Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

Okay we all know Devante and Tyreek are amazing players with numbers reflecting playing with the top two QB’s in the NFL. That said FA always jumps the figures throughout the market at each position every year the cap rises. I know what DJ Moore got paid and if I’m running our front office not only do I top that number. But there is a way to properly negotiate contracts. We have been known for being more frugal in recent years. 

That said for whatever blowback this gets but I offer this man 23 per as a starting point. We have debate after debate about which DL is the odd man out because we can’t pay them all. And while it’s def true you can’t give every guy 20 or 30 mil. But for whatever is yet to come for that DL each of them guys only Allen has even approached his ceiling. And even there I think there’s plenty of room to put produce what he’s done. And they all are doing it beside 1st round elite trait guys. Terry does it with nothing. If Terry had 4 1’s around him who knows what he would produce with even top 15 level QB play. This is a no brainer contract for me because this guy is on and off the field exemplifying what you want to reflect your organization. 

In my honest opinion we can go 20-0 this season. If Terry doesn’t have a contract worked with 3plus years guaranteed of a 5 year pact then this FO has to be fired. No questions I’m over the non foresight and vision and learning on the job approach by so called Veteran FO personnel. Even bad teams find a way to lock up guys like Mike Evans in TB in his early years. This is a no question do not low ball. No sneaky language get the man who has brought his lunch pail and boots to work every single day since being a 3rd round pick who’s out worked every pick we’ve made in recent memory.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

My guess based on the current market, You'd see MacLaurin in the range of 25-27 Million on a deal.

That’s probably realistic. But the thing is your either going to pay him or someone else will. Eventually you have to hold your home grown players to build a developed roster. 

Just now, ripsean21 said:

That’s probably realistic. But the thing is your either going to pay him or someone else will. Eventually you have to hold your home grown players to build a developed roster. 

Just saying that if you want to get him locked up now and not pull a Dak. That's likely what you'll have to pony up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just saying that if you want to get him locked up now and not pull a Dak. That's likely what you'll have to pony up.

I just stated 23 as a start. I agree I wouldn’t even allow it to come to that point (Dak). I agree with everything you said I may have even been low balling with the 23z the point is either way I lock this player up.

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I just stated 23 as a start. I agree I wouldn’t even allow it to come to that point (Dak). I agree with everything you said I may have even been low balling with the 23z the point is either way I lock this player up.

I think you're absolutely right. His numbers would be better if y'all had a real QB. 23 could be possible by that metric alone. The guy just seems core player. Pay him. 

• Like 1

I’m thinking slightly more a year than DJ Moore, they are pretty conparable players. The fact Terry doesn’t have a pro bowl in his resume could help keep it lower but…. The argument that he’s done more with less boost his starting point as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Really?  That is crazy money.  Can't spend that much.

But every other team can for theirs? This is why we lose players they get theirs elsewhere then we cry that we can build a roster. Yes this is a crazy number. But so it the numbers the cap is projected to rise too because the Amazon TV deal/ partnership. Pay this man Terry is the only player on this team you do not worry about numbers for.

So he gets $3 mill this year, then something like $42-$43 million for 2 years of Franchise Tags . That's $46 million for 3 years = $15 something million per. I suspect that will be the plan  and take the third rounder.

I'm thinking $110 million 5 years $60-65 guaranteed "might" get it done . He and his agent should consider what happens if he  blows out a knee -breaks a leg etc . Take the money and run ! Still young enough for a HUGE 3rd contract . Bulls make money. Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered .

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So he gets $3 mill this year, then something like $42-$43 million for 2 years of Franchise Tags . That's $46 million for 3 years = $15 something million per. I suspect that will be the plan  and take the third rounder.

I'm thinking $110 million 5 years $60-65 guaranteed "might" get it done . He and his agent should consider what happens if he  blows out a knee -breaks a leg etc . Take the money and run ! Still young enough for a HUGE 3rd contract . Bulls make money. Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered .

That figure is going to go up averaging 30 28.5 and 27 between Tyreek, Davante, and Hopkins. That average figure def went up with this offseason. We have to lock him up and 5- 115 has to be the starting point with 80 guaranteed. This isn’t Kirk stat pad Cousins or a OG. This is our premier player; until Chase clicks but this is about Terry and what he’s already earned.

12 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That figure is going to go up averaging 30 28.5 and 27 between Tyreek, Davante, and Hopkins. That average figure def went up with this offseason. We have to lock him up and 5- 115 has to be the starting point with 80 guaranteed. This isn’t Kirk stat pad Cousins or a OG. This is our premier player; until Chase clicks but this is about Terry and what he’s already earned.

The team has some leverage here though ( unlike the players you named ) cause he's still stuck with year 2022 at $3 measly million .

44 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

The team has some leverage here though ( unlike the players you named ) cause he's still stuck with year 2022 at $3 measly million .

And that too me is the way you handle your guy when you want to continue to not be an attractive destination for veterans and guys behind him looking to produce above their contracts to be rewarded to reach the vision they all have of being a family and realistically chasing what they play the game for. To win a title. We keep forcing our leverage and we’re going to keep forcing the talent we do have onto other rosters. Terry is the man this FO has to break the cycle with. So guys like Holecomb and Curl believe them out producing will be rewarded and noticed as apart of the teams vision. 

19 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And that too me is the way you handle your guy when you want to continue to not be an attractive destination for veterans and guys behind him looking to produce above their contracts to be rewarded to reach the vision they all have of being a family and realistically chasing what they play the game for. To win a title. We keep forcing our leverage and we’re going to keep forcing the talent we do have onto other rosters. Terry is the man this FO has to break the cycle with. So guys like Holecomb and Curl believe them out producing will be rewarded and noticed as apart of the teams vision. 

Can't pay 'em all. Green Bay, K C know that .