Justice League

Acgott

6 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The Lex Luthor thing could definitely be fixed without going the Flashpoint route. All that has to happen is Alexander's father (Lex Sr.) gets involved. Easiest fix ever.

Exactly, it was made obvious that he was Lex Jr. It seemed like "dad" was talked about too much for him to not be in the plans going forward.

HZ, I dont deny that those bad things were part of the films, but it seems like you are completely stuck on them and ruined the films for you. For most people that wasnt the case. You can still have fun and enjoy these while also saying this was garbage over here, and why was that even included (People do it all the time with Marvel Movies but pretend they dont)

If there werent the Face Tattos, Joker would have just been an Odd choice. But because of those people loos their minds over his depiction. Gangland (or street pimp as some like to call it) Joker is a legitimate take on him. And if you tone down some of the over the top mannerisms, write them off as he was too incensed as he was going after Harley, and just get rid of the 'Damaged' tattoo (dont even explain it, just get rid of it) and he is easily salvageable. This much off the deep end joker is also the perfect reasoning for the Batman who kills.

You do have to forget alot of the previous films if you go Flashpoint, they dont happen the same, you would have to build an all new history of the Universe. Thats the whole point, they dont just look different. If you are going to replace an actor, that character has to have an altered origin story also.

I understand the Age thing, but do you really think this is all going to go more than 10/12 years without shifting focus? its exactly the timing of the MCU, we are already going away from Iron Man, we will likely no longer see the original Cap, Thor and maybe even Iron Man post Infinity War pt 2. The only thing that Afleck's age is hindering would be is Reeves really wants to do a Trilogy starting with year one. But that throws a whole wrench in the current DCEU timeline anyway, because if he goes that far back, the actor isnt likely believable as 24 year old Batman in that trilogy and the Old Man grizzled Bruce in the Justice League timeline. (hey guess what, you could do both, and have Batfleck be recounting the story, sure its alittle cheesy, but it could be done well in the right noir style)

Point being here, there are other options to do this than the lame shortcut that Flashpoint represents.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You do have to forget alot of the previous films if you go Flashpoint, they dont happen the same, you would have to build an all new history of the Universe. Thats the whole point, they dont just look different. If you are going to replace an actor, that character has to have an altered origin story also.

Maybe this isn't the point you're making, but Flashpoint doesn't have to change anything. I believe everything goes back to normal in the animated film. Any range of complete change to no change could be possible after Flashpoint.

7 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Maybe this isn't the point you're making, but Flashpoint doesn't have to change anything. I believe everything goes back to normal in the animated film. Any range of complete change to no change could be possible after Flashpoint.

Oh, completely agree. It can be a nice stand alone that if Barry goes back and fixes everything that the current DCEU is unchanged.

But many are using this as the basis that we would get a New Batman, maybe a different Joker, and even other characters coming out of the movie into the rest of the DCEU. That would mean Barry changed things, that they are different than the other timeline, and that would mean maybe not crazy different origins (Thomas Wayne as Batman) but slightly altered, and everything he touched, BvS, SS & JL at the very least, would have to be different (rendering those films useless in the timeline)

Man of Steel was pretty good outside of the dialogue IMO.    BvS had some good points, but Lex and pretty much everything involving Doomsday really puts a damper on the movie and the universe as a whole (mainly because they wasted the Death of Superman angle).   Suicide Squad was pretty awful IMO.

However, those movies were before Geoff Johns got heavily involved, so we will see what happens with Justice League and then go from there.    Wonder Woman was huge for DC and if JL is at least good, things could be back on track....especially if they can get Flash going and find a good director for a Man of Steel sequel....and perhaps replace Zack Snyder long term, although I doubt it.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Man of Steel was pretty good outside of the dialogue IMO.    BvS had some good points, but Lex and pretty much everything involving Doomsday really puts a damper on the movie and the universe as a whole (mainly because they wasted the Death of Superman angle).   Suicide Squad was pretty awful IMO.

However, those movies were before Geoff Johns got heavily involved, so we will see what happens with Justice League and then go from there.    Wonder Woman was huge for DC and if JL is at least good, things could be back on track....especially if they can get Flash going and find a good director for a Man of Steel sequel....and perhaps replace Zack Snyder long term, although I doubt it.

