Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't pay 'em all. Green Bay, K C know that .

But we aren’t paying anyone but Allen and Wentz!! And sorry Allen plays beside 4 guys drafted in his round. Wentz has done nothing here. Terry is the guy there isn’t even a debate that this guy is our best player, leader, competitor, valued asset. It’s not even debatable. Give Terry a Rogers and Mahomes and just frigen image what his numbers are!!! He’d break every record we have.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't pay 'em all. Green Bay, K C know that .

No. Green Bay was going to pay Adams but he wouldn't re-sign. The Chiefs moved on because they have Pat Mahomes. If they had Garrapolo Hill would have his deal in KC right now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

But every other team can for theirs? This is why we lose players they get theirs elsewhere then we cry that we can build a roster. Yes this is a crazy number. But so it the numbers the cap is projected to rise too because the Amazon TV deal/ partnership. Pay this man Terry is the only player on this team you do not worry about numbers for.

He is not tyreek hill or davante adams. We should absolutely pay him, but appropriately.

48 minutes ago, offbyone said:

He is not tyreek hill or davante adams. We should absolutely pay him, but appropriately.

Are they them without their situations though? Sorry But the WR position requires the most to truely shine. Luckily for us we’ve had the QB situations we have to lock him up off of. Because as I’ve said before if Terry was catching passes from their QB’s do you really not think he’s putting up similar numbers or within 200 yards of those guys?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Are they them without their situations though? Sorry But the WR position requires the most to truely shine. Luckily for us we’ve had the QB situations we have to lock him up off of. Because as I’ve said before if Terry was catching passes from their QB’s do you really not think he’s putting up similar numbers or within 200 yards of those guys?

Well we just committed to Wentz so he isn't getting a Mahomes or Rodgers to throw to him, but no I don't he is quite in their class.  I think Terry is amazing, but those guys have something else.  

There is a vast difference between the top 3-5 WRs pay and top 15 WR pay.  I do think Terry is a top 15 and maybe even top 10 but not top 5.

However, if we are going to overpay a player, this is a player I would do it for and won't be upset.  I would much rather say overpay Terry on a long term deal than for instance spend a good deal of cap franchise tagging a guard 2 years in a row.  (oh wait we already did that)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well we just committed to Wentz so he isn't getting a Mahomes or Rodgers to throw to him, but no I don't he is quite in their class.  I think Terry is amazing, but those guys have something else.  

There is a vast difference between the top 3-5 WRs pay and top 15 WR pay.  I do think Terry is a top 15 and maybe even top 10 but not top 5.

However, if we are going to overpay a player, this is a player I would do it for and won't be upset.  I would much rather say overpay Terry on a long term deal than for instance spend a good deal of cap franchise tagging a guard 2 years in a row.  (oh wait we already did that)

I do think those guys have something else as well. I just think with that level of QB play I think he’s a lot closer then people think. But I do think this is the first year we really start to see just how special he is on a week in and week out basis because Carson isn’t Fitz or any of the backup level players. Is he top 10 no. But Terry has averaged top 25 level QB play throughout his tenure. Carson is closer to 10 then he is to 25. So its atleast consistency. Hopefully Carson can stay healthy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, offbyone said:

I mean, how do we even know what Terry McLaurin is? He’s had Case Keenum, dead leg Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinecke as his QB. For everyone, including Kevin Sheehan who basically said every young receiver is better than Terry, how do you know this?

Even Ryan Tannehill is 100x better than what Terry has had throwing him the ball here. He’s had back to back 1000 yard seasons as the teams only option at receiver. I genuinely believe if he’s a Packer, Seahawk or Chief he’s a top 5 receiver. I mean, the dude is always open and catches nearly everything. He just can’t throw the ball to himself. 

• Like 2

I would assume he should get paid closer to Godwin/Moore/Williams than Adams/Tyreek. The only thing I can really see holding this up is Terry just deciding he does not want to commit and wants to play with Wentz and if he sucks sign to another team with a real QB.

