Towns, Simmons, Porzingis, Embiid, Jokic

Darkness

Towns, Simmons, Porzingis, Jokic, Embiid  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which big has the highest upside?

10 hours ago, El ramster said:

What you guys don't get is that Towns has been putting up KP numbers since his rookie year basically. But because KP is off to this hot 10 game start he's Dirk morphed into Dikembe? Gtfo, that's some bs. Towns has been the best player by far since day one. 

Except KP is a defensive monster. I take KP offensive and defensive game over Town any day.

10 hours ago, champ11 said:

there probably needs to be more Simmons hype lmao that dude is unreal. wow 

I agree, he is something else, but I think he's way out of place in these comparisons. Porzingis, Towns, Embiid, Jokic? They're bigs. All comparable in size and skillset. They've each got some wing player traits that make them "unicorns" and special talents, but there is no mistaking they are 5/4s on the court. They are big men with certain guard skills. Simmons is a guard with a big man's body. 

On 11/10/2017 at 8:16 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I agree, he is something else, but I think he's way out of place in these comparisons. Porzingis, Towns, Embiid, Jokic? They're bigs. All comparable in size and skillset. They've each got some wing player traits that make them "unicorns" and special talents, but there is no mistaking they are 5/4s on the court. They are big men with certain guard skills. Simmons is a guard with a big man's body. 

Simmons is huge. Just because he has a unique skillset doesn't mean his upside can't be compared to other big's upsides. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, Darkness said:

Simmons is huge. Just because he has a unique skillset doesn't mean his upside can't be compared to other big's upsides. 

It can be, but Simmons has waaaaaaay better handles and a different mindset. For pure upside I think his is the highest. For realistic, gotta think KP.

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well the post happened at the beginning of the year when Kristaps was playing out of his mind. 

Poll asked about upside, and nothing as of today has cemented anything considering all of these guys still have so much basketball to play. Which is double hilarity of rammy attempting to pat himself on the back as if something has been proven after 5 months asking about guys in their early 20s and their potential lmfao

Otherwise we can just compare stats and rank based on that.

Archived