Top 5 teams you're most excited to watch in 2022

notthatbluestuff

On 4/2/2022 at 3:37 AM, 43M said:

Burrow?  Watson?  Jackson?

no way whatever GIF

The Mitchburgh Steelers about to dominate the AFC North.

Seriously though...not many teams really intrigue me any more than normal.   I am curious to see how the 49ers do with Lance, to see if the Chargers can finally get over the hump with all that talent, and how Juju does as number 1 with Mahomes snd the Chiefs.   But there is only one team that really intrigues me and that Ill be watching closely...

The Cleveland Browns.

They finally....FINALLY have a roster and QB (well, maybe) that should be able to all but guarantee them some real success for the first time...pretty much in my life.  And oddly enough, I hope it happens.   Watsons baggage aside, their fans deserve to see their team do something besides disappoint them for once....and they have the means to do it.   That being said...I still have questions about how good Watson will actually end up being for them.   I dont expect him to suck or anything, but will he return to being a top 5 QB?  He is playing for probably the most talented team he has been on, but there are other things to consider...

1) How will all his baggage and being away from the game over a year affect him mentally?

2)   How will playing in a much tougher division affect him?   He dominated in a pretty weak division several years.    Will he raise his game?

3)  How will playing in harsher climate conditions affect him?    He no longer gets to play at least 11 games in either a dome or relatively decent southern weather.   How will he handle brutal, smashmouth games in northeastern December/January weather?   

All fair questions, and things I've questioned myself.

Maybe his off the field drama will impact his play. And going from playing in warm weather and domes in the AFC South to harsher conditions against tougher teams in the AFC North could prove to be a challenge.

I still think he'll be very good, but I could see him being not as good. At least this year.

• Like 1

Chargers - IMO Herbert is the most exciting player to watch in the NFL

Dolphins - Will be interesting to see McDaniel offense with Waddle, Hill, Gesicki, Mostert, Edmonds, etc... Their o-line should be vastly improved and I am a believer that Tua can be a good/great quarterback

49ers - Will be interesting to see the Trey Lance lead offense

Ravens - Call me crazy but I think Ravens are a top Super Bowl Contender. I think they match up with every team pretty well.

Raiders - Everyone's talking about the improvements the Broncos and Chargers have made but Raiders weren't that far off..now they added Adams and chandler Jones.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Must be exciting to no longer have a sexual predator as the face of the franchise. 

Keep is classy troll, really unnecessary comment, don't quote me with this b.s.

In all seriousness I am excited for the new era.

Edited by wwhickok

People are in for a surprise if they think Watson will be suspended this year. Dude's going to fight his civil trials and they won't take place until 2023. And the NFL has already said they're not going to make a decision on punishment until after the trials are over.

Dude will be playing a full 2022 season, and if he does get suspended for 2023, it'll be a smaller one.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, Vee-Rex said:

People are in for a surprise if they think Watson will be suspended this year. Dude's going to fight his civil trials and they won't take place until 2023. And the NFL has already said they're not going to make a decision on punishment until after the trials are over.

Dude will be playing a full 2022 season, and if he does get suspended for 2023, it'll be a smaller one.

And that would be poetic with the way his contract is set up

• Like 1

Denver super bowl winning qb excellent defense

Kc probably going to draft Williams wr plus Watson wr North Dakota State.

This will be the highest scoring team for the next 5 years. 

LA can they due it again without a middle of the road receiver and top defensive end for 700,000

Baltimore Lamar has not played a complete season in 2 years.

Cincinnati if they hit on there lineman may have the best record in the Afc.

The Chargers and the Bengals. I am a die hard Packers fan at heart, but I do find myself rooting for these teams on the regular.

Herbert, Allen, MWill on O. Derwin James, Bosa and Mack on D!

Burrow to Chase is just ******* electric. That DL was the biggest surprise to me in the playoffs, they played great. Also with the additions to the OL, Burrow should be even more successful. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:50 AM, DawgX said:

All fair questions, and things I've questioned myself.

Maybe his off the field drama will impact his play. And going from playing in warm weather and domes in the AFC South to harsher conditions against tougher teams in the AFC North could prove to be a challenge.

I still think he'll be very good, but I could see him being not as good. At least this year.

Excellent point.Proud Of You Reaction GIF

• Like 1