Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

False Rumor: Ben McAdoo to be fired, Spags to take over as interim?

Recommended Posts

Not sure about shortly but if Mcadoo loses to an 0-9 team and has another ummm.... moment. That an awfully long flight  back to New York for Mara to have to be on the same plane with his losing coach. Anything might be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will happen, but that is certainly not a reliable source. I wish I had "sources" crawl into my DMs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we have a few more week on the McAdoo Train!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no chance he was getting fired in the midst of the season. I actually they give him another season. We don't fall to public pressure. My guess is that they'll try and get a pulse of the locker room and they feel that players don't wanna play under him then it'll likely force them to break tradition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

There was no chance he was getting fired in the midst of the season. I actually they give him another season. We don't fall to public pressure. My guess is that they'll try and get a pulse of the locker room and they feel that players don't wanna play under him then it'll likely force them to break tradition 

If the Giants can finish strong, he may be able to save his job. A top 5 pick and that is a deal breaker. McAdoo was hired as HC to save the end of Eli's career and the offense. He has failed miserably. On top of that the Giants are getting blown out at home and to defeated teams. He has handled the team poorly in all aspects. There isn't a single positive to take from when he became coach except he made the playoffs in his first year. Everything else has been a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Acgott said:

If the Giants can finish strong, he may be able to save his job. A top 5 pick and that is a deal breaker. McAdoo was hired as HC to save the end of Eli's career and the offense. He has failed miserably. On top of that the Giants are getting blown out at home and to defeated teams. He has handled the team poorly in all aspects. There isn't a single positive to take from when he became coach except he made the playoffs in his first year. Everything else has been a disaster.

He's staying, you guys actually think the Giants are interested in what we have to say? Mara and Tisch don't bow to public pressure. They're gonna look at this season from their perspective, not ours and they're armed with more info than us. Secondly he did help "save his career" as shown by 2014 and 2015 unfortunately that coincided with a bad defense. These past two years particularly last year the offense has been horrible. But I'll give him some pass for that because of the o-line which has crippled this offense. How he has handled the team or whether he has lost the locker room or whatever is just useless talking because it's a thing people go to when things are bad. The Giants will give him another year even as horrific as this season has been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

He's staying, you guys actually think the Giants are interested in what we have to say? Mara and Tisch don't bow to public pressure. They're gonna look at this season from their perspective, not ours and they're armed with more info than us. Secondly he did help "save his career" as shown by 2014 and 2015 unfortunately that coincided with a bad defense. These past two years particularly last year the offense has been horrible. But I'll give him some pass for that because of the o-line which has crippled this offense. How he has handled the team or whether he has lost the locker room or whatever is just useless talking because it's a thing people go to when things are bad. The Giants will give him another year even as horrific as this season has been. 

This isn't public pressure at all. This is results. McAdoo hasn't done a single thing outside of the defense playing amazingly last year. He has failed with the media. He can't even answer a basic question such as "What did you say to your team at halftime?" He has failed with the players. He has no redeeming qualities. Why would Mara give him another year when he has shown nothing. He was always a band-aid for a broken foot. It held for a season before it collapsed. A new era is upon us. A fresh start will be needed for all. If we looked competitive or there was any quality then he could fight for another year. That isn't the case. Its a complete and utter meltdown in all aspects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This isn't public pressure at all. This is results. McAdoo hasn't done a single thing outside of the defense playing amazingly last year. He has failed with the media. He can't even answer a basic question such as "What did you say to your team at halftime?" He has failed with the players. He has no redeeming qualities. Why would Mara give him another year when he has shown nothing. He was always a band-aid for a broken foot. It held for a season before it collapsed. A new era is upon us. A fresh start will be needed for all. If we looked competitive or there was any quality then he could fight for another year. That isn't the case. Its a complete and utter meltdown in all aspects.

