Dolphins trade for Tyreek Hill

Emerica

Trade compensation was fine for a top 5 weapon in the entire league.  You aren't going to draft a Tyreek Hill with the 29th or 50th pick in this draft.  Kept both 1st rounders for 2023 in case Tua bombs this year as well.

Contract is obviousy high, but again, he's a top 5 weapon in the entire league.  You have to pay for rarity like Hill.

If it ended there, I couldn't help but be excited.  But it doesn't.  Hill smacked around his pregnant girlfriend in college.  He then was investigated for child abuse against his kid last year.  I'm pretty sure it was during that investigation that more cringeworthy texts or voicemails were brought to light where Hill was a controlling SOB towards his fiance/wife.  Bascially threatening her all the time.  

• Like 1

Heart say yes but the brain says no.

Tyreek is a top-3 receiver, arguably top-10 player in the league who is still in his prime and the compensation isn't outrageous. With that said, echoing other folks sentiments, he probably has one of the biggest egos in the league and mix in the off-the-field stuff in his past + South Florida... I would lie if I said I wasn't concerned and would've rather we stay the course. Time will tell

At least we kept all our top picks for next year, in the eventually that Tua doesn't deliver this year, we still have a shot at getting the next QB. 

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

That we're desperate?

I like the move in theory, If he stays healthy he is worth it. People may not like the move for reasons other than football (which is fine, to each their own), but there is no denying the guy is very talented on the field. 

My concern about this trade is that Tua can't get the ball to him, and I'm not talking about Tua not having time.  I saw enough of Tua last season to be concerned about his arm talent and his foot work.  Great intermediate accuracy and solid mobility, but subpar arm strength and inconsistent footwork.

It's a lot of compensation for an extremely talented player that we may not be able to take advantage of.  Additionally, I'm concerned with how Hills outlook and attitude will be when he is getting open for chunk plays but doesn't get targets.

Edited by Swampbilly

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I’l just realized, at worst, Tyreek may be the 2nd best offensive player in Dolphins’ history.

Way to start some controversy LOL!!!  He hasn't played a snap yet as a Dolphin.  His success will be dependent on our QB play.  Just consider this; if he is the 10th best Offensive player in Dolphins history he is a HoF'er.

All in HoF in no particular order

Marino

Csonka

Greise

Dwight Stephenson

Larry Little

Paul Warfield

Jim Langer

Bob Kuechenberg

Thurman Thomas & Chris Carter LMAO

Honorable mention

Ricky Williams

Richmond Webb

Keith Simms

Mark Clayton

Mark Duper

54 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Way to start some controversy LOL!!!  He hasn't played a snap yet as a Dolphin.  His success will be dependent on our QB play.  Just consider this; if he is the 10th best Offensive player in Dolphins history he is a HoF'er.

All in HoF in no particular order

Marino

Csonka

Greise

Dwight Stephenson

Larry Little

Paul Warfield

Jim Langer

Bob Kuechenberg

Thurman Thomas & Chris Carter LMAO

Honorable mention

Ricky Williams

Richmond Webb

Keith Simms

Mark Clayton

Mark Duper

I’m evaluating him just as a talent with his track record. How many on that list (not focusing on team need) would one choose to have over the Cheetah?