Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

False Rumor: Ben McAdoo to be fired, Spags to take over as interim?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Players don't play for coaches. You don't run a route thinking "alright, this is for you coach". Players play for each other, for their family. Not the coach. The coach matters, I'm talking intangibly where it doesn't really come into play. 

I'm not speaking as if I have inside info. I'm speaking as a rational and emotionless fan. I'm not reactionary. 

Ive quite a few times that if they go  then they go, after all the management are more informed. And I don't point the finger at one person. This is collective. McAdoo, Reese, injuries, Spags, players etc are all at fault. 

I basically just watched the Rams game again and discovered a number of things that will allow you properly evaluate this team. I might do it for other recent games as well. 

Justin Tuck on the reaction in the room when Coughlin told the players he loved them the night before Super Bowl XLVI: And when he said that -- when he told us he loved us -- I think we all looked around that hotel conference room and thought, We're not playing this Super Bowl for the New York Giants, or for ourselves. We're playing this game for coach, and we gotta win this game for coach. We can't disappoint this man.

Player's that have bought into the coaches system and have a greater sense of respect for the man will push themselves beyond what they believe they or their peers are capable of achieving.  This logic is seen everywhere in life, if you respect your employer you'll push yourself.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Justin Tuck on the reaction in the room when Coughlin told the players he loved them the night before Super Bowl XLVI: And when he said that -- when he told us he loved us -- I think we all looked around that hotel conference room and thought, We're not playing this Super Bowl for the New York Giants, or for ourselves. We're playing this game for coach, and we gotta win this game for coach. We can't disappoint this man.

Player's that have bought into the coaches system and have a greater sense of respect for the man will push themselves beyond what they believe they or their peers are capable of achieving.  This logic is seen everywhere in life, if you respect your employer you'll push yourself.

 

 

So let me get this straight, you win 3 games in a row then in the SB it hits them that all of a sudden going to start playing for coaches? Come on. That's typical mythology stuff. It has no bearing on the game and it's not passing through your mind during the course of action. During the course of action you aren't playing for the coach or to rather it has no bearing on the result of a game. I know fans love to buy into the mythology but man that stuff is nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

So let me get this straight, you win 3 games in a row then in the SB it hits them that all of a sudden going to start playing for coaches? Come on. That's typical mythology stuff. It has no bearing on the game and it's not passing through your mind during the course of action. During the course of action you aren't playing for the coach or to rather it has no bearing on the result of a game. I know fans love to buy into the mythology but man that stuff is nothing.

Completely disagree with you Ben, but it's not worth my time trying to explain that the head coach matters.  We're all just crazy to think that our record has anything to do with the GM or coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Completely disagree with you Ben, but it's not worth my time trying to explain that the head coach matters.  We're all just crazy to think that our record has anything to do with the GM or coaching staff.

Strawman alert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Strawman alert.

Find me a player that is still in the league that says, "I do not play for my coach" and I'll consider continuing this senseless debate.

Coaches are motivators, their goal is to push players beyond what they believe they are capable of doing, anything less than that is failure.  Just like training instructors in the service push you to become a better person, to challenge yourself and others, to perfect skills from folding underwear to killin' it must be trained.  

You've taken a comment about "the player's not playing for McAdoo" and have made this discussion about what a "player is thinking when he is running down the field", which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about at all and you know this, nonetheless this is the very definition of a strawman.  

Simple question,  Let's say you work at mcdonald's, you've been coached for weeks and weeks on how to make the perfect burger and a perfect burger you can make, but today isn't like any other day.  Today, your autistic co-worker George called in sick.  George was your relief for the evening.  Your boss has asked you to work a double in place of the absent employee.  Reluctantly you say yes, yet you tell yourself you aren't giving 100% because you're hot, tired and burnt your finger on the frier earlier and it still stings through the band-aid.  Now this performance level decrease you've chosen gives you some satisfaction in that you're getting the boss man back for making you work late after all you had plans to watch, "Any Given Sunday".  This degraded performance continues for a couple hours until at last your manager comes up to you and calls you out for being a slacker, selfish, getting orders wrong and not giving 100%.  You know that on any other day your burger making skills would rival spongebob krabby patty making abilities but it just isn't fair that you've been forced to work two back to back shifts.  

In this story did the manager approach you in a manner that would have motivated you to give 100% regardless how hot, how tired, how sore you were? 

 

 

 

Edited by ny92jefferis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Find me a player that is still in the league that says, "I do not play for my coach" and I'll consider continuing this senseless debate.

Coaches are motivators, their goal is to push players beyond what they believe they are capable of doing, anything less than that is failure.  Just like training instructors in the service push you to become a better person, to challenge yourself and others, to perfect skills from folding underwear to killin' it must be trained.  

You've taken a comment about "the player's not playing for McAdoo" and have made this discussion about what a "player is thinking when he is running down the field", which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about at all and you know this, nonetheless this is the very definition of a strawman.  

Simple question,  Let's say you work at mcdonald's, you've been coached for weeks and weeks on how to make the perfect burger and a perfect burger you can make, but today isn't like any other day.  Today, your autistic co-worker George called in sick.  George was your relief for the evening.  Your boss has asked you to work a double in place of the absent employee.  Reluctantly you say yes, yet you tell yourself you aren't giving 100% because you're hot, tired and burnt your finger on the frier earlier and it still stings through the band-aid.  Now this performance level decrease you've chosen gives you some satisfaction in that you're getting the boss man back for making you work late after all you had plans to watch, "Any Given Sunday".  This degraded performance continues for a couple hours until at last your manager comes up to you and calls you out for being a slacker, selfish, getting orders wrong and not giving 100%.  You know that on any other day your burger making skills would rival spongebob krabby patty making abilities but it just isn't fair that you've been forced to work two back to back shifts.  

In this story did the manager approach you in a manner that would have motivated you to give 100% regardless how hot, how tired, how sore you were? 

 

 

 

Do players claim that they play for coaches? Yeah sure. My whole point is that at the end of the day it has no  bearing on the game at all. None. That's the point. I don't think that even for other people they are playing for matters. So you bringing up a Justin Tuck quote. In the midst of battle and the game it don't matter. Bringing up McDonalds is a poor analogy. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×