2022 Mock Draft Thread

GW21

On 3/31/2022 at 5:19 PM, adamq said:

Paid a hefty price to move up 10 slots (maybe the future pick should be a 4?) but I like what I've read about Bonitto, as a pure pass rusher opposite Bosa he should be a good fit. Tried to focus on guys they have set up meetings with (Strange, ONeil, Okonkwo) and of course I nabbed my boy Tyler Goodson

pff-mock-results-1.png

How do you post these??

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Another one that gets us Rambo!!!!!!! YES. 

I think either S from Baylor is a good get--pains me to say that as they beat my Sooners last season. Not certain how well Thomas fits our needs. Bonitto was the much faster rusher on the Sooner D. I like the idea of going OL and specifically C. It's time, in my opinion. Don't know Verdell (and hate Oregon), but he made be think of 'Touchdown Tommy' Vardell...

Ironically Bonitto could have been selected instead of Thomas, but I heard Bonitto is more of a 3-4 outside linebacker so I went with Thomas instead. Again PFN rankings. Crazy! 

61. Josh Paschal - EDGE - UK

93. Cole Strange - C - Tenn Chatt

105. Kerby Joseph - S - Illinois

134. Dare Rosenthal - OT - UK 

172. Charlie Kolar - TE - Iowa St

187. Kelvin Austin - WR - ND

220. Jalyn Armour-Davis - CB - Alabama

221. Tyler Goodson - RB - Iowa

I want that Joseph pick back. I'm actually not a huge fan of his but I felt forced to go get  a safety given our current situation. Problem is he's not really the guy we should be looking at. 

The Rosenthal pick is a tad early, but I didn't want to wait a round and have him gone. Freakish traits, he can redshirt a year and take over for McG in 2023. Very raw and need a ton of technique work. 

Paschal is sort of a interesting pick. Don't see him taken much, but super explosive. I think he's a good fit with Kocurek, but he may be very dependent on that. 

Armour-Davis is one of my favorite late round picks draft in and out, and Austin has interesting traits but a bad college career. 

• Like 1

CjFJcTL.png

Did my first mock draft for the year and mostly tried to maximize value and looking ahead for positions i liked the value later on. Got burned a few times but also got some picks i feel are steals.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Thoughts??

pff-mock-results-2.png

I would not be making that move for Watson, personally. But I really like Parham as a fit, and I'm a big Kyren Williams supporter, though I'd hope that he'd just fall later if I can. It's actually pretty funny because a no brainer comp for him in my opinion is James White, who went with pick 130 and those two are insanely, eerily similar with regards to their athletic profiles. 

Not a fan of the West selection after a taking Parham either. I feel like that needs to be a tackle, edge or corner. 

document.png

I’ve got the pff settings tweaked a bit to make everything feel more draft board-y (and not have Watson drop into the mid to late third all of the time). Brisker dropping sort of made this draft, but I did the usual thing. SS, some athletic OL types, some home run hitters at the skill positions. A nose tackle just for me (even if he isn’t Kocurek’s jam). Okonkwo because I want a move TE for the 3rd Te spot that might play some fullback if Juice goes down and has some burst. The usual. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JIllg said:

document.png

I’ve got the pff settings tweaked a bit to make everything feel more draft board-y (and not have Watson drop into the mid to late third all of the time). Brisker dropping sort of made this draft, but I did the usual thing. SS, some athletic OL types, some home run hitters at the skill positions. A nose tackle just for me (even if he isn’t Kocurek’s jam). Okonkwo because I want a move TE for the 3rd Te spot that might play some fullback if Juice goes down and has some burst. The usual. 

Brisker is one of a handful of guys I'd actually trade up for if he fell into our range. 

I tend to end up with Tom and Elliss in a lot in my drafts on PFF. If you look at guys like Skule and McKivitz, Tom would fit right into that type of player.