GM Mock Draft 2022 Discussion- Draft Underway

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Wrong thread  ;)

Whoops, yes. My boss just called with an assignment while I was looking at players and it went into the wrong thread. Don't you hate it when work interrupts your goofing off while on the clock?

• Like 2

with one round left, in which I own four picks, this is how the Patriots are sitting…

• I traded away N’Keal Harry to the Packers for a 7th round pick. — This is a win-win for both sides, as Rodgers gets a weapon (using that term loosely) for next to nothing, and NE gets to move on from one of its biggest busts… Good shot Harry gets cut if he’s not dealt during the draft, so I’ll take the 7th rounder.

• I traded two 5th round picks, one going to the Chiefs for cornerback DeAndre Baker and three 7th round picks. The other 5th rounder went to the Steelers for CB Justin Layne. — Off the field issues appear (and I hope) to be behind both these gentlemen. After taking hybrid DB Daxton Hill in the first, it wasn’t a pressing issue to get a top cornerback. I recognized we needed upgrades there, regardless though, and did my best to not gamble away too much in hopes of tapping into their talent.

I drafted….

Michigan DB, Dax Hill @ 21

USC Edge, Drake Jackson @ 46

Oklahoma IOL, Marquis Hayes @ 85

Stanford DL, Thomas Booker @ 127

USC CB, Isaac Taylor-Stuart @ 210

with a much faster secondary and new blood getting after the hall, I think the Patriots have one of the most versatile defenses in the aspect that almost every single guy can lineup in multiple spots for different schemes.

Getting a big, tough guard also allows me to play around with the OLine. Most Pats fans are hoping for a tackle and to kick Isaiah Wynn into guard. I’m this mock, I opted to bank on Big Wynn and keep him on the blindside, where Hayes will slide into the interior offensive line on whatever side big Mike Onwenu doesn’t claim 😎

I can honestly say the draft didn’t shake out how I imagined. Lots of guys I missed.. but, my only regret, not trading up to grab John Metchie before he was taken … 🥺

• Like 2

And that's interesting, because if I'm being honest I came away unimpressed with Drake Jackson. I thought he looked lazy on tape often enough. Should I be focusing more on 2020 tape? 

He just didn't look dominant to me on the good plays. And you know how some scouts fall in love with a big DT catching a guy 15 yards downfield?? I just personally didn't see any of that with him even though he plays a more athletic position. I thought if the play got to the other side of the field he just sort of throttled down and let his teammates deal with it. 

That's just my perspective of course. USC has had a couple pretty down years for a program as big as that. And it's tough to say how motivated some guys might be in that situation when they committed thinking they might be talking about National Championships and then end up struggling to get to a bowl game, period. But after using that as an excuse on his behalf I could still argue the true competitors compete just because it's in their nature. He'll either prove me right or wrong (or leave it undetermined) in 3 years. But I'm certainly not into him in the top 64 myself. I know he has a bit of a following among the draftniks on this site.

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

And that's interesting, because if I'm being honest I came away unimpressed with Drake Jackson. I thought he looked lazy on tape often enough. Should I be focusing more on 2020 tape? 

He just didn't look dominant to me on the good plays. And you know how some scouts fall in love with a big DT catching a guy 15 yards downfield?? I just personally didn't see any of that with him even though he plays a more athletic position. I thought if the play got to the other side of the field he just sort of throttled down and let his teammates deal with it. 

That's just my perspective of course. USC has had a couple pretty down years for a program as big as that. And it's tough to say how motivated some guys might be in that situation when they committed thinking they might be talking about National Championships and then end up struggling to get to a bowl game, period. But after using that as an excuse on his behalf I could still argue the true competitors compete just because it's in their nature. He'll either prove me right or wrong (or leave it undetermined) in 3 years. But I'm certainly not into him in the top 64 myself. I know he has a bit of a following among the draftniks on this site.

I've been known to put to much into Flashes in college,which I've seen him win with Speed and power as well as multiple moves.The multiple moves impress me cause a lot of College kids rely on one move.The lack of effort does concern me as well but going to right coach can help that and playing for more money/incentives help too.Lack of motor is concerning on a few top edges this draft to me.

• Like 1

After trading up two times to picks 213 and 214 I finish my draft class with 7 picks I really like. Was very agressive with trades, but I like a lot what I was able to do.

2.13 (#45) - Nakobe Dean - LB - Georgia
3.07 (#71) - Kenneth Walker - RB - Michigan State
3.09 (#73) - DeAngelo Malone - EDGE - Western Kentucky
5.16 (#159) - Braxton Jones - OT - Southern Utah
5.26(#169) - Cordale Flott - CB - LSU
6.34(#213) - Grant Calcaterra - TE - SMU
6.35(#214) - Britain Covey - WR - Utah

utah-football-utes.gif

utah-football.gif

• Like 2

Was fun boys, thanks for having me. 

The Raiders final haul: