Packers Release TE Marty B ... Claimed by Patriots ... Placed on IR

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The designation is to try and keep from paying him.

Ted is basically ensuring no FA's wanna go there.

Nobody hates free agency like Packer GM Ted Thompson. Nobody.

Before signing Bennett in March of this year (2017) the last unrestricted free-agent he signed was Jeff Saturday in 2012. 

Saturday at least made it through 2/3 of his only season in GB before he was benched.

With Aaron out, fans across the league are finally seeing what type of GM Thompson has been that past 7 years.

Packers have not been the same since John Schneider (Seattle 2010), Reggie McKenzie (Oakland 2012), and John Dorsey (formerly KC 2013) all left the front office and left Thompson alone.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Before signing Bennett in March of this year (2017) the last unrestricted free-agent he signed was Jeff Saturday in 2012. 

Saturday at least made it through 2/3 of his only season in GB before he was benched.

With Aaron out, fans across the league are finally seeing what type of GM Thompson has been that past 7 years.

Packers have not been the same since John Schneider (Seattle 2010), Reggie McKenzie (Oakland 2012), and John Dorsey (formerly KC 2013) all left the front office and left Thompson alone.

he shouldnt be there much longer, shouldnt effect free agency too much as long as TT gets the boot.

36 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Didn’t they sign Brooks this past training camp? And Julius Peppers a few seasons earlier? 

I agree, though. Thompson’s unwillingness to utilize an important aspect of team building is a weakness of his.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Bennet has always been a waste of talent of the highest order. There's a reason no team commits to him or vice versa. Calling him mercurial is frankly generous. With Rodgers down he's just a liability if not a ticking time bomb.

This. He quit after Rodgers got hurt. Guy is a mental midget.

43 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

McCarthy's coaches don't have success -> MM sux!

TT's FO's guys have success -> TT sux!

You're hilariously intellectually dishonest :)

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Didn’t they sign Brooks this past training camp? And Julius Peppers a few seasons earlier? 

I agree, though. Thompson’s unwillingness to utilize an important aspect of team building is a weakness of his.

Brooks & Peppers were street rather than unrestricted free agents like Bennett and Saturday.

While Thompson shies away from free agency generally as a rule, unrestricted free agency that might impact his compensatory draft pick stash is most always too much for him to even consider.

Based on the Saturday and Bennett signings, it would probably be best for the Packer organization if he just stayed away from unrestricted free agency altogether.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Brooks & Peppers were street rather than unrestricted free agents like Bennett and Saturday.

While Thompson shies away from free agency generally as a rule, unrestricted free agency that might impact his compensatory draft pick stash is most always too much for him to even consider.

Based on the Saturday and Bennett signings, it would probably be best for the Packer organization if he just stayed away from unrestricted free agency altogether.

Complains TT doesn't sign free agents.

Complains TT did sign a free agent.

Complains.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

McCarthy's coaches don't have success -> MM sux!

TT's FO's guys have success -> TT sux!

You're hilariously intellectually dishonest :)

Well to be intellectually honest, wouldn't you need to also trumpet your undying support of Dom Capers in addition to Mikey McCarthy and Teddy Thompson?

I mean, it is only a few weeks ago that you were lecturing everyone on the Packers forum about how the Pack's D was definitely going to be a top 10 in 2017 unit right?

Remember in August when, you lectured Packer fans questioning whether the D would once again hold the Pack back despite Rodgers' greatness, that "This defense is obviously a SB caliber defense today. That's not even questionable?"

You know the same Dom Capers led D that has not forced a single punt in 6+ quarters and is tied for 22nd in the NFL in offensive points against per game -- your favorite stat for gauging a defense's performance. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-offensive-points-per-game

34 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Well to be intellectually honest, wouldn't you need to also trumpet your undying support of Dom Capers in addition to Mikey McCarthy and Teddy Thompson?

I mean, it is only a few weeks ago that you were lecturing everyone on the Packers forum about how the Pack's D was definitely going to be a top 10 in 2017 unit right?

Remember in August when, you lectured Packer fans questioning whether the D would once again hold the Pack back despite Rodgers' greatness, that "This defense is obviously a SB caliber defense today. That's not even questionable?"

You know the same Dom Capers led D that has not forced a single punt in 6+ quarters and is tied for 22nd in the NFL in offensive points against per game -- your favorite stat for gauging a defense's performance. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-offensive-points-per-game

I've been honest for years about those 3. I haven't really wavered at all. At the beginning of the season I said if defense wasn't good this year I'd be fine moving on from Capers because the pieces are there. I've consistently defended MM and TT at being great at their jobs because they are. And yep, I stated the defense was SB caliber because with Aaron Rodgers at the helm they absolutely are (were).

I don't change my narrative just to complain about EVERYTHING like you. I hold a nuanced view and then discuss from that reference. Sometimes complaining is warranted. But I don't wake up excited about what I can complain about like you.

3 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Looks like the Pats won't be getting the likely 5th round comp pick for him since he was cut prior to Wk 10. -_-

They still could. The Browns signed Ben Tate and then released him about this time during the season and he signed back with the Texans and the Texans still got a comp pick for him, even though he ended up back with them. Didn't the Patriots have the same thing with maybe Blount from when he signed and was cut by the Steelers? I think they still got a comp pick even though they ended up with him anyway.

We saw this guys' issues when he was drafted by Dallas.  He just always gave off a selfish vibe. Then he had some unkind things to say about Witten. I was afraid to say anything negative in his potential retirement thread, but my fingers were close to typing, "BYE, FELICIA!". 

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

We saw this guys' issues when he was drafted by Dallas.  He just always gave off a selfish vibe. Then he had some unkind things to say about Witten. I was afraid to say anything negative in his potential retirement thread, but my fingers were close to typing, "BYE, FELICIA!". 

not much positive that can be said about a guy who signs a 3 year contract "knowing" he planned to retire anyway only to quit immediately after the star of the team gets injured and the only way the team has a chance is if everyone else steps up. But he chose to give up. Can't really be too surprised though, it seems in character.

Archived