Jerry Jones threatening to sue NFL over Goodell

Thelonebillsfan

On 11/8/2017 at 4:16 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21342623/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-threatens-sue-nfl-roger-goodell

What a petulant child. Threatening to sue the league and individual owners because he's angry Zeke got 6 games and they won't force players to stand. Despite still being the most valuable franchise in the league.

Wouldn't you be angry? The general consensus is that this was a witch hunt from a beginning. I'm proud we have a owner willing to fight tooth and nail for his players. And it's not like he does this for everyone. See Randy Gregory who Jerry loved, but this whole thing has been BS from the start with Zeke.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wouldn't you be angry? The general consensus is that this was a witch hunt from a beginning. I'm proud we have a owner willing to fight tooth and nail for his players. And it's not like he does this for everyone. See Randy Gregory who Jerry loved, but this whole thing has been BS from the start with Zeke.

gregory was never productive, zeke is very produtive. theres really not much of a way you can say he definitively did or didnt do anything to her, thats not the stanc jerry is taking though. We saw him cut a guy who was completely innocent who wasnt a very good player. Dont confuse this into being anythingf more than jones wanting to keep his best player on the field. he doesnt care if hes innocent or guilty.

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

gregory was never productive, zeke is very produtive. theres really not much of a way you can say he definitively did or didnt do anything to her, thats not the stanc jerry is taking though. We saw him cut a guy who was completely innocent who wasnt a very good player. Dont confuse this into being anythingf more than jones wanting to keep his best player on the field. he doesnt care if hes innocent or guilty.

Gregory was still a favorite of Jerry's. Another pet project that he loves so much. But still did nothing. And again, wouldn't you when there is so little to actually convict him? What if that happened to Wentz? Him just being stupid, and then getting punished for something that might as well be hear say with no hard evidence? It's ridiculous that Goodell can ban someone at will which is what he did with Zeke. There was no real cause for it, and no being an idiot is not just cause.

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Gregory was still a favorite of Jerry's. Another pet project that he loves so much. But still did nothing. And again, wouldn't you when there is so little to actually convict him? What if that happened to Wentz? Him just being stupid, and then getting punished for something that might as well be hear say with no hard evidence? It's ridiculous that Goodell can ban someone at will which is what he did with Zeke. There was no real cause for it, and no being an idiot is not just cause.

im not saying goodell is right, im just saying theres absolutely no way you can be sure zeke didnt do anything, its very iffy. shes a pos, hes a pos and youre left trying to figure out whose the bigger liar. But this isnt a question of if jerry likes zeke and thats why hes doing it, its that zeke gives the cowboys a much better chance of winning, and he wants to keep him on the field.

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im not saying goodell is right, im just saying theres absolutely no way you can be sure zeke didnt do anything, its very iffy. shes a pos, hes a pos and youre left trying to figure out whose the bigger liar. But this isnt a question of if jerry likes zeke and thats why hes doing it, its that zeke gives the cowboys a much better chance of winning, and he wants to keep him on the field.

I'm not saying he didn't do anything. I don't think he did. I'm just saying nothing could be proved, therefore Jerry has a right

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm not saying he didn't do anything. I don't think he did. I'm just saying nothing could be proved, therefore Jerry has a right

he does have a right, like most people have a right to ***** about whatever they want. Is he right? Absolutely not. Goodell has been doing this for years, jerrys only concerned when it may affect his teams record. jerry couldnt care two craps if he beat the crap out of her, we saw that with hardy. he cares about winning.

51 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

he does have a right, like most people have a right to ***** about whatever they want. Is he right? Absolutely not. Goodell has been doing this for years, jerrys only concerned when it may affect his teams record. jerry couldnt care two craps if he beat the crap out of her, we saw that with hardy. he cares about winning.

It is his team is it not? So why should he not care or gripe?

And no, he is most certainly right. If a court of law will not bring charges against Zeke, Goodell has no right to be judge and jury on a matter where there is no concrete evidence to connect Zeke with the crime. 

So if Goodell heard that Wentz used a racial slur against someone and yet no one besides the accuser "supposedly" heard it. He has no right to suspend Wentz. I don't care if he did say it. There has to be evidence to convict or pass judgement against someone.

And sure Jerry cares about winning. When the situation is your player may have infact done absolutely nothing to deserve the sentencing. Everything counts. And in this case, it might as well have been nothing at all to even talk discuss let alone take action on.

Goodell’s demands are $50 mil a year and a private jet for life? Wow. I’d give him a one-way helicopter ride over the Amazon....

Anyway, Jerry said in an interview that it wasn’t about Zeke and it was nothing personal against Roger. He simply said that more than 6 owners should be on board for contract negotiations with the commissioner....that all 32 owners should have a vote. The jist I get is that this is more about the NFL being in the news over the past year and Goodell hasn’t rangled any of it in.  This whole thing started, supposedly because Jerry pushed for an incentive-based contract. 

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It is his team is it not? So why should he not care or gripe?

And no, he is most certainly right. If a court of law will not bring charges against Zeke, Goodell has no right to be judge and jury on a matter where there is no concrete evidence to connect Zeke with the crime. 

So if Goodell heard that Wentz used a racial slur against someone and yet no one besides the accuser "supposedly" heard it. He has no right to suspend Wentz. I don't care if he did say it. There has to be evidence to convict or pass judgement against someone.

And sure Jerry cares about winning. When the situation is your player may have infact done absolutely nothing to deserve the sentencing. Everything counts. And in this case, it might as well have been nothing at all to even talk discuss let alone take action on.

again jones can gripe all he wants, its his right, he ignored it when t didn't affect him so he looks like hes throwing a tantrum now. And while its mostly he said/she said in this situation, its the world we live in today. People are going to err on the side of caution,  and it doesnt help Zeke has a concerning history. I mean, he more or less sexually harassed someone and theres photographic proof of that. he deserved a suspension for the totality of his actions, if they want to hide it under this allegation then i dont really care tbh. 

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again jones can gripe all he wants, its his right, he ignored it when t didn't affect him so he looks like hes throwing a tantrum now. And while its mostly he said/she said in this situation, its the world we live in today. People are going to err on the side of caution,  and it doesnt help Zeke has a concerning history. I mean, he more or less sexually harassed someone and theres photographic proof of that. he deserved a suspension for the totality of his actions, if they want to hide it under this allegation then i dont really care tbh. 

Of course not. You're an Eagles fan. But just don't complain when it happens to you cause Goodell wants to appear tough on "supposed" rule breakers.

Archived