Dolphins trade for Tyreek Hill

Emerica

23 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I’m evaluating him just as a talent with his track record. How many on that list (not focusing on team need) would one choose to have over the Cheetah?

As far as potential, I concur. Aside from Marino, I probably would go Hill since the league is now pass happy, offense friendly but in fairness, Waddle himself has proven more in a Dolphins uniform and has tons of potential. NFL 15-20 years ago I'd take Ricky Williams easily, (off of talent).

Time will tell but at least it is cause for optimism with the fanbase. I am keeping my expectations measured with a first year HC and the AFC is a buzzsaw. If the Dolphins were in the NFC I would be optimistic for a playoff birth.  

On 6/27/2022 at 10:31 AM, Tetsujin said:

I’m evaluating him just as a talent with his track record. How many on that list (not focusing on team need) would one choose to have over the Cheetah?

Putting aside team needs, I would take Hill over Sims, Clayton, Duper, Langer, Warfield, and maybe Griese (he's way overrated).  I would definitely take Ricky Williams and Richmond Webb, neither in the HoF over Hill.

Additionally: Webb isn't in the HoF but is probably an even bigger snub than Zach Thomas, and IMO both should have gotten in the Hall over Boselli.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:34 AM, Swampbilly said:

Putting aside team needs, I would take Hill over Sims, Clayton, Duper, Langer, Warfield, and maybe Griese (he's way overrated).  I would definitely take Ricky Williams and Richmond Webb, neither in the HoF over Hill.

Additionally: Webb isn't in the HoF but is probably an even bigger snub than Zach Thomas, and IMO both should have gotten in the Hall over Boselli.

When you compare Webb's numbers against the Bruce Smith Buffalo Bills, he was absolutely amazing.  He came as close to shutting down Bruce Smith as anyone has.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

After 8 games Hill is on pace to break the single season receiving yards record (becoming the only player to hit the 2,000 mark) and be 3 receptions shy of the single season receptions record.

Through Week 8: 69-961

Extrapolated:::::::: 146-2,042

The current records: 149-1,964 (Michael Thomas & Calvin Johnson)

Edited by Tetsujin

16 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

After 8 games Hill is on pace to break the single season receiving yards record (becoming the only player to hit the 2,000 mark) and be 3 receptions shy of the single season receptions record.

He's been far better than I thought he would be in our Offense, and so has Tua.

13 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

He's been far better than I thought he would be in our Offense, and so has Tua.

He has been great, well worth the price we paid. No regrets. I am sure KC feels good with the trade as well considering where their team is at. I believe this is a situation where both sides can feel like they won. Tyreek is fast no doubt but isn't a one trick pony like the Mike Wallace trade, he is all over the field and making contested catches. The guy is different. 

This is year 1 of a new offensive system. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:36 PM, Tetsujin said:

Through 9, is on pace for:

143.5 catches and 2085.33 yards.  He's the OPOY so far in the NFL.