Top 5 teams you're most excited to watch in 2022

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

And the prospect of playing behind a line of turnstiles in such a situation is rightly disconcerting. 

He was sacked 20 times in 13 games last season, lol. He literally looks labored when he has to push the ball down the field.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He was sacked 20 times in 13 games last season, lol. He literally looks labored when he has to push the ball down the field.

Is this supposed to be a suggestion that his line isn't trash? He has low sack numbers because he gets the ball out so quickly - he has to do that because... his line is trash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Is this supposed to be a suggestion that his line isn't trash? He has low sack numbers because he gets the ball out so quickly - he has to do that because... his line is trash.

Even from a clean pocket with time to throw it literally looks physically painful when he's loading up and swinging his body into throws to push the ball down the field. His arm was just okay before he had one of the worst possible injuries you can have in sports. And there's a reason why Teddy hinted he was coming to Miami to start, lol.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even from a clean pocket with time to throw it literally looks physically painful when he's loading up and swinging his body into throws to push the ball down the field. His arm was just okay before he had one of the worst possible injuries you can have in sports. And there's a reason why Teddy hinted he was coming to Miami to start, lol.

I thought the quote from Teddy when asked about his position here in Miami was something to the effect “that’s an in-house subject matter, I’m talking about that”?

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I guess I’m just not allowed to be excited about watching Miami in 2022 because you don’t like Tua’s throwing motion. 

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I guess I’m just not allowed to be excited about watching Miami in 2022 because you don’t like Tua’s throwing motion. 

You can be whatever you want to be, lol. I just don't expect Tua to take off when he has one of the worst arms amongst starting QB's in the NFL.

1 Chargers - Seeing what the Rams did by bringing a Superbowl home to LA, I think the Chargers now have the pressure on them to do the same. Not just the pressure of them as a team but Herbert to make the playoffs after seeing what Burrow did with the Bengals and not just make the playoffs but take them to the Superbowl. Then I think about the head coach Staley whom is from the McVay coaching tree. We saw what Zac Taylor did and most people were higher on Staley as a head coaching candidate than Taylor. Plus I just love the moves the Chargers made by keeping Williams, then trading for Mack, and signing both SJD and Jackson. The Chargers have everything they need to come out of the AFC and not just make the Superbowl but win it. The question will be, will they actually do it? Plus Im circling Rams v Chargers at Sofi. Technically its a Chargers home game but we know whose house it is...RAMS HOUSE!!!

2 Broncos - I love the addition of Russ. The pressure is all on him bc he wanted out of Seattle. He wanted to be in an offense that will let him be him. He has that now with the Broncos. I love their defense and they added more nice pieces on that side of the ball. I think we see the old Russ who used to use his legs more often. With the Seahawks I think he mentally checked out more than anything and thats why he seemed to scale back and had everyone wondering why he wasnt running more like he used too? This Broncos team has a chance to be dangerRUSS and thats why Im so high on them to not only win the AFCW but get to the Superbowl out of the AFC.

3 Dolphins - This team has definition of potential most fun to watch. They bring in McDaniels from the Niners who will implement his version of Kyle type offense. They traded for Hill and already have Waddle and Gesicki. Not to mention they have Edmunds and I think Mostert. Then they upgraded the OL with Armstead and Williams. You have to think Tua is more talented than Jimmy G is within the type of offense McDaniels is going to want to run that this offense has a chance to be extremely dangerous and fun to watch. The defense I think is very solid. People are sleeping on the Dolphins but it wouldnt shock me if they made the playoffs and finish 2nd in the AFCE ahead of the Pats and maybe even give the Bills a push to win the division.

4 Rams - Im just thinking of having a full season with Akers, ARob on the team and he fits the type of receiver that Stafford loves, plus Kupp, and maybe bring back OBJ for another late season push when he comes back in November. This offense should be even better than last season. Plus Im still hopeful the Rams can sign Wagner bc the Rams havent had that caliber of inside linebacker since London Fletcher back in the day. Then we know the Rams love to make in season big trades before or at the trade deadline if they feel they need to fill a spot. Right now that spot would be adding another pass rusher since the lost Von or an outside corner since they lost Williams. So they will see how things go to start the season but if things dont seem right at those spots dont be shocked if they make another Von type of trade in season to bring in a big time guy. So Im always excited to watch this Rams team continue to be aggressive to make playoff push. They now will have repeating on their mind. Its not going to be easy and they know it.

5 Bengals - They went to work by upgrading the OL. The defense played great in the playoffs so Im interested to see if they can carry it over into the regular season this upcoming season. Im excited to see how this team does when Burrow isnt being sacked 70 times. Now they have a taste of not just playoff success but getting to the Superbowl, how will they do? We know its even harder for Superbowl losing teams to not just get back to the Superbowl but even make the playoffs the next season. So Im excited to see if Burrow and company will make sure they wont be a part of that trend. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So only QBs with elite arm strength can run successful offenses? 

Never said that but having below average arm strength certainly limits what you can do as an offense which is why Waddle, one of the fastest WR in the NFL, averaged less than 10 ypc last season, lol. Lets revisit this later, if Tua transcends I'll gladly eat crow. 

4 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

49ers - New QB, same team

Dolphins - Tua development? Use of weapons? Mike McDaniels calling the shots on offense?

Bengals - Joe Burrow and those weapons with an OL?

Broncos - Is Russ cooking full time? Do weapons reach their potential?

Raiders - DC to DA like Fresno days? Josh’s second shot at HC? For me personally, watching Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby get after the QB together should be fun.

^ I was thinking those first three teams and reasons before I posted. 100% agree.

Although I have to face MMD twice a year, I think he’s got a crafty offense with dynamic players to boot. It’ll be interesting to see what he does with Tua running his offense.

Denver is going to be one of the most exciting offenses. I’m a big fan of the Sutton/Jeudy combo, and hopefully they can hit their stride. Javante Williams is a hard and explosive runner 

Joey B showed the world what he can really do. Can he carry over the success from this season in an AFC that is as reloaded as his offensive line?

Personally, I’m also going to add the Chargers. Ekeler is a hell of a player. Keenan and Mike always ball out. Can Justin Herbert come out of his division with a playoff bid finally?

Some exciting football ahead of us no doubt 🙏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

because we were calling nothing but short passing plays to accommodate the non-existent blocking.

was good scheming by our offensive coaching staff, but our OL was cripping all the same.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

because we were calling nothing but short passing plays to accommodate the non-existent blocking.

was good scheming by our offensive coaching staff, but our OL was cripping all the same.

I just distinctly remember watching him for fantasy football purposes and him struggling to push the ball down the field. Maybe things can change though, just not a fan of Tua.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just distinctly remember watching him for fantasy football purposes and him struggling to push the ball down the field. Maybe things can change though, just not a fan of Tua.

I watched every snap of his in his career and have no concern about his arm strength. He did have issues with passing a bit after he came back from injury for a few games (notably his pass velocity), but that was moreso to do with the fractured finger on his throwing hand. Not that it really mattered considering the offense we were running.

By far my main concern with Tua is his durability.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I watched every snap of his in his career and have no concern about his arm strength. He did have issues with passing a bit after he came back from injury for a few games, but that was moreso to do with the fractured finger on his throwing hand. Not that it really mattered considering the offense we were running.

By far my main concern with Tua is his durability.

One positive for Miami this season is that you'll get an answer on Tua this year. If he can't do it with this group then he's not the guy to build around going forward.