2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Doesn’t have to be a dome. Get a retractable. Simple. 

For the new stadiums, of course.  You don't touch Wrigley or Fenway with that nonsense, though.  Just schedule games at least the first week in southern cities or in cities with domes.  It's not hard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

For the new stadiums, of course.  You don't touch Wrigley or Fenway with that nonsense, though.  Just schedule games at least the first week in southern cities or in cities with domes.  It's not hard.

I'm confused. Do you think games are only postponed in these stadiums in the first week of the season?

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I'm confused. Do you think games are only postponed in these stadiums in the first week of the season?

Yes that's what he's saying. Make teams from bad weather climates play more southern or western games in the beginning of the season. Games in the northeast in April are setup for failure and the historic stadiums should never be altered in anyway 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

A rainout in June is part of baseball.  Just play a doubleheader the next day when it's not raining.  A miserable April game in 40 degree weather with mixed rain/snow is a completely different animal; especially since the weather is almost sure to be the same for a week.

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Solid deal for a 3 win SS entering his prime. 

Yeah, that's a reasonable deal for sure.  Even if the bat goes back to being below league average, his glove is good enough to keep the value in the black.

31 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

On the assumption that this is actually 7 new years and $215.5 million (he's making $17 million this year), that seems like a solid deal for Judge. 

Yep. Stupid not to take it. I doubt he gets much more on the open market. Why risk so much money to maybe make a little bit more? A big injury or a bad year would make him lose way more than he could ever gain. 

Unless he just out of NY. That’s the only way this makes sense to me. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan