2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

18 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Thr league needs to have an immediate ejection rule if you hit someone shoulders or higher. Enough is enough. This is ABSURD.

There is not requirement for a warning. An umpire has always been allowed to eject a guy for intentionally throwing at batter without one. It is only convention that they don't. If you are saying an ejection even if not intentional then I completely disagree.

18 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm sorry 4 HBP on 12 innings that's on purpose and there needs to be rules to prevent this from happening anymore. Someone is going to get SERIOUSLY HURT

I didn't see the first game, but I don't think the Lindor one was even close to intentional. Supposedly the baseballs have changed and when you add the change from last year regarding foreign substances I've heard a number of people say that pitchers are having a hard time adjusting to gripping the ball. Even if that isn't true though it doesn't follow logically that since there was 4 it must be intentional.

As for rules I've said in the past I think the penalties should be higher if it was intentional. I just don't see that, at least in the Lindor one

15 hours ago, mse326 said:

There is not requirement for a warning. An umpire has always been allowed to eject a guy for intentionally throwing at batter without one. It is only convention that they don't. If you are saying an ejection even if not intentional then I completely disagree.

I didn't see the first game, but I don't think the Lindor one was even close to intentional. Supposedly the baseballs have changed and when you add the change from last year regarding foreign substances I've heard a number of people say that pitchers are having a hard time adjusting to gripping the ball. Even if that isn't true though it doesn't follow logically that since there was 4 it must be intentional.

As for rules I've said in the past I think the penalties should be higher if it was intentional. I just don't see that, at least in the Lindor one

I didn't see the 4th one. The  two were from Maldy definitely from a very young guy who throws hard and had control issues. Knowing Davey for a couple years as well, I'm going to 100% guess it was not intentional at all. Especially with the new baseballs.