GM Mock Draft 2022 Discussion- Draft Underway

EaglesPeteC

26 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Can't believe Bellinger lasted that long.  Was hoping to trade up for him before he finally went.

You and me both... but had already added Jelani... but thought of double dipping at TE

Couldn't pass Dicker tho

Atlanta's Draft is over
8.Travon Walker Edge Georgia
28.Malik Willis QB LIberty
64.Phidarian Mathis DT Alabama
74.Myjai Sanders Edge Cincy
114.Wan'Dale Robinson WR Kentucky
141.Dohnovan West IOL Arizona State
151.Darrian Beavers LB Cincy
201.Matt Waletzko OT North Dakota
219.Kalon Barnes CB Baylor
227.Josh Johnson WR Tulsa

I'm happy with the outcome

• Like 6

Punters baby!!

Buffalo Bills final haul:

Round 1: WR Garret Wilson
Round 2: CB Roger McCreary
Round 3: RB Isaiah Spiller
Round 4: Traded as well as pick 25 and LB Tremaine Edmunds for 11th overall (Wilson)
Round 5: OG Thayer Munford
Round 6: LB Jack Sanborn
Round 6: TE James Mitchell 
Round 7: P Jordan Stout 

• Like 3

Jags draft 

1) Evan Neal OT Alabama Starting RT

33) George Pickens WR Georgia starting wr

65) John Metchie III WR Alabama redshirt pick

70) Chad Muma ILB Wyoming starting ilb

106) Isaiah Thomas EDGE Oklahoma edge competition

157) Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati backup rb.  Keeps from rushing Robinson and Etienne back

180) Austin Allen TE Nebraska TE competition

188) Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky backup qb

197) Mykael Wright CB Oregon future nickel

198) Sterling Weatherford S Miami (OH) safety depth

222) Esezi Otomewi DL Minnesota DL depth

235) Jeffrey Gunter EDGE Coastal Carolina edge competition

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

@jch1911 Care to share Waldo's explosive measurements formula or is it super secret?

It is gone from this site.... somebody may be able to find it... it basically looked at either (1) explosiveness (looking at mass, vertical jump, and broad jump) or (2) "twitch" / ability to change directions (10 yard split, shuttle, 3 cone).

I believe it is

Explosive Power =  ((Vertical + (3.5 X Broad Jump)) X (Mass)) / 3000

& Twitch = (Shuttle - (2 X 10 yard split)) - (1.6 - 10 yard split)

If pass rusher had explosiveness over 1.05, they were the most likely to be successful (not assured, but likely). 

If a pass rusher had a twitch below 1.10 and 3cone below 7, they would also be less likely to bust / likely be successful in the NFL.

I've been putting data in for most this draft class, VERY few pass rushers over 1.05 (Paschal & Okuayinonu; could include  Leo Chanel if you were to play him as an edge instead of LB).   

More players with the twitch measure (Hutchinson, Ebiketie, Brandon Smith as an edge).

FO's SackSeer includes some of it in their measure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

both are coming off significant injuries(Ettiene Lisfranc and robinson achilles).  granted ettienes happened preseason so he should be close to full strength but there wouldnt be a reason to push him 

I was talking more about the word play... rushing and back to refer to running backs

Washington is done. 

- Traded down from 11 to 25.  Received new starting MLB Trumaine Edmunds and a 4th round pick for the trade.  MLB is a huge need for the team and getting a vet who can call the defensive plays is a big boost.  Edmunds is also still 24 years old.

- Traded 6th round pick and backup DE Casey Toohill for S Terrance Brooks. He just gives me a veteran option at Safety.  

- Traded WR Curtis Samuel to Chiefs for future 3rd round pick. Seemed expendable after Olave was drafted. 

Draft

1-25: WR Chris Olave, OSU - Replaces Curtis Samuel as #2 WR. 

2-47: G/T Tyler Smith, Tulsa - Will compete to start a LG as a rookie.  Maybe becomes a RT down the line with Sam Cosmi moving to LT. 

3rd - don't have due to Carson Wentz trade. 

4-113: QB Carson Strong - Just gives us someone to develop on the roster behind Wentz and Heinicke

4-130: CB Derion Kendrick - Will compete for snaps in the slot as a rookie. 

5th - don't have due to ridiculous trade up last year for a longsnapper.  Not joking. 

6th - traded for Brooks. 

7-230: DT Eric Johnson, Missouri State - Washington lost a lot of depth at DT in free agency.  He will be a rotational backup. 

7-240: TE Lucas Krull, Pittsburgh - Depth for TE.  

• Like 3

Just now, MKnight82 said:

5th - don't have due to ridiculous trade up last year for a longsnapper.  Not joking. 

Wait, what?  They not only traded up for a LS of all positions, but they traded a 5th?  Did someone lose their job over that?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

7-230: DT Eric Johnson, Missouri State - Washington lost a lot of depth at DT in free agency.  He will be a rotational backup. 

And damn you for doing this.  Thought he would last until 249.  Really like his upside.  Really threw a wrench into my 7th round plan lol.

• Like 1

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 2022 Draft

2.10 Jaquan Brisker / S / Penn State

4.5  Rasheed Walker / OT / Penn State

4.11 Calvin Austin III / WR / Memphis

4.17 Cam Taylor-Britt / CB / Nebraska

5.2  Eyioma Uwazurike / DT / Iowa State

5.22 Tre Turner / WR / Virginia Tech

6.25 Kyren Williams / RB / Notre Dame

7.8  Jack Jones / CB / Arizona St

2023 4th(BAL)

Short Breakdown: We needed someone to compete at OT and some weapons for Matt Ryan. I wouldn't let myself be forced though. Took Brisker first as we have a new DC who runs heavy Cover-3 and I wanted to give him a disciplined player who could help provide flexibility. I think he and Khari Willis could both play up or down and help us disguise coverages. Made a trade back from 3.9 when my ideal options were gone, gaining two 4ths this year, Baltimore's 4th next year, and improving our place in the 5th (16>2). 

Drafted a tough Tackle to compete for our starting LT spot, two different body type WR's and an under-rated #3 RB to help our offense improve. Then added a tough rotational DL and two options at CB to compete for future roles in our Cover-3. I like both CB's a lot to eventually earn roles.

If we'd had a UDFA section I'd probably focus on depth LB, someone to compete at #3 TE, upside competition at Edge, and depth OL. Really liked how things broke down in the 4th after our trade back. Love adding a future 4th too.

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 3

For those of you that are unfamiliar with my pick at 243…

He’s  practically everything I could envision Belichick wanting from a sleeper pick… Lacross player, QB converting to receiver, his father was a football coach…. what else is there???

Here is a nice write up on how Jared Bernhardt went from “the best college lacrosse player in the country” to an NFL prospect, followed by some more articles that make him just to intriguing to fall to UDFA…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/22/jared-bernhardt-ferris-state/

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/Jared-Bernhardt-Another-NFL-Draft-sleeper-Maryland-lacrosse-Ferris-State-184017309/Amp/

https://www.testudotimes.com/platform/amp/2021/12/21/22847473/mm-12-21-a-recap-of-jared-bernhardts-season-with-ferris-state-football-maryland-mens-lacrosse-ncaa

Edited by DaPatsKid98
  • Like 1