It is absolutely is public pressure. From every angle people are calling for his job because we are having a shambolc season which is coming after a 11 win season. Results are bad this season, yes. It's one season, the owners are going to take that into account and look at all the reasons as to why this season has happened coming off an 11 win season. Yeah he has not looked comfortable with media this year, that's is the least of our problems if it is one. So there are some reasons why they'd give him another season. They have more info than us so if he stays for another year so be it. He's been a HC two years. Not 4 or 5. Everybody in the organisation is responsible, not just the HC. He's shown nothing, then why not fire him last year? Because honestly, we complained about the offense last year but we didn't point the finger at him. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kip Smithers said:

It is absolutely is public pressure. From every angle people are calling for his job because we are having a shambolc season which is coming after a 11 win season. Results are bad this season, yes. It's one season, the owners are going to take that into account and look at all the reasons as to why this season has happened coming off an 11 win season. Yeah he has not looked comfortable with media this year, that's is the least of our problems if it is one. So there are some reasons why they'd give him another season. They have more info than us so if he stays for another year so be it. He's been a HC two years. Not 4 or 5. Everybody in the organisation is responsible, not just the HC. 

Yes it is everyone's responsibility for the disaster. Which is why McAdoo's staff and Reese's staff will be shown the door. What are some of these reasons why McAdoo should be kept for another year?

This is going to be a top 5 worst record of All time. Over 90 years of teams. A very strong chance it is our worst of all time. There is no coming back from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Yes it is everyone's responsibility for the disaster. Which is why McAdoo's staff and Reese's staff will be shown the door. What are some of these reasons why McAdoo should be kept for another year?

This is going to be a top 5 worst record of All time. Over 90 years of teams. A very strong chance it is our worst of all time. There is no coming back from that.

Maybe they will or maybe they won't. They're not gonna look at this situation through your prism. If they did these guys would be gone by now. The offense is missing key players, the defense has regressed big time, the o-line has not allowed him to put out a serviceable offense, it's his second year in coaching not even on this team I'm talking ever. You can't make a fair assessment off two seasons. You can't, especially in this random sport

Here's the thing, very few teams are consistent year in year out. We just came off an 11 win season. And now we will have a top 5 pick. It just shows that for most teams each season is different from the next. You have teams like the Rams, Saints, Titans, Jags, in playoff contention. So say we get a new coach and then there is marginal improvement, next year. Fire that coach as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping that the Giant brass release Jerry Reese and Ben McAdoo.

Was pissed off when he drafted Erik Flowers, really expected him to be playing RT by now, as I did not see Flowers as being the left tackle type.  Not sure where the love for this guy is coming from, but the majority of the tackles drafted in the first round that year have been busts at least the other teams are willing to admit to their mistakes and moved on.  If they had, things might look completely different at this point in the season.

I put blame on Reese for not correcting the known issues with the offensive line and running game issues.  These issues were here when Coughlin coached outside of the Brandon Jacob years and is still present with McAdoo.  

It'll be interesting to see what the team does in free agency, according to overthecap.com Justin Pugh, DJ Fluker, Weston Richburg, Brett Jones and Jon Halapio are free agents.

