Todd Bowles gets five year extension

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Bowles is a smart man.  You don t get in the way of a GOAT QB.  

Sounds like he's gonna do with the offense what BA did with him and the defense.

BA was pretty open about letting Bowles run things however he wanted.

I honestly think this is a great move for us. Sorry BA. I think Arians is a great person but he's also too set in his ways with his offensive philosophy. I think Bowles will be more of an executive letting his coordinators coach. Not sure i am a fan of the co-DC's as i'd like to see it go to Foote. 

Offensively i think Byron and Brady will form a more diverse offense. I don't think BA and Brady were at odds and had a horrible relationship. But i do think there were disagreements on the whole verticals offensive scheme that built in little underneath routes or routes to scheme guys open underneath. 

I think BA sees a ton of upside in Bowles and felt he got a raw deal in NY. I mean - look at that string of coaches and he's the only one that got them to a 9-7 record with Ryan Fitzpatrick as a full time starter. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I honestly think this is a great move for us. Sorry BA. I think Arians is a great person but he's also too set in his ways with his offensive philosophy. I think Bowles will be more of an executive letting his coordinators coach. Not sure i am a fan of the co-DC's as i'd like to see it go to Foote. 

Offensively i think Byron and Brady will form a more diverse offense. I don't think BA and Brady were at odds and had a horrible relationship. But i do think there were disagreements on the whole verticals offensive scheme that built in little underneath routes or routes to scheme guys open underneath. 

I think BA sees a ton of upside in Bowles and felt he got a raw deal in NY. I mean - look at that string of coaches and he's the only one that got them to a 9-7 record with Ryan Fitzpatrick as a full time starter. 

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we didn't win the super bowl. 

We'll probably see Brady at the table at the draft too. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we didn't win the super bowl. 

We'll probably see Brady at the table at the draft too. 

Its possible. I'm not sure. But maybe those brady to Miami rumors were somewhat true to get BA out. At the end of the day - BA and Tom had different offensive philosophies and I feel Tom was more detailed and hard nosed into preparation than BA was. I mean - BA let all of his starters take the entire offseason off minus the June mandatory minicamp. That's unheard of. And all year in big games it looked as if the players weren't dialed in.

I listened to Colin Cowherd and he had a good take on Bowles. Bowles won't be a control freak and will let the offense be in Byron and Tom's full control - where i expect more balanced attack and not have Tom lead the league in Pass Attempts. Sure that no risk it no biscuit style of offense was entertaining but at the end of the day - it was also not the most intelligent or consistent scheme either. 

19 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm guessing the Brady to Miami thing is gonna be after his final/official retirement. He just took some time off to go see what he'd be going into.

I mean - brady loves football. Could he really become GM of the Dolphins when he hangs it up? I can see it. Lynch has done a nice job in SF without any scouting background except film study from his broadcast analyst gig.