GDT - Week 10: Minnesota Sheep vs. Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

On 11/13/2017 at 8:29 AM, TENINCH said:

I think you should resign him and use the draft to get your safeties. He's a very good QB and would have looked much better yesterday if his receivers could catch the ball.

Our fastest, most athletic and best coverage safety - our 4th round rookie Dontae Nicholson - was out with a shoulder injury and DeAngelo Hall got a bone bruise during the game. We didn’t have our 2 best coverage safeties for most of the game and it showed. We also have Swearinger who’s a great SS type and did pick off Keenum twice in the second half which got us back into the game, one of which was nearly a pick 6.

We don’t need to draft safeties, we need Nicholson to get and stay healthy. Sure, if a safety is by far the best player on the board we shouldnt pass on them - particularly in the second half of next years draft - but we have much bigger needs such as RB, WR, LG, ILB, and NT. 

On 11/13/2017 at 10:17 AM, lavar703 said:

The defense has pretty much fallen apart since Allen and Ioannidis got hurt. I really wish we could've seen Allen, Taylor and Ioannidis on the field together. Our safeties really aren't that bad though. Swearinger has been awesome and Nicholson has played really well. 

Defintely true, but it’s amazing the stark difference between how poorly our defense played against Minnesota vs how they have played even since Allen got hurt.  Even w/o Allen, we were still average until the Minnesota game and heck vs Seattle the defense was the main reason we won. It’s just mind blowing how crappy our defense played on Sunday, just freaking sad!

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So Doctson falling in the end zone was awful but Kirk throwing a pic in what amounts to the red zone is no big deal because Case threw two? You basically blamed everyone but Kirk. His int was an absolute back-breaker. 

That’s not what I’m saying. You’re taking my point out of context. The point is that the Vikings as a team are a better all arounnd team and capable of overcoming their QBs mistakes while our team as currently constructed isn’t because:

1. They are more healthy than us

2. They have more talent than us spread throughout their roster - particularly at RB and throughout their defense - which means they can overcome their qb making two horrible mistakes and throwing two awful interceptions in the second half while we can’t afford our qb even throwing 1 and expect to win.

Kirk has to play a perfect game in order for the Redskins to win, and if you can’t see that, you’re blind! Andif you think it’s a realistic expectation of any player to be perfect every week and every play I think you’re naive and asking way, way too much of that player. Given the injuries this team has endured since the Chiefs game, this team has reverted back to a clone of what it was in 2015 & 16 when they had no running game, an inconsistent defense and the only way they had/have a chance of winning is if Kirk and the passing game are nearly perfect which can happen some weeks but obviously not every week. Also, the clear difference between the 2017 Redskins and the 2015 & 16 Redskins passing game is the absence of Djax and Garcon which puts even more expectations on Kirk to be perfect in order for us to have a chance to win.

If fans can’t see that, then I don’t know what the hell they're watching!

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Our fastest, most athletic and best coverage safety - our 4th round rookie Dontae Nicholson - was out with a shoulder injury and DeAngelo Hall got a bone bruise during the game. We didn’t have our 2 best coverage safeties for most of the game and it showed. We also have Swearinger who’s a great SS type and did pick off Keenum twice in the second half which got us back into the game, one of which was nearly a pick 6.

We don’t need to draft safeties, we need Nicholson to get and stay healthy. Sure, if a safety is by far the best player on the board we shouldnt pass on them - particularly in the second half of next years draft - but we have much bigger needs such as RB, WR, LG, ILB, and NT. 

I was just going off of what the previous Redskins poster had said. I honestly know nothing about your players outside of Kirk Cousins.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:55 PM, mar29020 said:

[Perine]has much more talent then kelly

Yep, hopefully he gets around 15 carries or more a game now. We really have to see what he can do. We have to know if he can be more than just a back up/short yardage guy and if we need to get an upgrade in next year’s draft. I’d really like to see him get at least 100 carries the rest of the way - if not more - so we can a definitive answer on him before the offseason.

Preferably I’d like to see Perine get 125 carries the last 7 games and hopefully with that he can get around or over 500 yards with a handful of TDs.

44 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I was just going off of what the previous Redskins poster had said. I honestly know nothing about your players outside of Kirk Cousins.

Ah ok, my bad, makes sense and I know who you’re talking about because there’s only one Redskins poster in this forum that thinks we need two new starting safeties. Truthfully, it’s probably the least of our problems on the team outside of LT, RG, RT, TE, CB and OLB. 

Archived