New Mock Draft With TRADES

Nickpeloso17

5 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

I actually had it being a 3rd this year originally, switched it because I think Philly might prefer picks next year with so many already on deck for this year

Is moving from 25 to 19 worth a 2nd?

Probably not.  But I think if the choice is a '22 3rd or a '23 SRP, I think both teams would prefer the 3rd this year.

1 hour ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

What do you think their options look like at pick 20? Might have them trading down with Pittsburgh in my next mock, still focusing on defense there or maybe an iOL?

I feel like either of the trenches are the primary focus. So maybe Zion, Linderbaum or Wyatt I just feel like the falcons are in an ideal position to just hold true to their board. So if someone slips down and is BPA you really can’t go wrong. Edge Rusher, IOL even WR if the number 1 option is there. 

Edited by iloxygenil

Why isn't Seattle taking Willis at #9? They are okay going into the season with Drew Lock? Is Geno Smith really an option for them? The Steelers have Trubisky, Rudolph, and Haskins. Two former 1st round picks, and last year's backup. They've all been told they are competing for QB1 for 2022. It seems like a decent QB room, and I am not sure bringing in Willis does the team any good when they need WR, S, LB, and OT more.

1 hour ago, cjfollett said:

Why isn't Seattle taking Willis at #9? They are okay going into the season with Drew Lock? Is Geno Smith really an option for them? The Steelers have Trubisky, Rudolph, and Haskins. Two former 1st round picks, and last year's backup. They've all been told they are competing for QB1 for 2022. It seems like a decent QB room, and I am not sure bringing in Willis does the team any good when they need WR, S, LB, and OT more.

Don’t understand this argument at all, sure Seattle could use him but doesn’t your argument against Pittsburgh taking Willis work the same as Seattle..? Using that logic Seattle has former 1st and 2nd round guys at QB themselves

Also if they don’t think Willis is the guy, they don’t take him. Same reason the Panthers, Falcons, Giants and others passed on Justin Fields last year

Both could use Willis, Pittsburgh has shown the most interest so I think they trade up. If Seattle wants to roll with Lock for the year and look around in 2023 they’ll pass

5 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Don’t understand this argument at all, sure Seattle could use him but doesn’t your argument against Pittsburgh taking Willis work the same as Seattle..? Using that logic Seattle has former 1st and 2nd round guys at QB themselves

Also if they don’t think Willis is the guy, they don’t take him. Same reason the Panthers, Falcons, Giants and others passed on Justin Fields last year

Both could use Willis, Pittsburgh has shown the most interest so I think they trade up. If Seattle wants to roll with Lock for the year and look around in 2023 they’ll pass

It's all good in the end anyways Lets get that pitts Falcons trade rolling seattle won't have to worry about it bwhahahaha :D 

As for players i think would be good choices for us at 20 i would say  

Karlaftis a good edge rusher is solid for us there we didn't even reach 20 sacks last year as a team.  Some single players had more than our whole team.

Linderbaum - Lord knows outside of Lindstrom and Matthews we
could use o-line help somewhere.

Olave - Not a bad player at all and we can use some WR help as well although i prefer WR in 2nd round i think position is super deep.

Lloyd or Dean - We can probably use some LB help as well depending on what we do with a struggling Deion Jones or a up and coming mykal walker.

Devonte Wyatt - We all like good interior D-lineman and we might trade Grady for cap space this year and get a guy who fits the 3-4 better.

Last but not least - Depending who falls or gets moved down with us not taking Davis there someone in the top 15 might fall here for BPA value and we for sure go BPA under Fontenot this might end up being best choice of all.   

Notes: 

- i love the Seahawks trade. I do believe that Matt Corral is the perfect fit for them at QB, and he would be available in the later 1st/early 2nd. Based on your draft, i could see them going LLoyd at 20, then trading back up in the 1st round(maybe with Detroit at 32; 

- If the Falcons don't go Willis at 8, i'm going WR(G.Wilson) or Jermaine Johnson(DE FSU)

Notes: 

- i love the Seahawks trade. I do believe that Matt Corral is the perfect fit for them at QB, and he would be available in the later 1st/early 2nd. Based on your draft, i could see them going LLoyd at 20, then trading back up in the 1st round(maybe with Detroit at 32; 

- If the Falcons don't go Willis at 8, i'm going WR(G.Wilson) or Jermaine Johnson(DE FSU)

Notes: 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:24 AM, THE DUKE said:

Good pick for the Bengals, I could see either of McCreary or Gordon there given how the first 30 picks played out.  The Bengals almost never trade up, but I think they could move up in front of the Chiefs for Elam with the Packers without it costing that much in draft capital if Elam makes it to the mid-late 20's.

I could also see that trade up, but honestly, McCreary fits them to a T with leadership qualities that Taylor now actively looks for.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 10:54 AM, Nickpeloso17 said:

If Willis falls to 20, I think they would draft him. I just don't see them jumping up to 9. Anything is possible tho.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, Nickpeloso17 said:

others passed on Justin Fields last year

I just don't understand comparing all these running QBs to Fields. They are completely different. I'm not here to judge Fields good or bad its the comparison that I question. My opinion it foolish, especially in this case Willis.

Justin Fields went up against the elite in college football you can make a better judgement on his talent at the next level. You have a better idea when he's playing NFL's 33 team, Bama !!!

The other QB's such as Love , Lance and now Willis  are hyped on physical ability that have little to do with playing QB in the NFL.  How can anyone say Willis is a 1st RD pick when you have nothing on tape that show he can play in the NFL.

His tape in college. Auburn 2nd team reps, games against Community colleges and a All Star game which he basically was a RB!!!! Who judges someone on a All Star game!

Its so easy to forecast the draft however if you had to bet your house on a player you pick, it would be a lot different.  GM don't have the luxury to say Oh well we missed on this one!!!   Oh wait, some do, just look at the crap teams that make foolish picks year in and year out. 

Leave the Mac Jones out of this but the Niners fans, should be pissed that they didn't go with Fields over Lance., at least you have some idea what your getting with Fields. It laughable when you hear/ see in a argument that we will teach him how to play QB or with his legs he can turn a bad play into ...

Yeah, Fields is a much better athlete and more proven commodity than Willis or any of the other QBs in this year's draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggled again in 2022 given the Bears have lost Allen Robinson and James Daniels without comparable upgrades. Not sure what they are doing but it looks like they are willingly taking a step back. Maybe the plan is to get a high pick in 2023 they can trade to someone who wants to draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?