2022 Mock Draft Thread

GW21

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

whoops! Sorry about that @GW21.

Thanks Forge for posting the results.

All good homie! I could pay for it lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The thing I don't like about the Jurgens pick here is that he him going over both Parham and Strange. I don't think that I agree with that. Though he could be factoring in our perceived interesting in Jurgens into that decision. 

The only picks that I really like are Jones and Cross. Jurgens that high is ok, but not terribly exciting to me. After the Jones pick it's pretty uninspiring imo. I'd like to see us take a edge higher than what they've got us doing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That's a bit underwhelming for me. 

I really like each of the guys at each of the picks and each is realistic to expected draft position. But I kind of agree with you. The good drafts are the ones where you steal guys above expected position. And they are always possible. I yearn for the Carlton Davises and Creed Humphreys and Asante Samuel Jr.s lost to time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Paschal to me is one of the most interesting guys in the edge class to me. I don't know how he fits on the edge in a wide 9 though. Dude is freakishly explosive and he will beat the hell out of you...so much power there...but like Engabare, I think in our scheme he makes way more sense to align inside a 9 in something closer to a 3T / 4i. But I really, really like him as a player. Maybe I'm putting too much stock into having that extra couple of steps outside though. If we take an edge at 61, I have no problem with Paschal though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I really like each of the guys at each of the picks and each is realistic to expected draft position. But I kind of agree with you. The good drafts are the ones where you steal guys above expected position. And they are always possible. I yearn for the Carlton Davises and Creed Humphreys and Asante Samuel Jr.s lost to time. 

That's exactly it lol. 

I look at this draft and there is really nothing egregious whatsoever and it makes a lot of sense for the team and the prospect placement in my opinion. But there's nothing that gets me super amped either. 

Went ahead and did another mock with acquiring of Turrey, I personally don’t think we will draft an edge. 

61. Dylan Parham - G (Memphis)

93. Bryan Cook - S (Cincinnati)

105. Brian Robinson - RB (Bama)

134. Cordale Flott - CB (LSU)

172. Noah Elliss - DT (Idaho)

187. Josh Johnson - WR (Tulsa)

220. Doug Kramer - C (Illinois) 

221. Cole Turner - TE (Nevada)

262. Matt Araiza - P (San Diego St)

I tried to cover as many needs as I could. Flott played a lot of nickel so he can help with depth even if Mosley slides in. Johnson played slot also and has decent size. Elliss seems like a big body DT for depth. We probably will go Center earlier in the draft, but I went best pick at the last 3. 

*Forgot to mention, Parham could play center if needed. He seemed to play every position on the line, which apparently the Niners covet 

Edited by StevenK

20 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Went ahead and did another mock with acquiring of Turrey, I personally don’t think we will draft an edge. 

61. Dylan Parham - G (Memphis)

93. Bryan Cook - S (Cincinnati)

105. Brian Robinson - RB (Bama)

134. Cordale Flott - CB (LSU)

172. Noah Elliss - DT (Idaho)

187. Josh Johnson - WR (Tulsa)

220. Doug Kramer - C (Illinois) 

221. Cole Turner - TE (Nevada)

262. Matt Araiza - P (San Diego St)

I tried to cover as many needs as I could. Flott played a lot of nickel so he can help with depth even if Mosley slides in. Johnson played slot also and has decent size. Elliss seems like a big body DT for depth. We probably will go Center earlier in the draft, but I went best pick at the last 3. 

*Forgot to mention, Parham could play center if needed. He seemed to play every position on the line, which apparently the Niners covet 

You maybe right with G and S as top priority…not sure RB is needed that high as id go CB right around here (if we don’t go edge) but we never know with Shanny.

2 hours ago, 9erFreak77 said:

You maybe right with G and S as top priority…not sure RB is needed that high as id go CB right around here (if we don’t go edge) but we never know with Shanny.

I feel since we didn’t resign Mostert and I don’t think Kyle wants Mitchell to get hurt continuously, he’s going to grab another Rb. Granted maybe not as early, but we had a visit with him and like u said, who knows with Kyle lol

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

I feel since we didn’t resign Mostert and I don’t think Kyle wants Mitchell to get hurt continuously, he’s going to grab another Rb. Granted maybe not as early, but we had a visit with him and like u said, who knows with Kyle lol

Don’t forget Trey Sermon 👍🏻

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Not me. I’m going to die on that hill!

I'll take a guy on day three for sure (assuming we haven't dropped picks via trade ups, which is a big if) . If Kyren Williams falls, he's the perfect third down back that we could use. 

I'd also look at Tyler Badie, Ty Chandler and Pierre Strong.