They they think fans don’t show up now!?!? Don’t lock up your fans favorite player and mishandle this contract and Ron could have all the support inside the building but this fanbase will completely drop this FO and honestly I think that would be the end of anyone doing anything with this team until the team is sold. They have to know this after everything theyve botched!!!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, offbyone said:

This is it. 

I love Terry McLaurin. Love. Have on multiple occasions referenced wanting a Terry McLaurin tree topper for my Christmas tree so that I no longer have to choose between a star and an angel. 

That said…I just don’t see a basis for putting him north of $25M. He’s not put up the numbers to get into the conversation with guys like Adams, Hopkins, and (to a lesser extent) Hill. I get the argument that he’s had bad QBs and he may actually be significantly better than the 67 yards/game number he’s put up so far. But how much are we willing to speculate on the amount of difference that better QB play will make? We’re going to pay him $5M more per year than the $20-21M that would be appropriate based on what he’s done to this point, on the hope that he’ll be that much better with Wentz?

For me, something like 4/$85M with $50ishM guaranteed makes plenty of sense for both sides. Especially given a factor that we don’t discuss a lot, which is that Terry is a lot older than the typical high-level 4th-year player. He’s more than 1.5 years older than DJ Moore, for example, despite being drafted a year after him. He will want to leave himself in position to get one more big deal, and we will probably want to give ourselves the option to bail at age 30 if his play is starting to fall off. And if there’s a lot of money in that last year, it would be easy to roll it over and keep him getting paid (with a low cap number) if both parties want to continue the relationship at that time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

This is it. 

I love Terry McLaurin. Love. Have on multiple occasions referenced wanting a Terry McLaurin tree topper for my Christmas tree so that I no longer have to choose between a star and an angel. 

That said…I just don’t see a basis for putting him north of $25M. He’s not put up the numbers to get into the conversation with guys like Adams, Hopkins, and (to a lesser extent) Hill. I get the argument that he’s had bad QBs and he may actually be significantly better than the 67 yards/game number he’s put up so far. But how much are we willing to speculate on the amount of difference that better QB play will make? We’re going to pay him $5M more per year than the $20-21M that would be appropriate based on what he’s done to this point, on the hope that he’ll be that much better with Wentz?

For me, something like 4/$85M with $50ishM guaranteed makes plenty of sense for both sides. Especially given a factor that we don’t discuss a lot, which is that Terry is a lot older than the typical high-level 4th-year player. He’s more than 1.5 years older than DJ Moore, for example, despite being drafted a year after him. He will want to leave himself in position to get one more big deal, and we will probably want to give ourselves the option to bail at age 30 if his play is starting to fall off. And if there’s a lot of money in that last year, it would be easy to roll it over and keep him getting paid (with a low cap number) if both parties want to continue the relationship at that time. 

The age thing is basically the deciding factor for why this is realistically unlike younger guys his one true chance to maximize. That said when your in the business that this team has been in I think overpaying because of the things he’s had to overcome due to QB play and how he has produced is why we’re in a position where we have too. And as a friend I’m just gonna ask. Because That tree topper idea is amazing lol. But would you rather see your team overpay or see him go elsewhere and allow some other fanbase to fall in love with the literal one that got away because honestly I want this guy to be a life long I’m gritting teeth but Commander!!! I’d rather get behind this team name owner and sometimes embarrassing organization atleast most my life and get to enjoy Terry’s whole career then lose this guy!!! I’ve seen Champ traded. Sean tragically gone Trent sour and force himself out I just want to get it right for this one because Terry is a truely special human!!

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

This is it. 

Okay, so say they think like this and draw a line in the sand. If you think things are bad now wait until they have to explain not re-signing the teams most popular player in his prime lol

The people who run the Commanders Twitter thought it would be funny for April fools to say they locked up WR 1 to a long term extension for April fools. These people just do absolutely do not care about this fanbase!!! Honestly I really hope that stadium is empty I think the whole lot of them should be fired!!! Like who does that? You legit can’t even run the business much less you mishandle every player then you joke about the only player y’all lucked into that’s worth having 🤣🤣

• Like 1