Jerry Jones threatening to sue NFL over Goodell

Thelonebillsfan

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jones better be careful or the NFL will find and dig up some skeletons...

oops, too late

Jerry's probably one of the only NFL owners that regularly gets put on blast for anything. His closet has full access.  Remember those TMZ photos of him with those women in a hotel room?  What happened to that? Oh..he got punished a few years later being inducted into the HOF. 

Short of finding him out to be a murderer or rapist, etc.,  there's no way that 24 owners are voting him out.  He greases the wheels and gets deals done for the other owners.  He's got influence.  Unfortunately, there's a small group of owners that don't like him and are pissed that he's pushing back on the Commissioner's extension.

On 11/17/2017 at 12:00 AM, Calvert28 said:

Left out the word sufficient before evidence when I wrote it. Sue me. As for relevant opinions, im willing to bet there are more people who found this whole thing BS then who actually side with Goodell. The NFLPA has already sent out word this entire thing was a sham. 

You're still missing the point. Sufficient is subjective unless we have a defined standard. It's not sufficient for you. But that it's not sufficient for you doesn't much matter.

I'm not defending the process. I'm not saying how it when down is great. I've been pretty clear that I've only been commenting in any of these threads to clear up misconceptions about how the process works and why things have happened the way they have.

Bottom line is the NFLPA has gotten exactly what they bargained for. If they don't like it, maybe they should negotiate better.

3 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

You're still missing the point. Sufficient is subjective unless we have a defined standard. It's not sufficient for you. But that it's not sufficient for you doesn't much matter.

I'm not defending the process. I'm not saying how it when down is great. I've been pretty clear that I've only been commenting in any of these threads to clear up misconceptions about how the process works and why things have happened the way they have.

Bottom line is the NFLPA has gotten exactly what they bargained for. If they don't like it, maybe they should negotiate better.

They can't negotiate better. Let's say a 1696 players in the NFL based off a 53 man roster. The average career of an NFL player is about 3.3 years. Star players can go about 9-10 and if you are a QB or have longevity maybe 15-16 (unless you are GOAT). So the vast majority of players are dragging that down to 3.3 so a ridiculous amount of players are in "I need to get paid fast and my first real contract needs to be massive because I ain't lasting long). So money will always be an issue. If the NFLPA was only representing marquee names who will have a couple of bigtime contracts they would be able to negotiate better. But about 90% of the NFLPA membership is looking at money  and is risking Goodell having stupid power and them not being harmed by it beforehad. 

So it puts players like Brady and Zeke in a bind where they probably wouldn't care as much because they will get paid and have decent careers. They'll get hosed again because the league will flash money and the players will jump at it, and there are not enough that are going to sacrafice an increase in pay for better CBA rules.

While I hate Jones and the Cowboys. he is clearly being a baby about Elliott. However Goodell needs to go... Not deserving of an extension and the owners are prepared to give him everything. This is like deciding which is better between Alzheimer's or Cancer... 

Archived