Jerry Jones threatening to sue NFL over Goodell

Thelonebillsfan

10 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Goodell’s demands are $50 mil a year and a private jet for life? Wow. I’d give him a one-way helicopter ride over the Amazon....

Anyway, Jerry said in an interview that it wasn’t about Zeke and it was nothing personal against Roger. He simply said that more than 6 owners should be on board for contract negotiations with the commissioner....that all 32 owners should have a vote. The jist I get is that this is more about the NFL being in the news over the past year and Goodell hasn’t rangled any of it in.  This whole thing started, supposedly because Jerry pushed for an incentive-based contract. 

Good way to spin it Jerry!

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Of course not. You're an Eagles fan. But just don't complain when it happens to you cause Goodell wants to appear tough on "supposed" rule breakers.

try again guy... 

i cant say if zeke did anything, ges certainly not innocent in this whole thing. Good to see where your priorities are though.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

try again guy... 

i cant say if zeke did anything, ges certainly not innocent in this whole thing. Good to see where your priorities are though.

Woops sorry, you seem to get worked up over Jerry, and going after Zeke over basically hearsay. Combine that with your name and yea. Sorry about that.

My priorities are with players in general not getting bullied by the commissioner. Doesn't matter if Zeke was being an idiot or not. Brady also shouldn't have had to go through that either. But this is even more clearcut considering law enforcement didn't think there was a case to be made.

Now maybe you don't care about justice, kinda obvious by your other post. But yea. I would like some actual evidence and a legitimate reason for the punishment.  

Woops sorry, you seem to get worked up over Jerry, and going after Zeke over basically hearsay. Combine that with your name and yea. Sorry about that.

My priorities are with players in general not getting bullied by the commissioner. Doesn't matter if Zeke was being an idiot or not. Brady also shouldn't have had to go through that either. But this is even more clearcut considering law enforcement didn't think there was a case to be made.

Now maybe you don't care about justice, kinda obvious by your other post. But yea. I would like some actual evidence and a legitimate reason for the punishment.  

there certainly is evidence, maybe not enough for a conviction but this didnt come out of nowhere, theres a lot of smoke. we've already seen that zeke is a pos, and theres some stuff thats explainable on his end theres absolutely no reason to say he is either guilty or innocent, its totally up in the air. its clear youre pretty biased, but please continue to talk about justice (which apparently only exists if he was caught on camera beating her).

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again jones can gripe all he wants, its his right, he ignored it when t didn't affect him so he looks like hes throwing a tantrum now. And while its mostly he said/she said in this situation, its the world we live in today. People are going to err on the side of caution,  and it doesnt help Zeke has a concerning history. I mean, he more or less sexually harassed someone and theres photographic proof of that. he deserved a suspension for the totality of his actions, if they want to hide it under this allegation then i dont really care tbh. 

Speak for yourself about being biased. There was enough evidence for an investigation, believe it or not that does not mean the person is guilty. I at least have an argument. You just wanted him guilty because you don't like the guy. And in your own words, you don't care how they punish him so long as they do it. So it means he doesn't even have to be guilty. They could even make something up and you would be ok with it.

So naturally you can see why I mistook you for an Eagles fan. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Speak for yourself about being biased. There was enough evidence for an investigation, believe it or not that does not mean the person is guilty. I at least have an argument. You just wanted him guilty because you don't like the guy. And in your own words, you don't care how they punish him so long as they do it. So it means he doesn't even have to be guilty. They could even make something up and you would be ok with it.

So naturally you can see why I mistook you for an Eagles fan. 

and it doesnt mean its not guilty just because they decided they couldnt get a conviction. i said from teh very beginning that who knows if he did it or not. what i do know is that he deserved a suspension for what hes done.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

and it doesnt mean its not guilty just because they decided they couldnt get a conviction. i said from teh very beginning that who knows if he did it or not. what i do know is that he deserved a suspension for what hes done.

Yea biased. Like I said, don't complain when it happens to one of your guys.

Actually if refs just throw bogus flags against your team during a game. Don't complain, because at one point maybe in that game or in another game they probably deserved it.

Yea biased. Like I said, don't complain when it happens to one of your guys.

Actually if refs just throw bogus flags against your team during a game. Don't complain, because at one point maybe in that game or in another game they probably deserved it.

biased how? by saying he deserves a suspension? Is that even debatable, depending on how severe you definition is he either seually harassed or sexually assaulted a girl on camera. And theres no reason to assume it s a bogus allegation theres evidence on both sides. but hey, footballs way more important than something as silly as beating women. Let the guy play!

ESPN reported Sunday morning that Goodell’s contractual demands, made in early August, included a $50 million annual salary, the lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime insurance for his family.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-goodell-sought-50-million-lifetime-private-jet-new-contract-164400068.html

Apparently wants lifetime insurance for his family in addition to the private jet.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

biased how? by saying he deserves a suspension? Is that even debatable, depending on how severe you definition is he either seually harassed or sexually assaulted a girl on camera. And theres no reason to assume it s a bogus allegation theres evidence on both sides. but hey, footballs way more important than something as silly as beating women. Let the guy play!

Biased by saying you don't care how he gets punished so long as he is. You even say there is no way of knowing he is guilty because both people are liars. But then go on to say he deserves to be punished for something totally unrelated to this incident. How do you not see you're biased?

The entire treatment is unfair, and you're ok with it because you don't like the guy. That's biased. 

And just now, you state clearly that he beat on her. I think it's pretty clear where your stance is. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Biased by saying you don't care how he gets punished so long as he is. You even say there is no way of knowing he is guilty because both people are liars. But then go on to say he deserves to be punished for something totally unrelated to this incident. How do you not see you're biased?

The entire treatment is unfair, and you're ok with it because you don't like the guy. That's biased. 

And just now, you state clearly that he beat on her. I think it's pretty clear where your stance is. 

how exactly is the treatmant unfair?  very serious allegation was made and theres some level of evidence to back it up, the nfl has made it clear that they dont need a court conviction. Again, i dont know if he did it, no one can cause whats out there is that murky. you just wamt to dismiss it why again?

And go back and read again, i never brought elliott into that. its just clear that youre far less concerned if he did/didnt than if he can play or not. hence my comment.

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Good way to spin it Jerry!

Well, I mean, if you want to believe that this is all about Zeke, go ahead. 

Jones is motivated by the love of negotiations (wheelin' and dealin') and, ultimately, making profit.  Right now, he's not in the room with the 6 owners on that Compensation Committee  and you know it eats at him.  The League's image is also taking a hit, which chisels away at Jerry's bottom-line.  The latter being a good reason to have an 'incentive based' contract with Goodell.   

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

how exactly is the treatmant unfair?  very serious allegation was made and theres some level of evidence to back it up, the nfl has made it clear that they dont need a court conviction. Again, i dont know if he did it, no one can cause whats out there is that murky. you just wamt to dismiss it why again?

And go back and read again, i never brought elliott into that. its just clear that youre far less concerned if he did/didnt than if he can play or not. hence my comment.

Uhhhh because they are punishing him for something that could not be proved. I want to dismiss it because it's the right thing to do. Even if he was guilty, that's our law. And really the NFL should work the exact same way. 

but hey, footballs way more important than something as silly as beating women. Let the guy play!

If it can not proven one way or another. Why make such a comment unless you are stating you think he's guilty? Yea pretty sure you were referring Zeke as "the guy".

Archived