False Rumor: Ben McAdoo to be fired, Spags to take over as interim?

.Buzz

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Because I don't think two seasons is enough to evaluate a coach, especially one who is in his infancy coaching. I think the problems with this team are hard to overcome for any coach. Furthermore I don't see how any new coach is gonna do any noticeably better. This team with the same roster when 11-5. People wanna change coaches and act like that's a cure. It's a horrific SEASON. Notice how I capitalised season. Meaning that next season could be completely different. 

Should the Giants keep Reese?

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Not bow to public pressure and evaluate the team in an objective manner. Diagnose the problems and see if they can be fixed with this management. 

Giants will have a top 3 pick in the draft. Are you comfortable continuing with McAdoo and Reese? What should the Giants do with that top 3 pick?

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Trade down and get value. Yes I am comfortable with those to staying on.

How are you comfortable with Reese staying on when he hasn't been able to build a consistent contender over the past 5 years?

15 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

If the players aren't giving 100% and unsurprisingly so then that's not down to McAdoo. Very rarely are players playing for coaches. They play for each other and for themselves. So that narrative of them not playing for McAdoo needs to go away. 

You can say McAdoo shouldn't have been hired in hindsight, but none of this was being said this time last year, heck it was the opposite. Changing coaches isn't gonna make them play harder. 

Disagree.  

Players are playing for the coach, it is expected that they would play for themselves or to help out their teammates but they do adopt the coaches game plan.  You make it sound as if the coach is a meaningless position.

Hindsight, no I wasn't a fan of McAdoo when the better coach in my opinion was ousted.  This guy reminds me of Kevin Killdrive and if I wasn't a fan of him I'm not going to be a fan of Ben McAdon't.  I'm starting to think I'm speaking to Ben McAdoo himself, or at the very least you speak as if you have insider information or your viewpoint is grandeur.

Why are you so hard for keeping this character?  Or why aren't you hitting Jerry Reese?  Surely you must think at least one of these individuals is at fault for this seasons failures, or no?

@Acgott 

imo, Jerry Reese should of went the same day that Coughlin was forced out.

Did Coughlin even want Ben McAdoo or was he forced on Tom?  I don't think Coughlin would ever openly discuss this but it would be nice to know.

Personally, I think Reese's career overall hasn't been horrible but the whole Flowers thing and just really not addressing the offensive line needs over the past few years is cause for alarm and at the very least the organization needs to determine if his errors with bringing in talent is to blame.

Off topic, but with the Giants' standings and providing this streak continues and we end up with a top 5 pick, this draft and free agency could really fix most if not all of their offensive line issues.  Remember, we don't need to find hall of famers just players that are better than what we've got, which shouldn't be that hard to find...haha.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

How are you comfortable with Reese staying on when he hasn't been able to build a consistent contender over the past 5 years?

Because I don't think we are as far off as this record indicates. And I think we have been unfortunate in the process. That said if we get rid of him then so be it. I trust the ownership to make the best decision for this team

4 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Disagree.  

Players are playing for the coach, it is expected that they would play for themselves or to help out their teammates but they do adopt the coaches game plan.  You make it sound as if the coach is a meaningless position.

Hindsight, no I wasn't a fan of McAdoo when the better coach in my opinion was ousted.  This guy reminds me of Kevin Killdrive and if I wasn't a fan of him I'm not going to be a fan of Ben McAdon't.  I'm starting to think I'm speaking to Ben McAdoo himself, or at the very least you speak as if you have insider information or your viewpoint is grandeur.

Why are you so hard for keeping this character?  Or why aren't you hitting Jerry Reese?  Surely you must think at least one of these individuals is at fault for this seasons failures, or no?

Players don't play for coaches. You don't run a route thinking "alright, this is for you coach". Players play for each other, for their family. Not the coach. The coach matters, I'm talking intangibly where it doesn't really come into play. 

I'm not speaking as if I have inside info. I'm speaking as a rational and emotionless fan. I'm not reactionary. 

Ive quite a few times that if they go  then they go, after all the management are more informed. And I don't point the finger at one person. This is collective. McAdoo, Reese, injuries, Spags, players etc are all at fault. 

I basically just watched the Rams game again and discovered a number of things that will allow you properly evaluate this team. I might do it for other recent games as well. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

We've never been in this predicament, so the great compensation should be persuasive enough.

Which predicament?  Having a good pick with the option to trade down?  That's not true at all.  Flowers, OBJ, and Apple we likely all could've traded down (not the players per say but the picks).  Yes, OBJ ended up being a stud but the other two picks could've ended up as multiple players for us.  That said given Reese's track record having more picks likely would've ended up with more players NOT on our starting roster...

Truth is some of the best teams in football have been trading down and amassing picks for years on end.  They're routinely in the playoffs.  Yet here we are heading towards what's likely a truly abysmal time as a franchise.  It sucks.

4 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

Which predicament?  Having a good pick with the option to trade down?  That's not true at all.  Flowers, OBJ, and Apple we likely all could've traded down (not the players per say but the picks).  Yes, OBJ ended up being a stud but the other two picks could've ended up as multiple players for us.  That said given Reese's track record having more picks likely would've ended up with more players NOT on our starting roster...

Truth is some of the best teams in football have been trading down and amassing picks for years on end.  They're routinely in the playoffs.  Yet here we are heading towards what's likely a truly abysmal time as a franchise.  It sucks.

You don't know that those players could've been had if we traded down, first of all. Secondly, the compensation for a top 3 pick is significantly better then that of a top 15 pick. 

Also I would love for you to prove that the teams that correlation. Because Belichick has traded down almost every draft and if you look at those picks he hasn't been nearly as successful as you think.b Also the teams that trade down, do so because they pick late in the first round. Typically there is no drop off in talent from late 1st to early second.

Archived