Vikings QB Sam Bradford to IR, Teddy Bridgewater Officially Activated

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Case Keenum is garbage. Teddy B is running laps around him at half speed. Start him after their bye week.

Keenum has been solid. Far from garbage. I'm not sure that Teddy would outperform Keenum at this point given how much time Teddy has missed. Especially since he will be in preseason form while everyone else will be in midseason form.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Keenum has been solid. Far from garbage. I'm not sure that Teddy would outperform Keenum at this point given how much time Teddy has missed. Especially since he will be in preseason form while everyone else will be in midseason form.

Keenum will always be in offseason mode.. Trash can.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Yeah he's been solid this year. But overall, he is awful right now Pat Shurmur is pulling magic out of his butt right now. I don't see this career back-up sustaining solid play throughout the year. Teddy B. is a more gifted passer and I think they should roll the die. Maybe throw him in the games when games are out of reach to get his feet wet.

I agree. Keenum is going to give MN some bad outings for every good one. I'd like to see a scenario play out with MN competing for a division title with Teddy under center. Bradford is done.

MN is likely 6-2 (Bal at home, Cle in London) heading into the bye with a big decision to make.

The long wait for Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to return to the field is taking a major step forward on Wednesday.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed that Bridgewater has been given medical clearance to begin practicing for the first time in 14 months and that he will do just that on Wednesday. That will open a three-week window for the Vikings to evaluate Bridgewater in practice before deciding whether to add him to their active roster.

The Vikings play the Ravens and Browns in the next two weeks before they have a bye week. If all goes as hoped, Bridgewater should be in uniform when they return to action against the Redskins in Week 10.

From NBC Sports, Pro Football Talk "Teddy Bridgewater..." (I can't access the web page site for whatever reason)

Archived