RamRod

General Season Talk

52 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's just peoples off-field perception that get in the way. He is a top 5 talent heading into the prime of his career. 

Except its not just off-field perception. And that was also evident this year.. While I wouldnt straight up call him a problem to the teams he is on, he is clearly a nuisance or an annoyance with his antics. 

You want to be looked at/treated as a baller, a stud, one of the best in the game, then show up and do it all on the field first, for longer stretches than a handful or two of games.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except its not just off-field perception. And that was also evident this year.. While I wouldnt straight up call him a problem to the teams he is on, he is clearly a nuisance or an annoyance with his antics. 

You want to be looked at/treated as a baller, a stud, one of the best in the game, then show up and do it all on the field first, for longer stretches than a handful or two of games.

OBJ probably made ONE comment to a QB after a game in a joking manner. "Hey man good game, hows it going Cleveland"..."AHhh ya gotta come get me dude haha catch you later"

Then some ball boy hears that, goes to a journalist and says OBJ WANTS OUT, SAYS COME GET ME TO JIMMY G. And now every time he daps someone up after a game he's telling them to go get him and they snap pictures of it. It's a joke. Hes not running to the media and saying these things, they're printing it about him with second hand info. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just a thought...

I think Cooks+4th for ODB would be fair. 

ODB is a $14.25Mil cap hit + $2.75Mil dead money.

Cooks is $16.8Mil cap hit + $21.8Mil dead money.

This is just not going to happen, because it would cost us $1m more on the cap to trade him than to keep him on the roster ($17.8m hit) PLUS we would then have to pay all of OBJs $14.25m salary.

We arent going to pay over $32m into one receiver spot on this roster

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is just not going to happen, because it would cost us $1m more on the cap to trade him than to keep him on the roster ($17.8m hit) PLUS we would then have to pay all of OBJs $14.25m salary.

We arent going to pay over $32m into one receiver spot on this roster

Im aware I do not know much about Cap Analysis, but it can't be that two teams decide to trade two players and 1 team is on the hook for both salaries cap wise. If you can explain to me how it works in detail, I'd really appreciate it. If I knew that, I obviously wouldn't of suggested the trade. 

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Hes not running to the media and saying these things, they're printing it about him with second hand info. 

He doesnt have to when the entire sideline heard it.

And thats not even what Im talking about. Its the Watch, its the shoes, its the money at LSU these are all just really dumb things that winning teams dont put up with. And its not a "hes too cocky" thing. The best WR in the League right now is the cockiest player in the League, His twitter handle is literally CantGuardMike, and you dont see him going out there every week with all this distracting bs.

He has immense talent, but he has not show that he is consistently worth the headache that he brings. If you know the history of the league, some guys just arent winning players, and until he stops with the immaturity, OBJ falls into that category

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Im aware I do not know much about Cap Analysis, but it can't be that two teams decide to trade two players and 1 team is on the hook for both salaries cap wise. If you can explain to me how it works in detail, I'd really appreciate it. If I knew that, I obviously wouldn't of suggested the trade. 

When you trade a player, all you are on the hook for is the pro-rated dollars from bonuses that have already been paid. So basically the Signing bonus in most cases. And some other bonuses like Option Bonuses. Roster Bonuses usually transfer to the new team, depending on when the trade occurs

OBJ is a very odd/special case. He was already traded once in this contract, so all Signing Bonuses were paid by the Giants. So the Browns wouldnt really be on the hook for anything if they trade him again, it would just be the Rams that absorb his entire base salary ($14.25m)

But Cooks on the other hand, is still with his team (the Rams) that signed him to his deal, and all the bonuses he has are still being "paid out" as far as the Salary Cap is concerned. 

• Signing Bonus remaining $4.2m ($1.4 for the next 3 years) 
  • Option Bonus remaining $13.6m ($3.4m for the next 4 years)
  • For a total of $17.8m against the Salary Cap

So while ing this scenario, the Browns would still be paying Cooks his $8m base salary and his $4m roster bonus for 2020, all the dollars we still owe him in Salary Cap numbers, would escalate all into this year, as well as paying OBJ all of his Base Salary.

Real time Money is very different than Salary Cap money

I don't want OBJ anywhere near this team. He pulled his antics in NY and got traded. Then he pulled the same crap in CLE. What makes everyone think he wouldn't do it here, especially in a town like Los Angeles? 

The guy's talent is not worth his immaturity. 

11 hours ago, JonStark said:

I don't want OBJ anywhere near this team. He pulled his antics in NY and got traded. Then he pulled the same crap in CLE. What makes everyone think he wouldn't do it here, especially in a town like Los Angeles? 

The guy's talent is not worth his immaturity. 

The money doesn't work anyways. So don't fret.

It kills me seeing SF in the SuperBowl. Yes, we lost both games, but played them down to the wire the 2nd time around. They ran through the NFC this year in the playoffs; felt like Minn and GB were weak teams. I only thought NOLA and SEA could knock them off, but it never came to that.

Oh well. NFC West is the best division in football so we can hang our hats on that. Go Mahomes!

23 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It kills me seeing SF in the SuperBowl. Yes, we lost both games, but played them down to the wire the 2nd time around. They ran through the NFC this year in the playoffs; felt like Minn and GB were weak teams. I only thought NOLA and SEA could knock them off, but it never came to that.

Oh well. NFC West is the best division in football so we can hang our hats on that. Go Mahomes!

Just hope - it's not bloody likely, but you never know - that they get clowned in the Super Bowl like we did last year.  I'm more bitter that in the year where the Niners go the distance every other team with a coaching vacancy rushed through the process and made their hires, whereas when we did McVay's staff got picked at by vultures for hires.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Just hope - it's not bloody likely, but you never know - that they get clowned in the Super Bowl like we did last year.  I'm more bitter that in the year where the Niners go the distance every other team with a coaching vacancy rushed through the process and made their hires, whereas when we did McVay's staff got picked at by vultures for hires.

Ours is coming. The browns are hiring Joe Woods as DC off our staff, and reports are that they want Lafleur or McDaniels as the OC with playcalling, which Shanny won't block them from. I think that is why Cleveland has been very slow in filling out the staff. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ours is coming. The browns are hiring Joe Woods as DC off our staff, and reports are that they want Lafleur or McDaniels as the OC with playcalling, which Shanny won't block them from. I think that is why Cleveland has been very slow in filling out the staff. 

A bold new tactic actually allowing assistants to interview. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

A bold new tactic actually allowing assistants to interview. 

He won't allow them to interview for lateral moves. Not sure why that's a terrible thing. Why hurt the team when that person isn't even getting put in a better position? That's just silly. I'm sure that these guys aren't really regretting that right now if they are trying to move forward with upward trajectory. 

@jrry32 How much would it cost to trade for Gerald Everett?  I know you guys could use some extra draft capital. Would the Redskins’ early 4th get it done?