RamRod

General Season Talk

1 minute ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Michael Brockers? He's 29

Yeah typo meant he'd be 30 during the season. 

Few thoughts as today comes to a close...

• If we thought Todd Gurley was stand off-ish last season, he's going to be a real gem next year during press conferences if he's not traded at this point.
  • Rams wanted to bring back Brockers (rumored). He's now a Raven. Where does that attention and allocation of funds shift to?
  • Why hasn't Littleton been given a deal as other off-ball long backers sign today? 
  • Jets missed on Graham Glasgow, KVN, and Conklin. I expect them to make a huge push for Fowler.
  • Ben Allbright replied to me today on twitter saying he expected the Cooks deal to get done quickly. It hasn't. Waiting on Cooper to make his move is my guess.
  • Still a long way to go before we sign a FA outright, I feel. The bargain barrel level guys are still a ways away. 
  • If we don't bring back Blythe, I expect us to go after Connor McGovern. Either will likely get in the neigborhood of 3 year $20mil.
  • Couple names at DT/DE to replace Brockers I like: Margus Hunt, Derek Wolfe, Mike Daniels, A'Shawn Robinson, Linval Joseph. The money intended for him will likely suit one of these fellows on a short term deal. ($7-$9Mil per)

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a strong feeling that we will not be that good next season. Especially considering the rest of the NFC West. 

I think we miss the playoffs next season and then Sean makes huge changes in players and then we bounce back the year after

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Couple names at DT/DE to replace Brockers I like: Margus Hunt, Derek Wolfe, Mike Daniels, A'Shawn Robinson, Linval Joseph. The money intended for him will likely suit one of these fellows on a short term deal. ($7-$9Mil per)

Wrong type of player to fit what the likely scheme calls for.  The reason we wanted to bring Brockers back is because he did fit the roll in the scheme (demand double-teams, eat blocks, still be good against the run) but he wasn't worth the price-tag of the salary he'd been earning previously, in that role.  Wolfe and Robinson (maybe Joseph) are really the only ones among the ones you listed who fit that mold.  More likely we could be looking at Snack Harrison (who was cut and wouldn't upset the comp formula for a return on Brockers' $10M AAV), Shelby Harris, Timmy Jernigan, arguably Justin Ellis, Danny Shelton.

Littleton hasn't signed because he's the type of LB - and ILB that's likely commanding higher dollar - that traditionally doesn't sign until Day 2 or 3 of free agency.  Right now teams are probably weighing and trying to play he and Schobert against one another; when one of those dominoes falls, I'd expect the other to follow within a couple hours after the announcement of the first.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a strong feeling that we will not be that good next season. Especially considering the rest of the NFC West. 

I think we miss the playoffs next season and then Sean makes huge changes in players and then we bounce back the year after

These are the seasons you find out what you have in your HC. When you take whatever you have around you and still win football games. This next season is on McVay and Goff. I fully believe with two more OL and a couple spot starters on defense, this team can win 11 games. 

I don't agree that we will not be good next year, but I think it will be a pivotal season for the franchise. Were we a flash in the pan or can we say McVay and Goff will be around for the next 5-7 years? I choose to believe the latter. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I dont have that same feeling. I still think the Rams will be an (11-5) team. This is making me think of what happened to Seattle years ago when they were moving big names and others was retiring and people said Seattle wont be good. I said as long as they still have Wilson and obviously Carroll is a great coach, they will be fine. They went on to win 10 games and made the playoffs. Its easy to overreact during the offseason with all these moves but the Rams will still have a talented team. If they move on from Gurley they still have Henderson whom most considered the second best back coming out in last years draft. Very talented and explosive with the ball. If the Rams move on from Cooks, they still have Kupp, Woods, Reynolds, and both Everett and Higbee. If you believe Goff will bounce back and you believe the Rams are going to go all out to improve the oline this offseason then the Rams offense will be just fine. The defense we will see if they can bring back Fowler. Losing Brockers and potentially Littleton will hurt but the Rams still have Donald, and Ramsey, and getting Johnson back and Rapp is going to be in his second year and hopefully taking a big leap. Those other guys like Kiser we will see what he can do moving forward. Again I think to simplify things, I trust in McVay and I strongly believe in Goff so the Rams will be fine. Last year was the worst year under McVay with all kinds of these going wrong yet they was still a Zeurlein made FG in Seattle and just one 3rd and 16 stop in SF away from going (11-5). Again I think the Rams will be fine but Im glad that people are going to be sleeping on the Rams again because of the moves the Cards are making, the Niners just coming off a Superbowl, and of course Seattle is still Seattle. Ill just say that the Rams are still the Rams, sleep on them if you dare lol. 

Brockers has regressed so much since his rookie year and his first 3 years. What a waste of money these last 3 years. One of the trashiest rams I’ve remembered. Our run defense without Suh and even with Suh was a joke. But at least Suh took on doubles. Brockers was beyond bad. 

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont have that same feeling. I still think the Rams will be an (11-5) team. This is making me think of what happened to Seattle years ago when they were moving big names and others was retiring and people said Seattle wont be good. I said as long as they still have Wilson and obviously Carroll is a great coach, they will be fine. They went on to win 10 games and made the playoffs. Its easy to overreact during the offseason with all these moves but the Rams will still have a talented team. If they move on from Gurley they still have Henderson whom most considered the second best back coming out in last years draft. Very talented and explosive with the ball. If the Rams move on from Cooks, they still have Kupp, Woods, Reynolds, and both Everett and Higbee. If you believe Goff will bounce back and you believe the Rams are going to go all out to improve the oline this offseason then the Rams offense will be just fine. The defense we will see if they can bring back Fowler. Losing Brockers and potentially Littleton will hurt but the Rams still have Donald, and Ramsey, and getting Johnson back and Rapp is going to be in his second year and hopefully taking a big leap. Those other guys like Kiser we will see what he can do moving forward. Again I think to simplify things, I trust in McVay and I strongly believe in Goff so the Rams will be fine. Last year was the worst year under McVay with all kinds of these going wrong yet they was still a Zeurlein made FG in Seattle and just one 3rd and 16 stop in SF away from going (11-5). Again I think the Rams will be fine but Im glad that people are going to be sleeping on the Rams again because of the moves the Cards are making, the Niners just coming off a Superbowl, and of course Seattle is still Seattle. Ill just say that the Rams are still the Rams, sleep on them if you dare lol. 

Lol you also thought we were gonna win the super bowl last season. 

I like to be a little realistic in my opinions 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol you also thought we were gonna win the super bowl last season. 

I like to be a little realistic in my opinions 

Im realistic in my opinions too but we shall see. 

If Goff takes the next step! Idgaf if we have bums playing on d. We should be fire. If Goff is up and down much like last year we are efffed.. 

All it comes down to. 

Spotrac and overthecap are both now showing different info on Gurley contract than yesterday.  Going to have to look at the when I'm at home.

Some of you guys probably have a lot better feel for it than I do but....do you think the Rams go RB early in the draft or are they prepared to make Henderson a big part of this offense? 

14 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Some of you guys probably have a lot better feel for it than I do but....do you think the Rams go RB early in the draft or are they prepared to make Henderson a big part of this offense? 

Personal preference: draft a RB early. My dream is JK Dobbins if he falls to 52.

What I think the Rams want: Take a RB 3rd-5th round and make Henderson the #1RB going into the season. Some people thought he was the best RB prospect in last years draft.