Who is Your Favorite Non First Round Prospect?

brownie man

I would say mines is Khalil Shakir

I want him for the Browns bad. I think he’s going to be an absolute solid receiver in the league. He’s got crazy hands and great body control. I just see no way he doesn’t produce in the league unless he get injured. 

I believe hes going to be a solid 2/3 receiver in the mold of a Marvin Jones. 

that’s a solid highlight tape if you haven’t seen him play yet. 

• Like 2

Wow, absolute favorite player outside of the 1st? Tough question.

Mine has to be Wan'Dale Robinson for a lot of the same reasons the op is high on Shakir. He's just so dynamic. Played in the SEC so you can't question the level of competition. Made guys miss and gave his O.C. options. 

Also love Jake Ferguson. Think he's a 4th-5th round steal that might not be exciting on draft day but will still be on same team 6 years later filling an important role. I'd be thrilled if Colts got him round 5. Ecstatic!

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I'd be very surprised if he gets out of the 1st, even though he's projected to go later 1st

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

You might be right and I think he is a 1st round caliber.

He’s one of like 5 DTs that I think could go in the late first, just depending on which team likes who slightly better.

A lot of really good DLs with like second round talent imo.

I like Thomas Booker a lot, not sure if I'd call him my favorite outside of the first. He might be though because he almost assuredly isn't a first rounder and I believe in him off the field and his athletic talents on the field.

If Sam Howell misses the first round he'd be a strong contender for me, but I believe he is a top ten pick. I see most have him as early second at this point, some mid-late first and few third/fourth.

Really like Charlie Kolar and Cade Otton especially at where many rank them in day 3. Kolar is the guy I'd pick to pop into top 10 TEs in this class outside of Trey McBride, whereas Otton I view as one of the most balanced TEs in the class. Talking tight ends, I can't remember his name but the athletic freak in Maryland I think he'd be an interesting FB conversion that plays some of that old school wingback role. I also would throw a dart at Kellen Diesch from ASU as a potential TE convert as a blocking TE/swing tackle although he may get drafted earlier as a developmental LT.

Tyler Smith is my favorite likely beyond the first offensive lineman and I view him as a raw discount Ikem Ekwonu that you might be able to get in rounds 2/3 compared to picks 4-15.

Malcolm Rodriguez is intriguing to me at MLB beyond the deep mid-round tier available in this class. Not sure where he is expected to go, but he's a nice swing in the late rounds like 6/7 to me right now.

• Like 1

Utah WR Britain Covey.  He wasn't invited to the combine and might not get drafted but he's a player. He's older and not very big but is pretty quick. He's got some similarities to Cole Beasley or Hunter Renfrow as a slot receiver and is a good kick returner. 

I'll just do my favorite (likely) 3rd round or later prospect at each position. The guys I really want (people in my sig) should all go in the first 2 rounds.

QB Jack Coan
RB Ty Chandler
WR Tre Turner
TE Greg Dulcich
OT Matt Waletzko
OG Dylan Parham
C Cam Jurgens 
DT Matt Butler
EDGE Amare Barno
LB Darrian Beavers
CB Zyon McCollum
S JT Woods
P Araiza obviously, but I'll also add Tommy Heatherly
K No idea

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

Guys that I like more than most:

Ty Chandler, Alec Pierce, Velus Jones, Charlie Kolar, Abraham Lucas, Ed Ingram, Thomas Booker, Dominique Robinson, Alex Wright, Tariq Castro-Fields.

I like Christian Watson, Travis Jones, and Lewis Cine also, but they could go in the first round.

• Like 1