RamRod

General Season Talk

3 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Rapp had 99 tackles while only starting 10’games. Gosh dayum. 

Can he cover though?

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

Can he cover though?

Yes he can, but like all rookies and young players he'll make some mistakes. 

5 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yes he can, but like all rookies and young players he'll make some mistakes. 

Safeties are the position I'm the least concerned with going into this new scheme.  Assuming we run a similar variant to Fangio's scheme, JJJ and Rapp are ideal in that both a versatile.  Neither is absolutely ideal to sit and play the deep-third, but both are capable of doing it if called upon; Fangio in particular loved disguising the coverage by not giving away pre-snap which safety was playing which role so that QB's couldn't make adjustments (this is one thing of note that flustered the hell out of Goff and McVay to the tune of two interceptions in the medium zone where Goff thought one of the safeties were going to carry the targeted receivers and the ILB and slot CB - off a tipped ball - slipped in for the pick).

Found a post on IG from @rams.united with the caption "Found this online from someone associated with Nike. I can't confirm". Take it with a grain of salt, but the note reads..

"The new colors are a new, deeper, richer navy, a darker golder yellow, and white. The new Logo is a sideview of a Ram horn that abstractly looks like an LA. The helmet is new navy with a matte finish that features thicker horns in the new yellow with a shiny finish. Home jersesys are navy with yellow numbers. Yellow horns line the collar and swoop around the shoulders. Away jerseys are white with navy numbers, yellow sleeves and navy horns. Alternates are yellow with navy numbers and navy horns. There are three sets of pants, navy with a yellow stripe, yellow with a navy stripe, and white with a navy stripe. All can be worn interchangeably".

Now, the context of this type of post is suspicious, "Something i found online from someone from Nike", BUT the color scheme matches the Happy New Year post colors to a tee from the offical Rams page. I actually expect leaks and info to start trickling out around now so the timing makes sense as well. Also, I was expecting matte helmet for some reason.

Only thing that bothers me is not fully understanding "Horns line the collar and swoop around the shoulders"; sounds kind of Arena league if I'm picturing it correctly. I'm not a huge fan of navy vs. royal blue, but is what it is. Let's get everyones thoughts. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Found a post on IG from @rams.united with the caption "Found this online from someone associated with Nike. I can't confirm". Take it with a grain of salt, but the note reads..

"The new colors are a new, deeper, richer navy, a darker golder yellow, and white. The new Logo is a sideview of a Ram horn that abstractly looks like an LA. The helmet is new navy with a matte finish that features thicker horns in the new yellow with a shiny finish. Home jersesys are navy with yellow numbers. Yellow horns line the collar and swoop around the shoulders. Away jerseys are white with navy numbers, yellow sleeves and navy horns. Alternates are yellow with navy numbers and navy horns. There are three sets of pants, navy with a yellow stripe, yellow with a navy stripe, and white with a navy stripe. All can be worn interchangeably".

Now, the context of this type of post is suspicious, "Something i found online from someone from Nike", BUT the color scheme matches the Happy New Year post colors to a tee from the offical Rams page. I actually expect leaks and info to start trickling out around now so the timing makes sense as well. Also, I was expecting matte helmet for some reason.

Only thing that bothers me is not fully understanding "Horns line the collar and swoop around the shoulders"; sounds kind of Arena league if I'm picturing it correctly. I'm not a huge fan of navy vs. royal blue, but is what it is. Let's get everyones thoughts. 

Doesn't sound too bad if true, although the logo being a ram horn that looks like an LA could be really nice or really cheesy. I wish they just kept the ram head as the logo.

But the most important thing is that the horns are staying on the helmet. 

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Same thing was posted on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngelesRams/comments/eoryox/ive_got_info_on_the_new_rams_uniforms_coming_this/

Side note: Turf Show Times is far and away my least favorite Rams associated site. They are so bad. Idk why I brought that up because they've legit done nothing wrong to me but man. They are not good.

Edited by btfd16
Link

2 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Side note: Turf Show Times is far and away my least favorite Rams associated site. They are so bad. Idk why I brought that up because they've legit done nothing wrong to me but man. They are not good.

There's some good writers they use to have but in general I find their content to be awful. I remember they tweeted this year after the Cowboys game that none of the players that played defensively will play in the regular season matchup which was one of the silliest statements I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

There's some good writers they use to have but in general I find their content to be awful. I remember they tweeted this year after the Cowboys game that none of the players that played defensively will play in the regular season matchup which was one of the silliest statements I've seen. 

They have completely given in to the engagement era and been so dramatic just to get clicks or replies. Then after they post a hot take, I see them go the "better than thou" or condescending route on some fans. I had to unfollow this week.

Just a thought...

With OBJ back in the media now with this "cop spanking incident", mixed with his "come get me" comments throughout the season, and a new HC...he could be available for trade.

I think Cooks+4th for ODB would be fair. 

ODB is a $14.25Mil cap hit + $2.75Mil dead money.

Cooks is $16.8Mil cap hit + $21.8Mil dead money.

Not sure how the dead money piece could be negotiated, if we can agree to get Cleveland to take on some of that. It we could, I'd be willing to explore it. I don't view ODB negatively as some do and think he wants to be in LA based on previous rumors. 

Fully expect this idea to be ripped to shreds by posters here lol , but it's that dead time of year. Go on...

Edited by BStanRamFan

I don’t think McVay would welcome that circus into the locker room and I’d have to agree with him, don’t want him either.

25 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don’t think McVay would welcome that circus into the locker room and I’d have to agree with him, don’t want him either.

To be fair, we've acquired circus/big personality players before (Peters, Ramsey kind of) and were rumored to try and get him the first time around. Just playing devil's advocate, I don't see it happening. But weirder things have happened.

11 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

To be fair, we've acquired circus/big personality players before (Peters, Ramsey kind of) and were rumored to try and get him the first time around. Just playing devil's advocate, I don't see it happening. But weirder things have happened.

Those guys you named are nothing like an OBJ or AB circus though and those two just keep getting worse.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Those guys you named are nothing like an OBJ or AB circus though and those two just keep getting worse.

AB and OBJ are not in the same breathe.  Common misconception amongst average fan. OBJ's antics are miniscule and blown out of proportion by the media. He's just that type of polarizing personality. Keeping it about football, he's been suspended one game in his entire career for his hit on Josh Norman. No drugs, no actual legal incidents(besides this butt smack nonsense), no performance enhancement issues, etc. It's just peoples off-field perception that get in the way. He is a top 5 talent heading into the prime of his career. 

Also, you can quote me. It's OK;)

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just a thought...

With OBJ back in the media now with this "cop spanking incident", mixed with his "come get me" comments throughout the season, and a new HC...he could be available for trade.

Not sure how the dead money piece could be negotiated, if we can agree to get Cleveland to take on some of that. It we could, I'd be willing to explore it. I don't view ODB negatively as some do and think he wants to be in LA based on previous rumors. 

Fully expect this idea to be ripped to shreds by posters here lol , but it's that dead time of year. Go on...

Honestly I'd do it in a heartbeat. Many people want to get rid of Cooks and this would present an amazing opportunity to do just that. Odell doesn't carry the same cap hits or cap penalties if we cut him that Cooks would, so at worst we trade and cut. At best we get a superstar talent at a cheaper price than it would have been to keep Cooks. Creative problem solving.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just a thought...

I'd like OBJ. I am not an expert on the dead money but if that could be negotiated to a degree I'd want to entertain it. I think ultimately though, it would be too costly.