47 members have voted

1. 1. Which big has the highest upside?

Most upside (injury concern included):

1. KP

2. Towns

3. Jokic

4. Simmons

5. Embiid

I'd consider Towns one due to my concerns over KP's freakish body and staying healthy. He's been healthy so far so hopefully that continues. I need to see more Simmons, but would understand him being 3. Embiid at 5 due to the fact that I don't see him staying healthy consistently. 

Twitter really is exhausting with this topic though. All of these players are fantastic, I love watching all of them, and we can appreciate all of them without crapping on the other dudes lol 

I had a whole response typed out breaking down why the answer was Embiid...only to see Simmons on the poll after the fact.

I'd go:

Simmons-seems like a surefire best player in the league type guy with very correctable weaknesses

Embiid-injuries

Towns-probably the most offensively gifted, terrible defender

Porzingis-most well rounded, just think the others are more talented

Jokic-most limited physically, seems to have the most to overcome to be a top guy

Going to be interesting to see if he will ever be able to consistently play 34-36 minutes a game. He has a tendency to get in foul trouble in limited minutes so that will have to change if he is play big minutes. But yeah, if he could ever play in that range, he will be averaging something like 26/13/4 while also being one of the best defenders in the game. 76ers have two guys who could be top 5 in the league in a couple of years. Warriors-esque.....

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Embiid has DPOY upside if he's not already there plus he's a 20/10 guy in limited minutes.  If he's healthy going forward it's Embiid followed by Porzingis.  

I saw a stat that said Philly was a top 5 defense when he played last season and ranked 29th or 30th without him. Considering they are #2 right now in opponents FG% that seems to have carried over.

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Embiid has DPOY upside if he's not already there plus he's a 20/10 guy in limited minutes.  If he's healthy going forward it's Embiid followed by Porzingis.  

Here's the thing.....the history of big men and injuries is terrible. So really him being "healthy" going forward is unlikely based on the precedent. Obviously anything is possible, but it's kind of a huge jump to assume Embiid is going to be healthy. The reality is that he hasn't been and it would be abnormal if he was moving forward.

Simmons is more Giannis or LeBron than these guys. Although Jokic is a C/PG like Simmons and Giannis are Wing/PGs 

Archived