I love Man of Steel.  It's not a perfect movie, but I completely respect Snyder's vision and feel he did a great job with trying to tell a compelling Superman story.  Easily the best and most enjoyable Superman movie that's been made IMO.

BvS is also not perfect, and it's easily a step or two down from Man of Steel, but it asked and answered some good questions about how we'd react to superheroes in our world.  The DIrector's Cut is so much better than the theatrical release (while still not being very good though) that I'm shocked the studio decided to not release it in theaters.  I get they wanted a lower run time for more showings, but 2 of the 3 most successful movies ever averaged 3 hours in length (Avatar a little under and Titanic a little over).  It hurt the reputation too much to sacrifice those 30 minutes.

It's already been reported that Snyder will not have as much creative control as he used to.  Snyder is getting phased out.

On a side note...how do people feel about Aquaman's personality?  I'm honestly not liking it based on the trailers.

Man of Steel is one of the first movies I ever watched where I was dying for it to end

Like, it was painful

Although MoS, Suicide Squad, & BvS are all awful, I don't think they should reboot

Just continue to get better

I love Affleck as Batman

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

On a side note...how do people feel about Aquaman's personality?  I'm honestly not liking it based on the trailers.

I said it earlier, but I was hoping for a barbarian not a rock n roller 

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not really super attached to a persona for the character, so I don't have a ton of baggage.
I agree with @Acgott I'd like more barbarian warrior than cool guy.

I think it's a bit much, but I'm hoping he's a little more balanced and deep as a character.
Right now he's super one note. 

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I think they are trying to make him more fun, but I wanted  a more traditional Aquaman....one who is more serious and torn between the people of Atlantis and the "surface dwellers".

In fairness, we actually havent seen much of him yet so he could still be that character, but he does have that 80s rock n' roll vibe to him with his "Allllriiight" and "YEEEAHHH" stuff, which doesnt bother me, but seems somewhat odd. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think they are trying to make him more fun, but I wanted  a more traditional Aquaman....one who is more serious and torn between the people of Atlantis and the "surface dwellers".

In fairness, we actually havent seen much of him yet so he could still be that character, but he does have that 80s rock n' roll vibe to him with his "Allllriiight" and "YEEEAHHH" stuff, which doesnt bother me, but seems somewhat odd. 

agreed.

I'm getting the vibe that hes not the king of Atlantis yet. He came off as a normal bro who just happens to have cool water powers. 

5 hours ago, CrashMan510 said:

agreed.

I'm getting the vibe that hes not the king of Atlantis yet. He came off as a normal bro who just happens to have cool water powers. 

Quite possible.

I love Mamoa and Ive never been attached enough to any version of Aquaman for me to really care about some minor changes to his personality.   If it were Batman going around saying "YEEAHH" and "ALLLRIIIIGHT", I would take serious issue with it, but lets be real....for a long time, Aquaman was never taken that seriously by anyone outside of hardcore comic fans, and he still isnt really widely known to most casual fans outside of name alone.   I think they are trying to make him appeal to a broader audience.   I could do without the rocker bro stuff, but those changes MIGHT be in response to many claiming the DCEU was taking itself way too seriously, and thus, are trying to overcompensate by adding perhaps TOO much levity to a character who doesnt really need it.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, seminoles1 said:

I'm undecided, thus far. My response to it will depend a little on where he is in his character development. If this is King of Atlantis Aquaman, it's at least a little weird. If it's earlier than that, where (to his knowledge) he's basically just a guy with powers raised in a lighthouse that's just out there protecting fishing villages or something, it doesn't really bother me. I don't feel like Aquaman's personality has ever been super important to the character. Granted I'm also not an Aquaman fan, or anything. But just about everything I've read or seen him in, he's ranged from boring to just kind of being a pompous ***, so a break from that for a JL movie might not be a bad idea.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/dc-comics-on-film_JUSTICE-LEAGUE_news_Cyborg-reshoots-IGN_8-11-17.html

I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark.

I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed “unwatchable.” Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered.

Archived