2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

I agree with the basic point, but this seems a particularly bad time to make it. A big reason for the losing streak is because he is in the worst funk of his career

While still OPS'ing .989. You'd think the Angels should win SOME games even if Trout isn't hitting.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Matt Carpenter off the streets has been a welcomed addition

Even the corpse of Matt Carpenter has his way with the Cubs.  At least Pujols hasn't magically turned into a good player again with the Cards.  The voodoo does indeed have its limitations.

25 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Even the corpse of Matt Carpenter has his way with the Cubs.  At least Pujols hasn't magically turned into a good player again with the Cards.  The voodoo does indeed have its limitations.

That franchise is stacked with young hitting talent right now in all levels. The only thing I've noticed with some of these random Cards players is that they can burn out rather quickly (Almedys Diaz, DeJong, Allen Craig, Joe Kelly, Jaime Garcia, Carpenter, etc.) or maybe it just feels that way because they develop sooooo many good players.

36 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

That franchise is stacked with young hitting talent right now in all levels. The only thing I've noticed with some of these random Cards players is that they can burn out rather quickly (Almedys Diaz, DeJong, Allen Craig, Joe Kelly, Jaime Garcia, Carpenter, etc.) or maybe it just feels that way because they develop sooooo many good players.

No, it's how they've been for quite awhile now.  Pull some obscure player from the draft, sprinkle some Cardinal Voodoo on them, and watch them become a solid contributor at the big league level for 2-4 years.  They never have to extend any of them because they don't make it even through their arb years while being productive and are easily replaced with another voodoo guy.  Their teams are never juggernauts, as they don't produce superstars, but they are always competetive.  

24 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

No, it's how they've been for quite awhile now.  Pull some obscure player from the draft, sprinkle some Cardinal Voodoo on them, and watch them become a solid contributor at the big league level for 2-4 years.  They never have to extend any of them because they don't make it even through their arb years while being productive and are easily replaced with another voodoo guy.  Their teams are never juggernauts, as they don't produce superstars, but they are always competetive.  

The more conventional guys like Gorman, Jordan Walker, Ivan Herrera, and Mason Wynn really impress me. I also wonder all the time how Oscar Taveras' career would have went too, to make things more serious/sad.