LOLB: Andre Tippett

ROLB: Lawrence Taylor

ILB: Derrick Brooks

ILB: Junior Seau

CB: Darrelle Revis

CB: Deion Sanders

FS: Ed Reed

SS: Troy Polamalu

Why are you playing Derrick Brooks out of position when Ray Lewis is literally a 3-4 ILB and 4-3 MLB and the best of all time?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

On 3/29/2022 at 3:56 AM, mdonnelly21 said:

Deion Sanders 

Ray Lewis 

**** Butkus 

Deacon Jones 

Ronnie Lott 

Reggie White 

Lawrence Taylor 

Ed Reed 

Mel Blount 

Mean Joe Green 

Honorable Mention: Alan Page, John Randle, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Sam Huff, Bobby Bell, Darrell Green, Night Train Lane, Derrick Thomas, Chuck Bednarik 

One of the better lists I have seen on this website to be honest

I would go

1) Reggie White

2) Lawrence Taylor

3) Deacon Jones

4) Ray Lewis

5) Deion Sanders

6) Night Train Lane

7) Alan Page

8 ) Mean Joe Greene

9) D*ck Butkus

10 for me is a literal tie between Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed, I truly cannot take one over the other, and could see an argument either way

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

One of the better lists I have seen on this website to be honest

I would go

1) Reggie White

2) Lawrence Taylor

3) Deacon Jones

4) Ray Lewis

5) Deion Sanders

6) Night Train Lane

7) Alan Page

8 ) Mean Joe Greene

9) D*ck Butkus

10 for me is a literal tie between Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed, I truly cannot take one over the other, and could see an argument either way

Right it's 1A and 1B between Reed and Lott. And that's a very similar list to mine. I can see an argument for White over LT most def 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Awsi Dooger said:

Excellent list by the OP. Typically any list like this is overly slanted toward recency. 

Yeah, I prefer not going with the new kid on the block. I tried to spread out throughout from the 60s on with Sam Huff being the exception. 

On 3/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, Chargers said:

Did JJ Watt not exist ever or something lol. Aaron Donald has also cemented himself in the Top 5 imo and honestly so has J.J Watt given who he had as teammates.

4 years in a row of sustained greatness and a 5th bounce back year that was also very good.

He's awesome, but probably in that 16-25 range IMO

Lawrence Taylor
Reggie White
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Ronnie Lott
Aaron Donald
Alan Page
Deacon Jones
Bruce Smith
Ed Reed

If I was forming a team to play in the league right now, starting 11 might look like
White
Donald
Smith

Brooks
Taylor
Lewis

Sanders
Woodson
Woodson

Lott
Reed

On 3/30/2022 at 12:32 PM, Tk3 said:

I don't like the prompt, so I'll make my own... Keeping it to ~2000s to present

1. Aaron Donald
  2. Ray Lewis
  3. Julius Peppers
  4. J.J. Watt
  5. Ed Reed
  6. Brian Urlacher
  7. DeMarcus Ware
  8. Luke Kuechly
  9. Darrelle Revis
  10. Patrick Willis

Also, people in this thread are DEFINITELY falling into the "older is always better when it comes to All-Time" trap

According to everyone here, the past 20 years of uber talented players has produced 10% of the best players, while the prior 20 years has produced 80%

Goofy

I think it helps a players argument if they play for 15+ years and are still able to be great in the league.  No player starting in 2010 has had the chance to go that long...any player would be a long shot.  It's a testament to AD that most people are including him on here.

Also a lot of these guys also have leads in stats or some award.  Page and Taylor are MVPs.  PFR unofficial sack leaders all time, Smith, White, D. Jones.  Interceptions leaders are all  old guys, but then of the more recent is woodson,woodson, reed, lott.  Deion Sanders was the first shut down corner.  There was huge drama in the 90's about who would get him in free agency.  94 he goes to SF and they win the SB instead of the cowboys.  95 he goes to the cowboys, they win the super bowl.  

Personal opinion here, but it's also harder for defenders to have huge impacts on games like they used to in the 80's due to rules changes.

Some generations are just better players, which maybe is or isn't the case.  Look at tennis...now the top guys struggle to beat the older players who were at the top.  Do I think that's the case here?  Probably not

My only issue with pass rushers of today vs guys like LT Bruce smith and Reggie white is the amount of attempts they get to rush the passer in comparison… It’s like to the total points vs point per game argument for MJ vs Lebron… like yeah or BRon will end up with the most points total but is he really a better scorer when u factor in he averages like 3 less points a game… 

Edited by bmorecareful
  • Like 1