Last Mock before the NFL Draft or Who the heck knows what's going to happen Draft.

Big T

The Senior Bowl is behind us, the Combine behind us, and soon the Pro Days will be behind us, less workouts that guy's will have i.e. WR's/TE's etc. who could not run or compete for one reason or another. 

As we enter the final 36? days before the draft, the current news is that some of the less than desirable QB's may be moving up the board according to eye witnesses and could be top ten draft picks when all the smoke clears.

Teams like Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, and Washington could all be in play to move up.

So much of what we do depends so much on what teams do ahead of us and you really don't need me to tell you that. And the chances of the Jets moving back if the reports are correct about the QB's having good showings increases.

I personally believe the Jets will move down  from the 4th pick if the compensation is enough, and it matters not who is there to be had. The Jets are in a sweet spot for Carolina, who the Jets have had prior trade history with.

If Carolina is interested in grabbing a QB only 2 spots ahead and the Jets would only have to move back 2 spots to 6. This is very, very, doable. On the other hand the Jets have had a history of doing trades with both Atlanta and Seattle. 

Both of which could want to leapfrog other QB deficient teams. Knowing this makes it difficult to truly put together a mock draft where my Jets compadres here would say, "I could see that".

So IMHO the Jets will trade down out of the 4th pick, say to the 6th pick for now.

1. Sauce Gardner is the pick the Jets have their shut down corner for the next 10 years, compensation not withstanding.

Jets get another 3rd this year and a 1st and 3rd next year. Humor me.

Now the Jets have an immediate need at a top WR, but the draft is thick in WR's and DE's. But the Jets are dying for a rangy LB

2. So I can see the Jets drafting Jermaine Johnson here depending on who's available, Devon Lloyd is not out of the question as well.

The dark horses in this race could be Wilson and London if the Jets think the draft talent drops off at WR after this.

3. So say its Sauce and Johnson in round 1

Here we are in round 2 and we have 2 picks, the fact is the Jets could jump back into the 1st round if they think there's a guy there they like.

But I don't think so.

4. So with the 1st pick of the second round the Jets draft the best pass catching rb in the draft.

Breese Hall.

Next up the Jets draft a tall fast underrated WR (provided of course they don't draft one in the first round)

Christian Watson, Johan Dotson, George Pickens or Alec Pierce.

Now if the Jets do draft a WR in round one, then we go defense with the second of their 2 second rounders.

The Jets double dip at DE and grab Ojabo who falls out of the first round because of an injury.

So we have Sauce, Wilson/London, Hall, and Ojabo.

In such a scenario we would have to say the Jets are going to add another defensive player to the mix.

One might say a S, but not me. Here are 3 guys the Jets could choose with the 3rd pick in the draft.

Leo Chenal, Troy Anderson, Chad Muma. of the three I like Chenal best. 

Going into the 4th round we double dip at WR

Calvin Austin III

Next up RB again

Damion Pierce

Round 5 are the value picks where the Jets excel at.

Camron Jurgens Center

Cade Mays  OT

So the Jets wind up with Sauce, and either Wilson/London or Johnson at DE, Hall and Ojabo in round 2 round 3 Leo Chenal, WR Calvin Austin III, RB and punisher Damion Pierce in round 5 Camron Jurgens and T Cade Mays.

But it all really comes down to pick 4 which I believe will be traded down from. 

Happy Mock Drafting guys, until next year.