Who is Your Favorite Non First Round Prospect?

brownie man

Tyler Smith-OG/OT right now is my "Draft Day" "Tyler Smith, no matter what" post it note written down for the Bears at 39.  Athletic, and one of the meanest SOBs you'll ever watch on the Field.

Beyond him I'm rooting for Faalale-RT, even if I don't really think he's a fit for my Bears and their outside zone scheme. He had a highlight where he just stiff arm punches a defensive end and crumples him in half like he was a ragdoll, and it was amazing.

Calvin Austin is a dude that's been mentioned a few times here already.... I want to believe, but I've been burned on so many of those shifty/speedy midgets in my years watching the draft.... Tavon Austin, Dri Archer, that umm guy the Eagles drafted to replace Sproles that ended up doing nothing a few years ago... The only one I've been "right" about was Tarik Cohen, but even being a good mismatch weapon, he was  over utilized by Chicago, and exposed a lot of the concerns with a guy that small in the league (though being fair to him, an ACL tear wasn't a size related thing, and his inability to ever recover from acl surgery also wasn't a size thing..... but still being that small and being so dependent on speed/shiftiness does more quickly kill your value, when those specific attributes get taken away)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Tyler Smith-OG/OT right now is my "Draft Day" "Tyler Smith, no matter what" post it note written down for the Bears at 39.  Athletic, and one of the meanest SOBs you'll ever watch on the Field.

I love some Tyler Smith as well, I was hoping that he'd fall to the third but that seems like a pipe dream now. 

• Like 2

Sam Williams, Leo Chenal, Rachaad White, Alec Pierce... and can't forget Zakoby McClain.

He'll need some work but guys who hit like this don't come along every day. (Language in vid NSFW. Kind of like a ball carrier if Zakoby is on the field: not safe.)

Edited by y*so*blu

This is the best topic on this forum. Sick and tired of talking about the top ten and first round picks. Rounds 2 and later fill out the roster and win championships. 

QB Jack Coan

LB Leo Chenal

Edge Cameron Thomas

TE's Jake Fergusson; Charlie Kolar

WR George Pickens

Just now, Skippy said:

This is the best topic on this forum. Sick and tired of talking about the top ten and first round picks. Rounds 2 and later fill out the roster and win championships. 

QB Jack Coan

LB Leo Chenal

Edge Cameron Thomas

WR George Pickens

OMG forgot Matt Araiza punter, how early is too early to draft a kid that I think is HOF material as a punter?

3 hours ago, Skippy said:

QB Jack Coan

LB Leo Chenal

Edge Cameron Thomas

WR George Pickens

Leo Chenal all day. Absolute freak that will be a beast against the run, good blitzer and ok in coverage with upside to be good. Hes a 3 down player with rare, literally rare upper body strength and explosion.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:14 PM, Skippy said:

OMG forgot Matt Araiza punter, how early is too early to draft a kid that I think is HOF material as a punter?

I'll be surprised if he makes it out of Rd 4 TBH. Yes for a Punter! The fact he can do all 3 (Punt/FG/KO) and be your emergency Kicker if a injury/covid/something  popped up last second makes him even more valuable on ST.

Wouldn't shock me in the least if the Rams took him late 3rd to replace Hekker. Not one bit. He's a Monster! 

Yes I'd praise them for taking him too. Decade long answer and absolute game changer.

Edited by Nabbs4u