Towns, Simmons, Porzingis, Embiid, Jokic

Darkness

Towns, Simmons, Porzingis, Jokic, Embiid  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which big has the highest upside?

I will say having Jokic below these guys bc of the athleticism and defense factor is totally fair. But I think it's possible that he will be better offensively than any of these guys become on either side of the ball besides maybe Embiid defensively. He's that special offensively. But his upside as a complete player is less than KP's and KAT's due to the athleticism.

The goal for Jokic defensively, and keep in mind he has a super high bball IQ and quick hands, is to bulk up a little and become a Marc Gasol type defender. We'll see because as of now he carries such a huge load on offense and he doesn't really have the stamina to be good defensively. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I will say having Jokic below these guys bc of the athleticism and defense factor is totally fair. But I think it's possible that he will be better offensively than any of these guys become on either side of the ball besides maybe Embiid defensively. He's that special offensively. But his upside as a complete player is less than KP's and KAT's due to the athleticism.

The goal for Jokic defensively, and keep in mind he has a super high bball IQ and quick hands, is to bulk up a little and become a Marc Gasol type defender. We'll see because as of now he carries such a huge load on offense and he doesn't really have the stamina to be good defensively. 

I don't think anyone would be shocked if he ended up the best player of the group, this is strictly based on potential.

Man this tough. I think I have to go in this order:

1. KP
2. Simmons
3. KAT
4. Embiid
5. Jokic

KP is just unreal to start this season, imagine if he plays like this every year. I don't think anyone on the list can touch that. I really like what I see from Simmons, dude has been amazing. I'll be honest, I haven't watched KAT too much this year but last year he seemed to not care about defense. Embiid would be higher but his injuries are concerning. I love Jokic but like most said he's got the least potential but he's a baller and could be a Gasol type of player (please!!).

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

Man this tough. I think I have to go in this order:

1. KP
2. Simmons
3. KAT
4. Embiid
5. Jokic

KP is just unreal to start this season, imagine if he plays like this every year. I don't think anyone on the list can touch that. I really like what I see from Simmons, dude has been amazing. I'll be honest, I haven't watched KAT too much this year but last year he seemed to not care about defense. Embiid would be higher but his injuries are concerning. I love Jokic but like most said he's got the least potential but he's a baller and could be a Gasol type of player (please!!).

Damn dude Jokic's upside is way higher than Gasol's smh 

2 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Sure, but DPOY Gasol was legit. Can Jokic get to that defensively?

Probably not. I love Gasol. I just think Jokic is already a better offensive player and will be a unique force on offense in a bigger way than previous passing centers. 

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Probably not. I love Gasol. I just think Jokic is already a better offensive player and will be a unique force on offense in a bigger way than previous passing centers. 

I would agree with that. I hope Jokic can be as clutch as Gasol, dude is always getting a key rebound, block, steal or hitting a tough shot. Let's hope Jokic can get on that level of clutchness and defensiveness.

What you guys don't get is that Towns has been putting up KP numbers since his rookie year basically. But because KP is off to this hot 10 game start he's Dirk morphed into Dikembe? Gtfo, that's some bs. Towns has been the best player by far since day one. 

Archived