Player Pos. 2017 Team 2018 Team Type Current APY Guarantees
Shane Vereen RB Giants   UFA $4,116,667 $4,750,000
Justin Pugh LG Giants   UFA $3,433,380 $16,727,128
Keenan Robinson 43OLB Giants   UFA $3,000,000 $2,000,000
DJ Fluker RG Giants   UFA $3,000,000 $1,500,000
Jonathan Casillas 43OLB Giants   UFA $2,666,667 $2,975,000
Kerry Wynn 43DE Giants   UFA $1,797,000 $0
Weston Richburg C Giants   UFA $1,219,337 $2,928,861
Geno Smith QB Giants   UFA $1,200,000 $300,000
Orleans Darkwa RB Giants   UFA $1,100,000 $200,000
Ross Cockrell CB Giants   UFA $1,100,000 $100,000
Mark Herzlich 43OLB Giants   UFA $855,000 $80,000
JT Thomas 43OLB Giants   UFA $795,000 $0
Devin Taylor 43DE Giants   UFA $775,000 $0
Corbin Bryant 43DT Giants   UFA $775,000 $0
Kelvin Sheppard ILB Giants   UFA $775,000 $0
Jay Bromley 43DT Giants   UFA $750,969 $643,876
Tavarres King WR Giants   RFA $690,000 $0
Deontae Skinner 43OLB Giants   UFA $615,000 $0
Kevin Norwood WR Giants   UFA $615,000 $0
Nat Berhe S Giants   UFA $603,200 $192,800
Devon Kennard 43OLB Giants   UFA $591,140 $144,560
Robert Thomas 43DT Giants   ERFA $540,000 $0
Brett Jones C Giants   RFA $525,000 $0
Shane Smith RB Giants   ERFA $465,000 $0
Travis Rudolph WR Giants   ERFA $465,000 $0
Curtis Grant ILB Giants   RFA $465,000 $0
Donte Deayon CB Giants   ERFA $465,000 $0
Ed Eagan WR Giants   ERFA $465,000 $0
Jon Halapio LG Giants   UFA $465,000 $0

Good news is the Giants are middle of the road in terms of available cap next season and the only major holes they have are Offensive Line and Running Back.  I do like the new back we got from Clemson, Wayne might turn out to be the starter next season.

I think Ben got pushed into this leadership role too early and perhaps that went to his head.  I personally don't think he'd done enough over the years to be in the coaching position he is now.  I personally, wouldn't be looking to make an offensive coordinator coming off back to back to back 6 - 10 seasons the head coach.  Pre-season showed me the offensive line and running back issues were still present, and you can put this on Reese as well but it wasn't addressed knowing there were issues.  Yet week after week, what looked to be the same game plan was being used.  It wasn't until week 6 against the Broncos that we saw him give up play calling duties.  After the win, I was really hoping that the team might get back on track, since most of their loses were only by a few points, then the point differential increased.  Now, I understand that there are some major players down due to injury and that odds are the defense has been on the field more in these 9 weeks than most have been all season, but still I thought we might stand a chance against the former winless niners.  I don't think that the team is buying into his system, I don't think they are giving 100% and typically the only way to change the players attitudes in this situation is either to start winning games or to bring in a Coughlin type coach.

2 cents.  

  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the players aren't giving 100% and unsurprisingly so then that's not down to McAdoo. Very rarely are players playing for coaches. They play for each other and for themselves. So that narrative of them not playing for McAdoo needs to go away. 

You can say McAdoo shouldn't have been hired in hindsight, but none of this was being said this time last year, heck it was the opposite. Changing coaches isn't gonna make them play harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Maybe they will or maybe they won't. They're not gonna look at this situation through your prism. If they did these guys would be gone by now. The offense is missing key players, the defense has regressed big time, the o-line has not allowed him to put out a serviceable offense, it's his second year in coaching not even on this team I'm talking ever. You can't make a fair assessment off two seasons. You can't, especially in this random sport

Here's the thing, very few teams are consistent year in year out. We just came off an 11 win season. And now we will have a top 5 pick. It just shows that for most teams each season is different from the next. You have teams like the Rams, Saints, Titans, Jags, in playoff contention. So say we get a new coach and then there is marginal improvement, next year. Fire that coach as well? 

Why should the Giants keep McAdoo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Acgott said:

Why should the Giants keep McAdoo?

Because I don't think two seasons is enough to evaluate a coach, especially one who is in his infancy coaching. I think the problems with this team are hard to overcome for any coach. Furthermore I don't see how any new coach is gonna do any noticeably better. This team with the same roster when 11-5. People wanna change coaches and act like that's a cure. It's a horrific SEASON. Notice how I capitalised season. Meaning that next season could be completely different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×