GDT - Week 10: Minnesota Sheep vs. Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

Just now, vike daddy said:

umm... this is pretty silly, i have to say....

feel free to come over to the Vikings forum if you guys want to discuss football.

vike daddy, we have been discussing football...we are just being silly...throw us some thoughts, I have tried to have a debate but you shot it down. But what the hell, I dont mind going into enemy territory. I don't sheep anyway. 

Just now, vike daddy said:

umm... this is pretty silly, i have to say....

feel free to come over to the Vikings forum if you guys want to discuss football.

The simple version is: we're banged up all along the offensive line. You've got a good-to-great defensive line that should run roughshod our patchwork offensive line. There's not a whole lot to discuss until we get to the actual game.

I don't know who I would rather see under center between Keenum or Bridgewater. I guess Keenum since there is 2017 tape on him, and I don't want to think about Gruden having to plan for something he doesn't know (he's not what we call the most adaptive of coaches). Our defense probably won't get to whichever QB is back there, but they'll make it tough to grind yards (assuming the weather isn't completely slop ball again).

Still, if the injury bug goes the way it is going, there shouldn't be much question about what happens.

I watched the Seattle and Washington game, and from that I got:

Washington seems to do very well with getting pressure on the edge but seem to be lacking interior pressure. Multiple times Wilson could move up to throw it or take off. The loss of Jonathan Allen must be significant. The linebackers are good. At full health that's a nice front 7 that's missing maybe 1 piece from being dominant?

Your defensive backfield is pretty tight. I wasn't sure what to expect, but its overall not bad I think. Having DeAngelo Hall back has to in some form, be it emotionally or mentally be helpful.

There is a clear disconnect with the QB and WRs. I think poor route running, inability to get separation, and lack of talent hurt tremendously. Davis, Reed and Thompson make up for it, but it seems to me like a very limited passing attack. Josh Doctson...man I thought he was going to be DOMINANT.

Your offensive line has to give Cousins nightmares. Let me just say that as a fan of the Pitt Panthers and Minnesota Vikings, I'm so, so sorry for TJ Clemmings. No one should have to go through that.

I'd be worried about Nick Rose. Something seems off with him. He's an NFL talent but I'd be worried.

Overall though, very solid team that I think is one year away from playoff contention, managing that Cousins stays.

What's the deal with Hopkins and Cravens btw?

Anyways, here's to a fun, injury free game! :D

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I watched the Seattle and Washington game, and from that I got:

Washington seems to do very well with getting pressure on the edge but seem to be lacking interior pressure. Multiple times Wilson could move up to throw it or take off. The loss of Jonathan Allen must be significant. The linebackers are good. At full health that's a nice front 7 that's missing maybe 1 piece from being dominant?

Your defensive backfield is pretty tight. I wasn't sure what to expect, but its overall not bad I think. Having DeAngelo Hall back has to in some form, be it emotionally or mentally be helpful.

There is a clear disconnect with the QB and WRs. I think poor route running, inability to get separation, and lack of talent hurt tremendously. Davis, Reed and Thompson make up for it, but it seems to me like a very limited passing attack. Josh Doctson...man I thought he was going to be DOMINANT.

Your offensive line has to give Cousins nightmares. Let me just say that as a fan of the Pitt Panthers and Minnesota Vikings, I'm so, so sorry for TJ Clemmings. No one should have to go through that.

I'd be worried about Nick Rose. Something seems off with him. He's an NFL talent but I'd be worried.

Overall though, very solid team that I think is one year away from playoff contention, managing that Cousins stays.

What's the deal with Hopkins and Cravens btw?

Anyways, here's to a fun, injury free game! :D

- Our two best interior pass rushers are injured (Jon Allen and Ionnidis).  We were weak here already so losing them has crippled the interior. 

- Getting Norman back was a huge boost.  He's the straw that stirs the secondary's drink.

- Crowder is a good slot WR but he's injured.  Doctson is still getting up to speed after missing his entire rookie season.  Pryor has been a huge disappointment.  We don't have a WR with great speed that stretches the field either, which makes for tighter windows for everyone else since the defense plays up on us.  

- The Oline has been massacred with injuries.  Morgan Moses was our only starting Olineman that played last week, and some positions like LT were played by 3rd string options because our backups are injured.  Sounds like Brandon Scherff might be back this week, but Trent Williams and Long sound doubtful.  

- Rose has been very accurate so far and gets great distance on his kickoffs, the problem is his kicks are really low.  He's already had one FG blocked.  I don't think this is something he can remedy in the middle of a season.  

- Hopkins our kicker?  He's injured like everyone else. 

- Cravens?  Who knows.    

Archived