New Annual NFL VR game coming

rob_shadows

On 3/23/2022 at 9:37 PM, rob_shadows said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/nfl-announces-official-annual-vr-football-game

Who knows what this ends up looking like but I'm at least intrigued by the idea...seems like it'll likely be a while until we really see any detail about it though. 

I'm guessing it is just a passing simulator, with maybe some other minigames. Playing RB/WR/Defense with full speed motion would be way too disorienting 

29 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm guessing it is just a passing simulator, with maybe some other minigames. Playing RB/WR/Defense with full speed motion would be way too disorienting 

There ids a game called 2MD football that I play on the Quest once every few months. It is really fun and they keep adding to it, but it's just passing. When you move around you can get pretty dizzy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Ok so it's basically exactly what you see in the commercials, but the graphics aren't quite as good. Straight QB simulator, you stand on the sidelines on defense and on offense the coach calls in the play to your war and wristband.. apparently you can scramble and move in tbe pocket but I haven't seen much reason to. The passing mechanics do work quite well, you can laser one through a tight window or do a moon ball to the corner and basically everything else in between. There are running plays, even a read option got called but running in the game is awkward (just pump your arms up and down) I will get some run out of this game because I already enjoy it a lot more than a game of madden, but again that's not saying much. Feel like this could be way more immersive if the graphics were up to par with the console games.

I would 1000% NOT buy a quest 2 just for this game, and even the $30 price tag is probably too high. But we got Beat Sabre for free so I look at it as I got em both for 30 and it feels like value 😂  

• Like 2