Sign in to follow this  
RamRod

General Season Talk

2 hours ago, LARams91 said:

I saw reports that the Rams plan to Transition or Franchise Tag Sammy Watkins with the plan to resign him to a long term deal before 2019.

Its what makes the most sense. He would be the most likely to flee the franchise after the year. We have longer relationships with the other Free Agents, as well as they have had much bigger roles resulting in more praise. 

Work on signing Joyner, Sullivan and Tru. Then extend Donald. And when everything settles down, figure out Sammys long term deal

Would love to retain Sammy but I think Donald and Joyner should be the priority.

19 hours ago, JonStark said:

Crabtree is most likely being released, maybe SF as a possible landing spot so he can up the total to 4?

In all seriousness, I really hope we don't sign him. I don't see him as someone Mcvay would like to have on the team.

I thought crabs was doing well over in Oakland. He really about to be released?

15 hours ago, RamRod said:

Would love to retain Sammy but I think Donald and Joyner should be the priority.

I agree they are the priority, but there is plenty of space for the trio. The big question mark to me is if we retain Tru. We could definitely make space for him as I see us cutting Tavon and possibly even Barron. This would save us 10 mil in cap space while only losing half of a starter (that half is Barron as I think Littleton has been showing well at linebacker and could in fact replace Barron).

9 hours ago, RamRod said:

Just saw this

Not fun to lose a coach but I think McVay and LaFleur can keep the progression going. Maybe bring in a young coach to grow in the system when LaFleur eventually moves on.

3 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I thought crabs was doing well over in Oakland. He really about to be released?

That's what it sounds like. Seems to be a lot of drama behind the scenes, but who knows if that stays the same with Gruden coming in.

2 hours ago, LARams91 said:

We could definitely make space for him as I see us cutting Tavon and possibly even Barron. This would save us 10 mil in cap space while only losing half of a starter

I believe we would save a good amount more than that. Tavon himself should be $8m in savings, as he only has a Roster Bonus for 2018, and if we cut him before that date, he gets nothing. Plus the about $7m we would save off of Barron.

Thats an extra $15m right there, on the projected Nearly $50m in space we already have for 2018.

17 hours ago, RamRod said:

I hate to get into this argument again, but assuming we Tag Sammy, Donald is at best the #3 priority of the offseason.

I will say it again, he should get paid, he deserves is. But he is still under contract for 2018. He will likely hold out till he gets his deal, and thats fine, but that will not be the #1 priority going into the offseason.

2018 Offseason Priorities

1. Franchise Tag for Sammy
  2. Lock up Joyner to a long term deal
  3. Make a decision on Tru (and as a corollary NRC) 
  4. Re-up Sullvan for one more year (while finding his future replacement)
  5. Kill the Draft / fill out the rest of the roster
  6. Figure out Donald's long term contract
  7. Figure out Sammy's long term contract

We had an NFL leading six first team all-pros

Todd Gurley

Andrew Whitworth 

Aaron Donald

Johnny Hekker

Greg Zuerlein

Pharoh Cooper

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

We had an NFL leading six first team all-pros

Todd Gurley

Andrew Whitworth 

Aaron Donald

Johnny Hekker

Greg Zuerlein

Pharoh Cooper

Saffold made the second team along with Pharoh as the punt returner. Nice.