ITT: MikeT14 tries to rank his 24 most played games of all time.

MikeT14

This thread won't be a ranking of my favorite games ever in order (although most would probably make the list since they've been played the most). I just tried to sit here and rank what I believed to be my 25 most played games of all time. None of this is really pulled from information or Steam or anything, just best guesses. The list (which I arbitrarily made 24 and gave up), is mostly comprised of a lot of games that I have come back to time and time again over the years. 

I never had a Nintendo or Super Nintendo, so you won't find any of those games on here. Breakdowns (and note some games overlap systems): 1 Gameboy, 1 Mobile, 2 N64, 8 PC, 3 Playstation, 4 Playstation 3, 3 Playstation 4, 2 Playstation 5, 1 Sega Genesis, 3 XBox, 3 XBox 360

I tried to keep this with individual games and not series per say (so no NCAA series, Madden series, etc). 

24. NBA Jam: TE
23. THPS2
22. Twisted Metal 2
21. NBA Live 2005
20. Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal
19. Final Fantasy VII
18. Goldeneye
17. Mario Kart
16. The Sims
15. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
14. NCAA Football 06
13. XCom 2/War of the Chosen
12. Age of Empires II
11. Runescape
10. Halo 2
9. Call of Duty: MW2
8. Zeus: Master of Olympus
7. Madden 2004
6. Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
5. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
4. Apex Legends
3. League of Legends
2. NCAA Football 14
1. Hearthstone

I'm curious to hear from you all too. What do you think your most played games ever are?

• Like 4

#24: NBA Jam: T.E. - Sega Genesis/Arcade

maxresdefault.jpg

The original game that led to so many fights with my brother. I would play this for hours and hours - either solo or with my brother, coming up with new and creative ways to play - hot spots, three pointers only, dunks only, etc. Arguing over who got to be the Lakers was always fun (mostly because it's not like their team was even great then). 

giphy.gif

#23: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_2_cover.png

Probably the original game to make me fall in love with soundtracks on video games. 

I spent most of my time in career mode, but a lot of time was spent in free skate trying to rack up the biggest combo so that I could tell my friends and beat their score. I also spent a fair amount of time in level editor trying to create my own fun parks. Bucky Lasek was my go to. 

1461603275-tony-hawk-pro-skater-2.gif?re 

#22: Twisted Metal 2

220px-Twisted_Metal_2.jpg

Boy did I love to play as Axel. Rarely did I play as anyone else. My brother (who usually played as Mr. Slam), and I would run through countless attempts to beat it. We were successful, but not nearly as often as we'd hoped. It wasn't easy for us at age 9 and 7 respectively. Paris was probably my favorite level. I did manage to see everyone's ending at some point though. Trying to remember who I had the hardest time with. I think it was Grasshopper. 

q_JMHj.gif

• Like 1

Not in order:

College Hoops 2k8, Xbox 360

Madden 2003, Gamecube

Madden 2005, Gamecube

Madden 2007, Gamecube

Mario 64, Nintendo 64

MVP Baseball 2005, Gamecube

NBA 2k11, Xbox 360

NBA 2k17, Xbox1

NBA Live 06, Gamecube

NBA Street V3, Gamecube

NCAA Football 13, Xbox 360

NCAA Football 14, Xbox 360

Paper Mario, Nintendo 64

Pokemon Gold version, Gameboy Color 

Pokemon Red version, Gameboy Color 

Pokemon Silver version, Gameboy Color 

Pokemon Yellow version, Gameboy Color 

Super Mario World, Super Nintendo

Star Wars Podracing, Nintendo 64

WWE 2k14, Xbox1

I never really owned any games other than sports, wrestling, Pokemon or Mario stuff. If I wanted to play Gears, Smash, Zelda, Arkham, etc. I would do that at friends houses or on my roommates consoles.

18 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I never really owned any games other than sports, wrestling, Pokemon or Mario stuff. If I wanted to play Gears, Smash, Zelda, Arkham, etc. I would do that at friends houses or on my roommates consoles.

You and I will probably share one or two on my list 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

You and I will probably share one or two on my list 😉

Well Twisted Metal 2 was one of the games I played most with my neighbors as a kid so I think we're already there 😎

• Like 1

#21: NBA Live 2005

The introduction of the complete All-Star Weekend with a lot of tricks did it for me. I loved the slam dunk contest in this. But my absolute favorite addition to this was being able to jump into a game mid game as it simmed. Often I would see my team in a tight one after three quarters and I would play the 4th. I LOVED that. 

Nbalive05_cover.jpg

This was senior year of high school for me. I took dual enrollment classes, so I didn't actually go in to high school until around 11 am. So MWF I had about 1.5 hours to play every morning, and TTh even longer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

#21: NBA Live 2005

This game was awesome, was right when I was really into basketball. I loved the abilities they added to players ex sharpshooter, highflyer etc. Dunk contest as you said was awesome too, it was so hard

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Oh wow, I haven't touched the game in 20ish years but I think I primarily used the cop car and the tank. Outlaw?

Outlaw yeah. Warthog was the commando vehicle, and I think Minion was a tank but also a boss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Dude the "outside scorer" ability was so fun. I'd spam that weird one leg fadeaway like crazy with star guards.

The fadeaway where you like didn't move your arms at all to shoot lol it looked so goofy. Yao Ming was goated in that game

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

The fadeaway where you like didn't move your arms at all to shoot lol it looked so goofy. Yao Ming was goated in that game

Any guard I played against was goated 🤣

I gave zero F's on D. Beno Udrih would drop 40 on me routinely. I totally forgot until I looked up the trailer but they had that alley oop button! I spammed that too because you could throw them from anywhere. Oh man that game was fun.

• Like 1