Nozzyboi's latest mock draft (March 27 2022) - I LIED!!

nozzyboi

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn’t be upset with Jordan Davis. I’ve been under the impression he’d go before #20. 

He’s great at what he does. I hear he plays 3 technique by draft experts. But all I see him do is lineup from 2 technique to zero technique.

My ideal draft calls for us to trade back and get another top 100 pick. But if this dude gets to around 15, and I thought he could play 3 technique, I’d probably trade up. That’s the only player I think I would do that for if I’m the Steelers. He’s that rare of a prospect imo. Steelers won’t do it imo, but I would. 

1 hour ago, SMashMouthMike said:

He’s great at what he does. I hear he plays 3 technique by draft experts. But all I see him do is lineup from 2 technique to zero technique.

My ideal draft calls for us to trade back and get another top 100 pick. But if this dude gets to around 15, and I thought he could play 3 technique, I’d probably trade up. That’s the only player I think I would do that for if I’m the Steelers. He’s that rare of a prospect imo. Steelers won’t do it imo, but I would. 

Kyle Hamilton might be another. The Steelers keep looking for coverage linebackers and athletic safeties to help cover tight ends. I could see them trading up if he fell into the teens. Although, I don’t think I would. Not sure about him. 

I really do not see us going all offense in round 1.  We had the worst defense in football and our coach has said one way to help the QB out is not putting a pathetic group out there again.

I think it is a very good bet that one of these top EDGE rushers will be a Jet round 1.  I can see a WR being the other pick. 

On 3/27/2022 at 4:46 PM, nozzyboi said:

22. Green Bay Packers (via LVR) - Jermaine Johnson II ED, FSU

28. Green Bay Packers - Treylon Burks WR, Arkansas

Hard to hate these picks, although I'm not sure Green Bay takes a WR in the first round.

If the Lions really wanted Willis that bad, they'd just take him at #2. I don't see them giving up that kind of draft capital to move up to #19. If they take Willis (anywhere) then they're signaling that they're looking at really competing in 2024 (Willis gets 1 year on the bench behind Goff, starts in a redshirt year in 2023 to develop). They'd likely be able to get future compensation at 32 to help them in the 2023 or 2024 draft, if that is the overall game plan. 

If they did take KT at #2 (which would be huge, given the questions about him), the only way they would take Willis in the 1st round IMO is at #32 and that's if he fell. I don't see them trading up to get him and giving up future assets in the process.