Johnny’s 4 round w/ trades

Johnny Nix

15 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

For those getting caught up in Trades, I apologize as I definitely didn’t make them clear enough and will do a better job in the future. I tried to go one pick at a time and think of what each team would do.

Fair enough it was sorta confusing my friend lol.  Although you gotta admit even yourself the Falcons giving up so much in value to trade up with as bad off on talent as our roster is already would be massively hurting the team even more.   It would be almost screwing over the QB we traded up for because now he is set up to fail even more because he has no help around him.  A rookie QB needs as much help as he can get to succeed not making it even harder for him to with such a barren roster.  I could see a team already built to help him do well like the Steelers, Eagles, Saints, and like the 49ers from last year moving up.  Their team has quite a bit of talent already.  The Falcons roster is ROUGH right now and is gonna make it that much harder for willis or any QB to succeed by giving up even more picks and talent.

Edited by FalconFan13

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Fair enough it was sorta confusing my friend lol.  Although you gotta admit even yourself the Falcons giving up so much in value to trade up with as bad off on talent as our roster is already would be massively hurting the team even more.   It would be almost screwing over the QB we traded up for because now he is set up to fail even more because he has no help around him.  A rookie QB needs as much help as he can get to succeed not making it even harder for him to with such a barren roster.  I could see a team already built to help him do well like the Steelers, Eagles, Saints, and like the 49ers from last year moving up.  Their team has quite a bit of talent already.  The Falcons roster is ROUGH right now and is gonna make it hard for willis or any QB to succeed.

I definitely don’t think it would be smart. We just see trades like this happen all the time where an organization goes all in for “their guy”. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but as a fan I could see why you would hate it. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I definitely don’t think it would be smart. We just see trades like this happen all the time where an organization goes all in for “their guy”. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but as a fan I could see why you would hate it. 

Where as i can agree it does happen i also think it's those same teams that stay at the bottom of the league lol.  But i also think it usually happens for a QB that is considered a legit #1 can't miss QB in a strong class.  This class at face value is considered a super weak class at QB and most people struggle to even think any of the QB's in this class are top 10 worthy.  They have to almost force and talk themselves into it everytime.  

You know i'll even say this if this was the same Falcons team that had Julio, Ridley, Sanu etc... from a few years back i would probably be all for going up and getting a QB giving up some picks to do so.  Just because i know the talent level of players on the field on offense could help him do well.

Edited by FalconFan13

I like Rosenthal but an OT for our first pick unless he wins the RG starting spot is not really a need picks. One of those CB you have going shortly after him would be better. Could also see an Edge or RB taken there. Like the S in the 4th though. Personally DB is our top need.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, Louis Friend said:

Trade down- I hope Lions got more than a 4th to move down. 

#5- Thibodeaux=awesome at #5 for the Lions.

#32-Drake London- My top WR in this draft for the Lions. Love it.

#34- McDuffie- not a fan, but whatever.

#66- Brisker= amazing!!

#97- Leo Chanel= great pick for the Lions

#114- Carson Strong- not a fan, but better than Boyle or Blough as a backup to Goff. 

McDuffie is likely a top 10-15 pick so I am all about him at 34.  I'd probably take him over London at 32. 

I agree with the rest of your assessments though.  And I am guessing we got at least a 2023 first and 2nd in that trade. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:43 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

McDuffie is likely a top 10-15 pick so I am all about him at 34.  I'd probably take him over London at 32. 

I agree with the rest of your assessments though.  And I am guessing we got at least a 2023 first and 2nd in that trade. 

IMO, McDuffie is a second round pick. He's no where near top 10 for me. 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, Louis Friend said:

Trade down- I hope Lions got more than a 4th to move down. 

#5- Thibodeaux=awesome at #5 for the Lions.

#32-Drake London- My top WR in this draft for the Lions. Love it.

#34- McDuffie- not a fan, but whatever.

#66- Brisker= amazing!!

#97- Leo Chanel= great pick for the Lions

#114- Carson Strong- not a fan, but better than Boyle or Blough as a backup to Goff. 

Similar thoughts across the board. Would want to see the compensation for the trade down. 

• 2 weeks later...