Todd Bowles gets five year extension

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So who is the play caller?  Bowles?  Rogers 1st half of games?  Foote 2nd half?

Is Bowles gonna follow the BA route and just manage the team and let his coordinators coach?

Would be ideal. Not because I don't like Bowles' playcalling, but because I like the idea of letting your coaches coach.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Is Bowles gonna follow the BA route and just manage the team and let his coordinators coach?

Would be ideal. Not because I don't like Bowles' playcalling, but because I like the idea of letting your coaches coach.

I would hope so.  On offense, Goodwin is Assistant HC and run game coordinator.  My gut feeling is that Foote will be the playcaller and Rogers will have the Goodwin role on defense.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I would hope so.  On offense, Goodwin is Assistant HC and run game coordinator.  My gut feeling is that Foote will be the playcaller and Rogers will have the Goodwin role on defense.

Yeah. The only change on offense is BA no longer has final say on the scripted plays. Which is honestly probably an upgrade. Lefty seems far more flexible than BA's stubborn ***. Brady should pick the plays there without any push back.

Defensively. Man. Is Bowles gonna override guys at times like BA did on offense? He seems far less stubborn. Which is easy to be. These are all guys he's worked with for years (on multiple teams). I'd like to think he lets them do their thing.

Bowles is soft spoken. But has the respect of players across the league. He doesn't need to get in there and throw his weight around as a playcaller. Not that BA did, but he did it anyway.

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

WTF... A five year extension? Nothing like pushing all your chips into the table on your first hand of the deck...

Hopefully Bowles takes the route of some of the other successful HC's that failed miserably their 1st time around, but bounced back at that 2nd HC gig. 

He helped win a SB for the team.  Also, with the current Flores situation, I'm confident the league has nudged clubs to not give out shorter contracts to minority coaches.  Good news for Bowles to get more money in his pocket.