GDT - Week 10: Minnesota Sheep vs. Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins win 20-10

anotjer bad Kirk cousins game but the D does well .

Kirk played well considering most his throws he was getting hit as he released the ball. Statistically no not great but this was his best performance as a redskin for me. Kirk stepped up huge against Seattle!!! We will see which team shows up for a tough Vikings game

Zimmer said Case Keenum, who has gone 4-2 as a starter in relief of Bradford, will start Sunday at Washington, and Bridgewater will be the backup. Zimmer indicated there will be continued competition for the starting job as Bridgewater gets more comfortable in his return.

Zimmer: “We’ll see where we are at, where we’re going. Case has done great. We’ll just keep going from there and see how this thing all plays out.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/08/vikings-witnessed-a-miracle-with-the-return-of-qb-teddy-bridgewater/

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Zimmer said Case Keenum, who has gone 4-2 as a starter in relief of Bradford, will start Sunday at Washington, and Bridgewater will be the backup. Zimmer indicated there will be continued competition for the starting job as Bridgewater gets more comfortable in his return.

Zimmer: “We’ll see where we are at, where we’re going. Case has done great. We’ll just keep going from there and see how this thing all plays out.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/08/vikings-witnessed-a-miracle-with-the-return-of-qb-teddy-bridgewater/

Do you know how bad I wish Bridgewater was playing. I saw nothing that made him a game changer or a threat offensively. Keenum is likely to make some mistakes if under pressure, but he has been in the league longer, seen more, and experienced more, which makes him the better option. Bridgewater didn't have a high ceiling to me and was marginal in accuracy and competence in the NFL. I didnt think he should have been drafted as high as he was or even considered a great college QB. But it is what it is. 

But I do wish the Vikings would play Bridgewater, at least for our sake, to make the game easier for us.  

The Vikings have not won against competitive teams. Not sure how I would lump the Redskins into that, but for all that matters:

Saints 29-19

Bucs 34-17

Bears (barely) 20-17

Packers (w/o Rodgers) 23-10

Ravens 24-16

Browns 33-16

Of all those teams, the Saints are the only winning record. BUT, it was also the first game of the season with Bradford, who was healthy, and Dalvin Cook. The offensive line is still shaky and they have some receiving options. If we can shut down the run game, and make Case throw more than he should. Keeping their defense on the field and tiring them out, I can't see a reason why the Skins should not win at home. Oh. At home. Well. We lost. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/34210/redskins-unsure-about-jordan-reed-but-optimistic-about-offensive-line

Tight end Jordan Reed (hamstring): The Redskins never really anticipated him playing last week, but he was able to take part in some limited individual drills. That's a good sign, but what that means for Sunday remains uncertain.

Receiver Jamison Crowder (hamstring): He said he's feeling better and was able to do a little more Wednesday. He was able to do more than Reed last week, performing agility work with the athletic trainers.

Left tackle Trent Williams (knee): He did not practice, marking the start of a fourth week in which he hasn't done so. He's missed the last two games, hoping to have the bone bruise in his knee get to a point where he can play. He's hoping to increase the workload to test his knee and get a better feel for when he might return.

But Williams said he's unsure about Sunday.

"The rest is definitely helping," he said. "But it's a physical game and it's an injury that's going to linger. I've got to get healthy enough to be able to go out there and contribute. I really don't know. It could be this week; it could be the next two weeks."

Guard Brandon Scherff (knee): He was limited, but Gruden said Scherff was "on the upswing" after missing the last two games. He dressed Sunday but could not play.

Center Spencer Long (quad/knee): He said he was optimistic about playing Sunday after missing the last two games. Long would return to center, but he could also play guard if they needed him to and leave rookie Chase Roullier at center. But Roullier played guard in the Philadelphia Eagles' game last month when Scherff was injured with Long staying at center.

Guard Shawn Lauvao (stinger): Like Scherff, he, too, was said to be "on the upswing." But the key will be making sure he has all the strength back in his arm.

Defensive lineman Matt Ioannidis (hand): He's wearing a cast on his broken hand, but they're still not sure when he'll be able to play -- it could be this week or possibly the following week. He'll have to play either with a cast or heavy padding. But they want to make sure he can function that way, considering he must use his hands on every play.

Receiver Brian Quick and tight end Niles Paul (concussion): Both were limited.

Tight end Vernon Davis(hands): His right hand looked like it had a hut in the middle of it after Sunday's game because of the swelling. But Gruden has said he thinks Davis will be fine for Sunday.

Defensive lineman Arthur Jones (shoulder): The Redskins will have a better idea soon about how much time he'll miss with a dislocated shoulder. They signed defensive lineman Tavaris Barnes to the practice squad to provide more options if Jones must miss extended time and if Ioannidis can't return Sunday. That would leave Washington with only four defensive linemen.

Tackle Ty Nsekhe (core muscle injury): For the first time since getting hurt in Week 3, Nsekhe was able to practice, albeit limited. Still, it was a positive step for him. If he can return, it would provide Washington with a stronger backup option if Williams must continue to miss time or, eventually, shut it down. Also, with Morgan Moses limited because of two sprained ankles, Nsekhe's return would come at a good time.

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i would think WASH would rather play against Keenum, as they have tape on his abilities and boundaries. Teddy would be a wild card, and often that works out for the one holding it in their hand.

This would be Teddy's first game back, not in football shape, still needing to adjust back to the speed and would have no timing with receivers or be in the flow of the offensive play calling. Yeah, base all that on top of a lack of confidence in his knee and not wanting to get hit. Then his actual ability, which was not promising to begin with. Teddy B is the one I would rather the Vikings trot out there. 

Archived