow winnable games. 

I'm anxious to see him back in the saddle. Really sucked when he went down. By the way, I know it's been a couple of years but when he was starting in 2014 and 2015 he took a lot of sacks. 83 times in 29 games. I've heard that Bridgewater might not be an ideal fit for the offense that Pat Shurmur has there, but I don't know. Maybe Teddy has a habit of holding on to the ball too long as well. Whatever the case, that's a lot of damage to take in you first couple of seasons. 

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm anxious to see him back in the saddle. Really sucked when he went down. By the way, I know it's been a couple of years but when he was starting in 2014 and 2015 he took a lot of sacks. 83 times in 29 games. I've heard that Bridgewater might not be an ideal fit for the offense that Pat Shurmur has there, but I don't know. Maybe Teddy has a habit of holding on to the ball too long as well. Whatever the case, that's a lot of damage to take in you first couple of seasons. 

Teddy took a lot of sacks in part due to playing in the Norv Turner offense. Teddy is actually a much better fit for Shurmurs offense, I think sacks will go down and Shurmur will do things to get Teddy in space. Turner never adjusted for Teddys style.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Teddy took a lot of sacks in part due to playing in the Norv Turner offense. Teddy is actually a much better fit for Shurmurs offense, I think sacks will go down and Shurmur will do things to get Teddy in space. Turner never adjusted for Teddys style.

That is what I'm hoping is the case. Keenum has only taken four sacks this year in four starts. 

Archived