Bears sign Trevor Siemian

Heinz D.

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-saints-qb-trevor-siemian-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-bears

There's a thread on this in News...but I don't feel like responding to pretty much any of the posts in it.

The link up there has the contract at 2yrs/$4 mil, with the potential for $5 mil. I actually saw another article that had a better breakdown of the terms, but didn't bookmark it, and now can't find it. 🙄

An interesting move by Poles, for sure. And one which I think guarantees he drafts or signs a rookie, even if it is to just stash him on the practice squad. It also almost certainly means that they're going to able to trade Foles. It would be hilarious if they sent him to Pittsburgh to back up Trubisky.

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

For Foles, I'v seen people say Jaguars becuse of Peaderson being there now. Can't see Foles wanting to go back there but I'd take that WR there rumored to be looking to trade.

I can see Pederson wanting Foles. And the Jags have a ton of late round picks, too. 

Which WR are you talking about? Some guy on the Jags? Don't think I've heard that. That's an intriguing possibility. 

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I can see Pederson wanting Foles. And the Jags have a ton of late round picks, too. 

Which WR are you talking about? Some guy on the Jags? Don't think I've heard that. That's an intriguing possibility. 

Laviska Shenault?

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hopefully he is only in if we (somehow)are late in a game with a big lead.

At least he isn't getting paid $6+ mil to he a back up. That's the primary positive of this for me.

That's help a lot, yeah. And is a more traditional way of going about doing things. 

I don't think anything we've seen from Foles in a Bears uniform would place him any higher than Siemian, in my mind. And I was a fan of the trade (although recognized it for what it was). 

But I think Foles is gone, and they'll draft/sign/pilfer a kid to be third string. So if something really bad happens to Fields, at least there's some hope that there's an upside QB around. 

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's help a lot, yeah. And is a more traditional way of going about doing things. 

I don't think anything we've seen from Foles in a Bears uniform would place him any higher than Siemian, in my mind. And I was a fan of the trade (although recognized it for what it was). 

But I think Foles is gone, and they'll draft/sign/pilfer a kid to be third string. So if something really bad happens to Fields, at least there's some hope that there's an upside QB around. 

Obligatory RG3 mention...

Look. Last year he didn't practice and had ZERO injuries. So we don't have him practice and he becomes thr QB3. Seems like a plan, right? Lol

• Like 1